Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › LA Head-Fiers: MAY 31-June 2 Headphonium Event @ THE Show Newport - ALO, AUDEZE, CENTRANCE, HiFiMAN, HRT, SCHIIT
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LA Head-Fiers: MAY 31-June 2 Headphonium Event @ THE Show Newport - ALO, AUDEZE, CENTRANCE,... - Page 3  

post #31 of 225
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OJNeg View Post

I wonder if Tyll will autograph my headphones ...jkatsmile.gif
 

LOL

 

While cruising in the Tesla Model S!

post #32 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by OJNeg View Post

I wonder if Tyll will autograph my headphones ...jkatsmile.gif
 

 

Sure, why not. Bring your Sharpie. :P

post #33 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJNeg View Post

I wonder if Tyll will autograph my headphones ...jkatsmile.gif

 

Sure, why not. Bring your Sharpie. :P

 

I think I see some profit potential in this idea...

post #34 of 225
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens View Post

 

Sure, why not. Bring your Sharpie. :P

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

I think I see some profit potential in this idea...

We should set up a table like a book-signing!

 

Imagine, a line of headphone devotees lined up to get their cans signed...

SMILE

post #35 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemercer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

I think I see some profit potential in this idea...

 

We should set up a table like a book-signing!

 

Imagine, a line of headphone devotees lined up to get their cans signed...

SMILE

 

At Star Trek conventions (oh gawd I cannot not believe I'm about to post this), there's a fee of at least $25 per person in order to have something signed.  It is expected that you BYO whatever, but luckily they also sell photos for incredibly reasonable prices (NOT).  To really milk this, we should have some spare Momentum units on hand for people to buy.  biggrin.gif

post #36 of 225
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

At Star Trek conventions (oh gawd I cannot not believe I'm about to post this), there's a fee of at least $25 per person in order to have something signed.  It is expected that you BYO whatever, but luckily they also sell photos for incredibly reasonable prices (NOT).  To really milk this, we should have some spare Momentum units on hand for people to buy.  biggrin.gif

You know, this is but one of the reasons I love the personal audio community  

- you guys know when to have FUN, and also when to get down to bizness.

 

Unfortunately you've unlocked our secret:

Not only will Tyll be signing autographs for $25 bucks a pop (and just hand the money to me, no worries) - 

 

But he's going to jump over a huge pile of discarded headphone amp chassis in the middle of the show on his bike!

and the old componentry will be in flames...

 

Sorry Tyll, I had to give it up.

 

biggrin.gif

post #37 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemercer View Post

But he's going to jump over a huge pile of discarded headphone amp chassis in the middle of the show on his bike!

and the old componentry will be in flames...

 

Sorry Tyll, I had to give it up.

 

biggrin.gif

 

Wait, forget the autographs!  How much are the tickets for THAT?!  biggrin.gif

 

Actually, if what I think will happen actually happens, the autographs should appreciate in value.  Might be a good investment... wink.gif

post #38 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemercer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

I think I see some profit potential in this idea...

 

We should set up a table like a book-signing!

 

Imagine, a line of headphone devotees lined up to get their cans signed...

SMILE

 

At Star Trek conventions (oh gawd I cannot not believe I'm about to post this), there's a fee of at least $25 per person in order to have something signed.  It is expected that you BYO whatever, but luckily they also sell photos for incredibly reasonable prices (NOT).  To really milk this, we should have some spare Momentum units on hand for people to buy.  biggrin.gif

 

 

Haha get him to sign some Edition 10s, now that would be funny biggrin.gif

post #39 of 225

This sounds like an awesome event. I plan to go and try out some gear before I make my first dac and amp purchase. I'm really looking forward to listening to some of the gear by Schiit Audio. I've heard some really good things about them. The car show and all the other stuff is a plus!

 

Thanks for the heads up about this.

post #40 of 225
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuGTX View Post

This sounds like an awesome event. I plan to go and try out some gear before I make my first dac and amp purchase. I'm really looking forward to listening to some of the gear by Schiit Audio. I've heard some really good things about them. The car show and all the other stuff is a plus!

 

Thanks for the heads up about this.

I'm psyched to know we'll have some Head-Fiers there!  When Jude told me to take this on (helping the owner of T.H.E Show Newport put a small headphone area together)

I was slammed and didn't see how I could manage.  But I thought about the sheer joy I've been experiencing with my personal audio rigs lately, and how much I've enjoyed 

corresponding, AND learning from all of you - and realized I had to take it on!!

 

I hope Jude makes it (I'll be bugging him this week) - and I'm psyched for our headphone panels too.

We're gonna have some FUN this year!

 

Also: I'm going to DJ on Fri and Sat. night at The Atrium in the courtyard poolside - 8-11pm

 

I'm not going to play tech house (I usually spin underground house) rather do the Gilles Peterson thing - and just drop sweet records!

ANYBODY who's staying down there - be sure to stop on by after dinner:

 


Edited by mikemercer - 5/21/13 at 11:09am
post #41 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemercer View Post

I'm psyched to know we'll have some Head-Fiers there!  When Jude told me to take this on (helping the owner of T.H.E Show Newport put a small headphone area together)

I was slammed and didn't see how I could manage.  But I thought about the sheer joy I've been experiencing with my personal audio rigs lately, and how much I've enjoyed 

corresponding, AND learning from all of you - and realized I had to take it on!!

 

I hope Jude makes it (I'll be bugging him this week) - and I'm psyched for our headphone panels too.

We're gonna have some FUN this year!

 

Also: I'm going to DJ on Fri and Sat. night at The Atrium in the courtyard poolside - 8-11pm

 

I'm not going to play tech house (I usually spin underground house) rather do the Giller Peterson thing - and just drop sweet records!

ANYBODY who's staying down there - be sure to stop on by after dinner:

 


Hey how come it says that the Headphonium area is sold out? Does that mean if you purchase your ticket now you won't be able to enter the headphone area?

post #42 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post


Hey how come it says that the Headphonium area is sold out? Does that mean if you purchase your ticket now you won't be able to enter the headphone area?

 

LOL. only the vendor spots are sold out, you'll be able to get in.  smile.gif

post #43 of 225
Thread Starter 

YES sorry about the miscommunication.

There are still tickets for attendees of course.

 

Psyched to see you guys there.

 

I'm psyched some of my friends in the old guard (as I call em, because many of my good friends in high end audio are my parents

age or older - scary when I put it like that - and, I realize many of them have literally watched me grow up - or NOT) - but I'm psyched

they're mixing it up this year!

 

first - they asked for help with a dedicated headphone area (am pumped about this)

 

they got:

DOPE cars and more of em

more LA Foodtrucks

VFX theaters is going to have one built in a shed in the parking lot!

I've experienced the demo - it's cool as sh--.

 

I'm just pumped we'll have some Head-Fiers representin'!!  Looks like Jude's coming...

post #44 of 225

Hey, I maybe crazy for thinking this... but wouldn't it be the shiznit if we came up with a Head-Fi gang sign?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemercer View Post

 Looks like Jude's coming...

 

Best news I've heard all day!  Haven't seen him in a while, would be totally cool to hang out.  Thanks for wrangling him into coming Mike!  smile.gif

post #45 of 225

Miguel, you must've misunderstood my Facebook post. What I said was it looks unlikely that I'll be able to attend. I hope I can, but my schedule only gets more prohibitive with each day.

 

It looks like an amazing event you've got organized there. Congratulations!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › LA Head-Fiers: MAY 31-June 2 Headphonium Event @ THE Show Newport - ALO, AUDEZE, CENTRANCE, HiFiMAN, HRT, SCHIIT