Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread - Page 129

post #1921 of 3364

Thanks chicolom.

 

Would I be right to say that the T1 is a more advanced, higher-end sounding K702?  Clear treble and instrument separation, with deep soundstage, is how I'd describe a K702.  I know you felt the K712 was much deeper and warmer sounding than the K702.

 

Any idea on the price for the K812?

 

And finally, I know it's been kicked around here, but anyone want to venture a definitive summary of the K712 (or K702) vs HE500?

 

I'm starting to wonder if the HE500 may be my next headphone.  (I'm a huge fan of the K702, but at this point teetering on the brink of buying a Q701, as a cheap improvement to it, a K712 as a more expensive improvement, or just holding out for a K812, though I'm not sure I can remotely afford it).

post #1922 of 3364
$1499 seems to have been tossed around quite a bit for the K812.

Disappointing, to say the least. Ensures that only the l337 audiophiles will spring for these.
post #1923 of 3364

Wow, $1500?  :confused_face_2:

 

If true, well, that cuts one set of cans out of the running.  Sheesh!

post #1924 of 3364

I'm sure razordog will have a slight discount with a coupon :tongue_smile:

post #1925 of 3364
For a mere $1400. biggrin.gif
post #1926 of 3364
I think the msrp for the K812 is 1500+, but it could be it will sell for less. The msrp of the K712 is 700 and it sells for 375 at razor dog.

If I were pricing it I would have made it undercut some of the other flagships so it seemed the most affordable and better value for the money.
Edited by chicolom - 10/13/13 at 3:04pm
post #1927 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post

I think the msrp for the K812 is 1500+, but it could be it will sell for less. The msrp of the K712 is 700 and it sells for 375 at razor dog.

If I were pricing it I would have made it undercut some of the other flagships so it seemed the most affordable and better value for the money.

 

If the K812 is $1k, I'll definitely be purchasing a pair. 

post #1928 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post
 

 

If the K812 is $1k, I'll definitely be purchasing a pair. 

Agreed, though I might pay retail if Colorware gets ahold of them like the HD800 :)

post #1929 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWahl View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post
 

 

If the K812 is $1k, I'll definitely be purchasing a pair. 

Agreed, though I might pay retail if Colorware gets ahold of them like the HD800 :)

 

I don't know if they will. It looks like the K812 has a lot of meshy plastic that would be hard to get an even paint on. The HD800 has a lot more smooth surfaces.

 

 

Should also add, I'll be keeping track of impressions as well, and be purchasing from someone like Razor Dog audio where I can return easily as well. :D

post #1930 of 3364

$1,000 is a really good deal. If they're that price in the USA I will buy my neighbor and friends a pair. They also have mp3 players.

post #1931 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post

I think the msrp for the K812 is 1500+, but it could be it will sell for less. The msrp of the K712 is 700 and it sells for 375 at razor dog.

If I were pricing it I would have made it undercut some of the other flagships so it seemed the most affordable and better value for the money.

 

You could be right.   I hope you are right.  :D

 

But even if they sell it for less, I think when it is just released they will go for MSRP.  

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post
 

 

If the K812 is $1k, I'll definitely be purchasing a pair. 

 

   Me too!!!!

post #1932 of 3364

Hey guys, any opinions on hanging these headphones by just one of the metal arches?

 

I want to just stick a hook to the side of my monitor and hang my headphones from that, but the hook is only long enough to reach one metal arch, not both.

I could get a better hook from like Ikea, that would allow me to hang it using both metal archs but that involves money and time needed to even get to Ikea lol.

post #1933 of 3364

The unmodded HD800 vs K712 Pro is still in the mix.  I am waiting for a few people to return from RMAF to get my hands on an unmodded pair.

post #1934 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by NA Blur View Post
 

The unmodded HD800 vs K712 Pro is still in the mix.  I am waiting for a few people to return from RMAF to get my hands on an unmodded pair.

 

Comparing the HD800 to the K712 is beyond silly.  It isn't even half as capable as the HD800's realism and ability to produce intensely dynamic and physically definable instruments and vocals.  It isn't as good as the HD700, but it is more enjoyable than the Sennheiser HD700 and Hifiman HE-500 to me.  


Edited by 24Bit - 10/13/13 at 6:43pm
post #1935 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanpandaChan View Post
 

Hey guys, any opinions on hanging these headphones by just one of the metal arches?

 

I want to just stick a hook to the side of my monitor and hang my headphones from that, but the hook is only long enough to reach one metal arch, not both.

I could get a better hook from like Ikea, that would allow me to hang it using both metal archs but that involves money and time needed to even get to Ikea lol.

 

It probably isn't awful for them. The arches are actually connected in the cup by a big fat plastic piece that screws in to the cup. I would just worry about it wiggling and breaking free from that plastic piece. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread