Got my K712 yesterday, thoughts so far:
- cheap build quality, hope it will proof to be more durable than the looks- and feel suggests
- very comfy
- SQ really surprised me..it does have the same feel as my K501, but improved on details and bass!, which is very balanced and for me, no Fidelio X2 rumbles in symphonies though but more textured, which I prefer..
- the soundstage is really really good for small jazz esembles or chamber music. Also big symphonies do very very well. Imaging is way better than the HD650 and more impressive than the HD600, because of the more realistic soundstage
- sometimes there is a small hint of a lower treble peak which most of the time doesn't bother me, and even less so on my V200 amp, and is more of a very subtle sound effect which often works great. again very subtle..
- tonality is wonderful, reminiscent of my HD600..instruments sound very natural, including piano!
Like the HD600, I would not describe this headphone as neutral..it has a very slight warmish glow which makes it very natural sounding. Also the mids are less prominent then on the HD600 which is also more natural, although it has charms of its own.
So far very very happy with the K712. exactly what I was looking for and where the X2 failed me, for the AKG is more balanced all through the sound spectrum andd has cleaner treble
Edited by Quinto - Yesterday at 3:11 am