Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Why do no audiophiles listen to electronic music?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why do no audiophiles listen to electronic music? - Page 12

post #166 of 174

This was recommended in the female vocals thread, but it belongs here too....

 

Malia / Boris Blank - Convergence

 

 

 

https://play.spotify.com/album/40P0n2AQbFy4n0Ik41mBsU

post #167 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depechetraff View Post

This was recommended in the female vocals thread, but it belongs here too....

Malia / Boris Blank - Convergence
"I think it's very difficult to find the difference between jazz and pop music; I think it's very close anyhow." -Boris Blank in that video.

Uh, not really. There's a pretty darn big difference between pop and jazz, Boris. His comment makes me assume he hasn't actually listened to very much jazz.

Anyway, just that you know, there's actually a thread on Head-Fi dedicated to electronic music recommendations, so you don't need to use this one for that purpose. I might be wrong, but isn't this thread dedicated to discussing whether there are audiophiles out there who listen to electronic music?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/544388/electronic-music-exchange-house-dnb-dubstep-etc
post #168 of 174



Errr...where did anyone get the notion that audiophiles don't listen to electronic music. Gary Koh, the designer of the speakers above, demos with everything from Yello to Infected Mushroom to Boards of Canada at all the major shows. Personally, I've been into Electronica ever since I first heard Kraftwerk in my teens. I'm 50 now and listen to a lot of electronic music, among everything else. A better question would be, "Why don't newly minted "audiophiles" listen to electronic music?" And that's a whole other ball of wax.

smily_headphones1.gif
post #169 of 174

Yes kraftwerk :)

 

I think there IS a younger demographic that's getting into hifi audio, especially portable, that mainly listens to electronic. Or jpop, kpop/ other similar genres. Just look at all the anime avatars.

post #170 of 174
Thread Starter 
I actually quite like Daft Punk as well, but not their new album, the older stuff like Homework and Discovery.
post #171 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by razor5cl View Post

I actually quite like Daft Punk as well, but not their new album, the older stuff like Homework and Discovery.

 

Discovery is legendary. 

 

 

 

Calvin Harris has a ton of old stuff that is many times better than the stuff he puts out now to appeal to the masses.  I don't mean to hate on what he's doing btw.  A man's gotta eat and he's def paying the bills now.  But his old music was truly top-notch.  Check it out.  I would suggest "Neon Rocks", "Blue" and "I'm Not Alone".  All very different from one another so check each.


Edited by themuna - 3/20/14 at 5:48pm
post #172 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffer View Post




Errr...where did anyone get the notion that audiophiles don't listen to electronic music. Gary Koh, the designer of the speakers above, demos with everything from Yello to Infected Mushroom to Boards of Canada at all the major shows. Personally, I've been into Electronica ever since I first heard Kraftwerk in my teens. I'm 50 now and listen to a lot of electronic music, among everything else. A better question would be, "Why don't newly minted "audiophiles" listen to electronic music?" And that's a whole other ball of wax.

smily_headphones1.gif

 

 

 "Why don't newly minted "audiophiles" listen to electronic music?" 

 

Very well said, sir. There is no substitute for the Socratic method of education.

post #173 of 174

A couple of artists I like that play electronic music are Tycho and Com Truise.  Check them out!

 

https://soundcloud.com/tycho

 

http://ghostly.com/artists/com-truise

post #174 of 174

I think they do , but you have an active thread )

 

Audiophile Electronica ..       Wow where to start recomending

 

Pete namlook  'Silence' series ,  Air '1+2' , From Within '1+3'

 

http://www.ambientmusicguide.com/pages/N/namlook.php

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Why do no audiophiles listen to electronic music?