Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread - Page 22

post #316 of 3606
Quote:
Originally Posted by KetchupNinja View Post

 

I'd just go with whatever you can get the cheapest.  Higher prices doesn't mean it will be considerably better than each other for gaming, all three headphones perform quite well.

Well my current headphone Ive had for very long, so long that I don't remember when bought them.

It's the HD212 pro, maybe Ive had them for 10years.

 

There is a good chance that once I buy new headphone I'll have them for 5+ years, maybe 10+ years(!).

So It's not impossible for me to pay 4-500 euro's for them aslong as it's worth it for my usage.

 

The Denon D7000 got according to MLE:

Fun:10/10, Competitive: 8.5

 

Those might be a candidate, but I do want to try open headphones never had headphones besides HD 212 Pro :)

post #317 of 3606
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpatzer View Post

Well my current headphone Ive had for very long, so long that I don't remember when bought them.

It's the HD212 pro, maybe Ive had them for 10years.

 

There is a good chance that once I buy new headphone I'll have them for 5+ years, maybe 10+ years(!).

So It's not impossible for me to pay 4-500 euro's for them aslong as it's worth it for my usage.

 

The Denon D7000 got according to MLE:

Fun:10/10, Competitive: 8.5

 

Those might be a candidate, but I do want to try open headphones never had headphones besides HD 212 Pro :)


Getting one pair of good cans is probably what most of us would recommend.  I was kinda referring to what MLE said about the Q701 vs the Annie.  I've been lusting over the Denon Dx000 line for a while now!  That would be my next purchase for sure if I can find one at a decent price. 

post #318 of 3606
Sigh, my scores are based on a headphone's own merits. One headphone's 8 isn't another headphone's 8.

Look at what I write for that specific headphone instead of trying to do a solid numerical comparison, which is exactly what I said should be avoided.

Just get a headphone that you eel fits what you want. If you're gonna choose say an AD700 over the Q701 because the score is a little higher, you're making a mistake.

Stop comparing scores.
post #319 of 3606
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpatzer View Post

Would it not be best for competitive gaming choose Q701 or K701annie and then for single player gaming choose something like DT990 which from what I read has more bass?

 

I might buy the Q701 + DT990 combination (online games with Q701 other stuff DT990).

Also atm I have HD212 Pro, when I bought it was very cheap but it seems to be a nice "fun" headphone according reviews here on head-fi, albeit I have never compared to any other headphone, basicaly HD212 pro is the only headphone I have ever owned.

 

Might just buy the Q701 for online gaming and use HD212 pro for movies/music.

 

Why are people painting the Q701 as though it's only good for competitive gaming?

It's not. It blows the DT990 out of the water.

 

Just my 2 cents.

post #320 of 3606

Based on the reading I did for the Q701 versus when I actually listened to it, I feel that it exceeded its reputation for music (really quite good, very good I must say for the $), and fell rather short of its reputation for competitive gaming.

 

Great soundstage, mediocre imaging. I'd rather have the inverse.

 

The sound signature is great and I bet the K702-65/K712 are/will be great too, just not nearly as good of a value.


Edited by 3X0 - 5/11/13 at 7:07pm
post #321 of 3606
Quote:
Originally Posted by viralcow View Post

 

Why are people painting the Q701 as though it's only good for competitive gaming?

It's not. It blows the DT990 out of the water.

 

Just my 2 cents.

+1

post #322 of 3606
Originally Posted by 3X0 View Post

Based on the reading I did for the Q701 versus when I actually listened to it, I feel that it [...] fell rather short of its reputation for competitive gaming.

 

I echo that sentiment (only, for the K701 rather than the Q701). Did you pair the Q701 with the Astro Mixamp*? I'm buying one soon with fervent hope its imaging will "improve".

 

*Were you referring to MLE's thread when you said, "Based on the reading I did"? Apologies if I assumed wrongly; MLE's guide is nothing short of ubiquitous on Head-Fi when the topic is gaming, and MLE stated his guide should only be considered if you use the Mixamp. 

post #323 of 3606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nom de Plume View Post

 

I echo that sentiment (only, for the K701 rather than the Q701). Did you pair the Q701 with the Astro Mixamp*? I'm buying one soon with fervent hope its imaging will "improve".

 

*Were you referring to MLE's thread when you said, "Based on the reading I did"? Apologies if I assumed wrongly; MLE's guide is nothing short of ubiquitous on Head-Fi when the topic is gaming, and MLE stated his guide should only be considered if you use the Mixamp. 

I was using Dolby Headphone, which is as I understand it pretty much all the Mixamp is for.

post #324 of 3606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nom de Plume View Post

 

I echo that sentiment (only, for the K701 rather than the Q701). Did you pair the Q701 with the Astro Mixamp*? I'm buying one soon with fervent hope its imaging will "improve".

 

*Were you referring to MLE's thread when you said, "Based on the reading I did"? Apologies if I assumed wrongly; MLE's guide is nothing short of ubiquitous on Head-Fi when the topic is gaming, and MLE stated his guide should only be considered if you use the Mixamp. 

The MLE guide stated the K701 is better for gaming then Q701, atleast for competitive.

post #325 of 3606
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpatzer View Post

The MLE guide stated the K701 is better for gaming then Q701, atleast for competitive.
If you are absolutely forced to make a decision between the two, then yes, but the difference is negligible.
post #326 of 3606
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post


If you are absolutely forced to make a decision between the two, then yes, but the difference is negligible.

 

I decided for now go a cheaper route, K601 + ODAC, incase the ODAC is not good for gaming I do have a soundcard.

K601 is a starting point to see how satisfied I am with the sound

 

I don't know where the K601 ranks in competitive gaming, it should atleast be better then my current headphones.

post #327 of 3606
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post

If you are absolutely forced to make a decision between the two, then yes, but the difference is negligible.

This. RIGHT HERE.

He's clearly not understanding this.

And lol, he went from looking into headphones I reviewed, to a headphone I haven't reviewed that doesn't even use the same drivers as the 70x.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/12/13 at 2:00pm
post #328 of 3606
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpatzer View Post

 

I decided for now go a cheaper route, K601 + ODAC, incase the ODAC is not good for gaming I do have a soundcard.

K601 is a starting point to see how satisfied I am with the sound

 

I don't know where the K601 ranks in competitive gaming, it should atleast be better then my current headphones.

 

Strange choice.  The K601 is a different headphone than the x70x.  Just because it's AKG and starts with "K" doesn't mean it will sound like a budget K701 or anything.

 

They should still be decent though, but I would have gone with Q701.  And the ODAC for gaming?  I don't get that, but whatever.

 

 

BTW, IMO all these AKG gaming questions from newish members who are clearly reference MLE's guide should post them in THAT thread, instead of posting them in the K712 or anniversary threads and derailing them a little.

post #329 of 3606

Is there a release date yet? For any of the new headphones?

post #330 of 3606
Originally Posted by grandpatzer View Post

The MLE guide stated the K701 is better for gaming then Q701, atleast for competitive.

 

I only said I had the same experience with my K701 as he did with his Q701, so I don't see how your statement is relevant to that.

 

 

Originally Posted by 3X0 View Post

I was using Dolby Headphone, which is as I understand it pretty much all the Mixamp is for.

 

That's all I needed to know, thanks.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread