Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread - Page 21

post #301 of 3364

My raw K 701 measurement correlates remarkably well to those measured by Tyll especially considering my measurement setup is home-brewn. The only real difference is in the amount of treble, with my pair measuring as having more around 7 kHz. I don't consider it in error since I can hear it as well.

post #302 of 3364

The K712 Pros aren't even out yet, but this thread has gone off the tracks already - much like its cousin thread from about a week or two, AKG K702 65th Anniversary.

post #303 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellte2 View Post

The K712 Pros aren't even out yet, but this thread has gone off the tracks already - much like its cousin thread from about a week or two, AKG K702 65th Anniversary.

 

That's true. Let's go back on the track.

post #304 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellte2 View Post

The K712 Pros aren't even out yet, but this thread has gone off the tracks already - much like its cousin thread from about a week or two, AKG K702 65th Anniversary.

 

+1 crazy right? :)
Reply
post #305 of 3364

I actually agree with one thing Vid said. 

 

I see little reason to buy a K712 Pro when I've got a K701. 

 

On the other hand I'm always willing to try some new parts/mods. Planning on ordering the memory foam pads from Harman. 

post #306 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinE View Post

I actually agree with one thing Vid said. 

 

I'm not sure why you wouldn't agree with anything else I said, but whatever.

post #307 of 3364

Edited


Edited by muxamed - 5/10/13 at 11:52pm
post #308 of 3364

So reading this thread many think that 712 = 701 annie?

 

I'm in need of a new heaphone, my current headphones are Sennheiser HD212 pro, according reviews they are more "fun" then Q701, however I'm need of gaming headphones and don't mind if they immerse me in the game aswell with some "fun".

 

I'm considering these 2 options:

Option1: For gaming/movies/music: K701 annie OR K712.

Basicaly these would be for everything.

Ofcourse if I'm not satisfied with them while watching movies/music I could revert to my HD212 pro for those needs.

 

Option2: AD700/K701 for online gaming then for Movies/games some other headphones or keep my HD212pro for movies/gaming.

 

My problem is I do alot of online competitive gaming (Counter Strike: GO), so I'm leaning towards the K701annie/K712 option.

However they are pricey, if they don't work as good for movies/games I would be disappointed to only use so expensive headphones for gaming (I live in Europe so I'm looking 460-570euro for the AKG's).

 

Another option is  Stax headphones, they seem like nice headphones

Someone recommended me ATH W1000x closed headphones, I think because of closed they would not work well for competitive games like Counter Strike.

post #309 of 3364
Pretty sure they are gonna be 100% identical, and street prices will be eventually similar (just as the K70x and Q701 are always near the same price).

The Annie has the limited availability and specific color scheme. Its also been heard already. I would just go for those now if youre in a hurry. A great all rounder with comfort, and great for all forms of gaming.

Of course, you can just wait a few weeks for the K712 Pro if you're paranoid. Lol.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/11/13 at 1:11am
post #310 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Pretty sure they are gonna be 100% identical, and street prices will be eventually similar (just as the K70x and Q701 are always near the same price).

The Annie has the limited availability and specific color scheme. Its also been heard already. I would just go for those now if youre in a hurry. A great all rounder with comfort, and great for all forms of gaming.

Of course, you can just wait a few weeks for the K712 Pro if you're paranoid. Lol.

would you say the Q701 is better for gaming compared to K701 annie?

 

I read that you rated AD700/K701 10/10 for competitive gaming and is like a sound wallhack.

Q701/K701annie/K702 all seems to have 9.5/10 not sure how much that last 0.5 makes a difference as I have not tested any of the headphones.

 

Also PC360 got 9.5/10 but it only got 6.5/10 in fun, if it had 8/10 it would be a sure buy (half the price of Q701).

post #311 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpatzer View Post

would you say the Q701 is better for gaming compared to K701 annie?

 

 

For competitive gaming, a little yes.  That's because the Q701 is lighter and clearer sounding with stronger separation.

 

But the anniversary edition is more fun and immersive sounding for single player gaming because it has a fuller weightier sound.

 

 

IMO the best route is to get both sets of pads.  Then you can switch between them the two headphones as you like.

post #312 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post

 

 

For competitive gaming, a little yes.  That's because the Q701 is lighter and clearer sounding with stronger separation.

 

But the anniversary edition is more fun and immersive sounding for single player gaming because it has a fuller weightier sound.

 

 

IMO the best route is to get both sets of pads.  Then you can switch between them the two headphones as you like.

Would it not be best for competitive gaming choose Q701 or K701annie and then for single player gaming choose something like DT990 which from what I read has more bass?

 

I might buy the Q701 + DT990 combination (online games with Q701 other stuff DT990).

Also atm I have HD212 Pro, when I bought it was very cheap but it seems to be a nice "fun" headphone according reviews here on head-fi, albeit I have never compared to any other headphone, basicaly HD212 pro is the only headphone I have ever owned.

 

Might just buy the Q701 for online gaming and use HD212 pro for movies/music.

post #313 of 3364
If you think the Q701 is gonna give you a distinct advantage over the Annie in gaming, you're confused. Basically, anything I score above an 8 is like splitting hairs. I overstate the differences just to clarify, but they aren't huge.

The Annie does everything well, and it's not like you'll miss getting an extra kill because you didn't have the Q701.
post #314 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

If you think the Q701 is gonna give you a distinct advantage over the Annie in gaming, you're confused. Basically, anything I score above an 8 is like splitting hairs. I overstate the differences just to clarify, but they aren't huge.

The Annie does everything well, and it's not like you'll miss getting an extra kill because you didn't have the Q701.

I play CS GO where sound is important, If there are no background noises would there then be little difference determining steps location regardless of headphones at  8 or above?

 

On CS GO there is a map De_Nuke, basicaly the map is designed in a way that A bomb site is above B site, one time when the bomb was beeping I could not determine where bomb was but other guy in my team immediately knew, I was dead at this point and spectating him playing.

I asked him how he knew and he said sound so at that point I realised my current headphones are not on par or maybe I had my soundcard setup wrong.

 

I have looked at the DT990 which you gave fun 9 and competitive 8, I guess those would be a decent candidate aswell?

I did see you gave the 701 Annie 8fun and 9.5competitive while DT990 is 9fun and 8competitive. 

 

fwiw the Annie is 3x the price of DT990 pro 250ohm, Q710 is 2x the price of DT990.

Still I guess the Annie/Q710 is better option in my case (online gaming). 

post #315 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpatzer View Post

I play CS GO where sound is important, If there are no background noises would there then be little difference determining steps location regardless of headphones at  8 or above?

 

On CS GO there is a map De_Nuke, basicaly the map is designed in a way that A bomb site is above B site, one time when the bomb was beeping I could not determine where bomb was but other guy in my team immediately knew, I was dead at this point and spectating him playing.

I asked him how he knew and he said sound so at that point I realised my current headphones are not on par or maybe I had my soundcard setup wrong.

 

I have looked at the DT990 which you gave fun 9 and competitive 8, I guess those would be a decent candidate aswell?

I did see you gave the 701 Annie 8fun and 9.5competitive while DT990 is 9fun and 8competitive. 

 

fwiw the Annie is 3x the price of DT990 pro 250ohm, Q710 is 2x the price of DT990.

Still I guess the Annie/Q710 is better option in my case (online gaming). 

 

I'd just go with whatever you can get the cheapest.  Higher prices doesn't mean it will be considerably better than each other for gaming, all three headphones perform quite well.  Other than their sonic qualities, I'd look into other fields such as comfort.


Edited by KetchupNinja - 5/11/13 at 8:05am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread