or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Why do no audiophiles listen to electronic music?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why do no audiophiles listen to electronic music? - Page 11

post #151 of 238

About the space thingie, I think this track definitely has the feeling:

 

 

This track is from 1996, the days when Electronic Music was rising. LSG is an alias of a producer called Oliver Lieb who's been in the industry since 1988.

post #152 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer01 View Post

My favourite genres are rock, classical, and Depeche Mode biggrin.gif
Seriously though, Depeche are the only electronic band I listen to really. Are they electronic? Synth?
I've been listening to Propaganda recently, on youtube, I may take the plunge and buy A Secret Wish soon.


Hello, I'm not sure where you are based, but there is a 25th Anniversary Editon of A Secret Wish that is well worth the purchase. (£8.49 on Amazon.co.uk) It is a brilliant album, I've been a Propaganda fan since I heard Duel and Dr Mabuse on the radio a loooooong time ago. I first bought that album on casette from HMV.

post #153 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopaminer View Post
 

Pitch Black, good people.  Pitch Black:

 

 

http://www.pitchblack.co.nz/


cheers for this! i downloaded ape to angel and im pretty impressed. havent given the album a proper listen yet, but the title track atleast is amazing!

post #154 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demibeard 
Hello, I'm not sure where you are based, but there is a 25th Anniversary Editon of A Secret Wish that is well worth the purchase. (£8.49 on Amazon.co.uk) It is a brilliant album, I've been a Propaganda fan since I heard Duel and Dr Mabuse on the radio a loooooong time ago. I first bought that album on casette from HMV.

Hi, I'm based in the UK. I've been looking at the 25th Anniversary one, that's the one I'll get. I don't think it has the extended mix of P Machinery though, is it called the Polish Mix? Ah, just looked, it is there! I've listened to that a few times on youtube recently.

Cheers Demibeard.
post #155 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlr View Post
 


cheers for this! i downloaded ape to angel and im pretty impressed. havent given the album a proper listen yet, but the title track atleast is amazing!

Awesome.  "Rhythm, Sound and Movement" is my fave.  If you join their website, they`ll send you random tracks and sets.  I have a live-in-Tokyo set that is great. I go to New Zealand every Dec-Jan and always search for their discs to rip in flac.   

 

And thanks to Decorus for introducing Trentemøller :  It`s exactly what I was looking for . . . 

 

d

post #156 of 238

 

Blackbird Blackbird - Boracay Planet

post #157 of 238

Listening to infected mushroom now... starts to feel slightly self conscience :< 

post #158 of 238

 

A tough listen for the first few spins, as so many brilliant albums often are...

post #159 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredrikT92 View Post
 

Check out Jon Hopkins - Immunity album. 

Probably the best electronic music album released in 2013

 

This album is sensational.

 

Cheers for the heads up.

post #160 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukerah View Post
 

 

This album is sensational.

 

Cheers for the heads up.

+1

post #161 of 238

Looking for some closed over the ear cans good for techno and such (mostly infected mushroom, glitch mob, boys noize etc). What have ya'll tried that sounds good? The hd598s sound incredible for really detailed and intricate stuff, and the bass is very tight which I like, but they are not so portable!


Edited by indieman - 3/11/14 at 4:23pm
post #162 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer01 View Post

My favourite genres are rock, classical, and Depeche Mode biggrin.gif
Seriously though, Depeche are the only electronic band I listen to really. Are they electronic? Synth?

Yes so good! They are electronic, at least on wikipedia ;)

post #163 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by indieman View Post

Yes so good! They are electronic, at least on wikipedia wink.gif

Electronic, synthpop, new wave, alt dance, alt rockers according to wikipedia biggrin.gif
They're easily in my top 5 greatest bands of all time. What a body of work.
post #164 of 238

I like them a bit too.  Just a bit ;)

post #165 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depechetraff View Post

I like them a bit too.  Just a bit wink.gif

I think they may have fused with my DNA lol.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Why do no audiophiles listen to electronic music?