Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Who here watches Game of Thrones ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Who here watches Game of Thrones ? - Page 5

post #61 of 110

I tried to read the Game of Thrones books..but just didnt like the "fantasy" portrayed... The series..Well I liked season 1..but after that it got meh for me...

post #62 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedangel View Post

I tried to read the Game of Thrones books..but just didnt like the "fantasy" portrayed... The series..Well I liked season 1..but after that it got meh for me...

You mean it was too serious/violent ? Its a gritty story, I can understand its not 'fantasy' in common understanding.
post #63 of 110

The latest episode. Peter Dinklage, awesome, the finest acting I've seen in a while.

post #64 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by proton007 View Post

The latest episode. Peter Dinklage, awesome, the finest acting I've seen in a while.

 

Oh boy, he is married with a 14 yr old lady. But, i agree with your statement. 

post #65 of 110

Yeah I'm beginning to wonder if they are going to end this season with the end of the third book? If so the last two episodes are going to have a lot going on..

post #66 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by malignanttheory View Post

Yeah I'm beginning to wonder if they are going to end this season with the end of the third book? If so the last two episodes are going to have a lot going on..

I believe the this season was only going to cover the first half of the third book and continue it next season.  The third book has so many important events happening all over the place that more episodes dedicated to it would make sense.  

post #67 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by daigo View Post

I believe the this season was only going to cover the first half of the third book and continue it next season.  The third book has so many important events happening all over the place that more episodes dedicated to it would make sense.  

 

Yeah, that would make sense.

Also gives them some time to explore things better. If they go by one book per season, they'd be out of material before the next book arrives.

post #68 of 110

I watched the first season, then read the first three books. I was impressed how closely the first series followed the book, but with season 2 and 3 there are a lot more variations around vs the books. In a sense it is good because it makes it trickier to anticipate events and both manage to keep an identity of their own. I really wonder where season 3 is going to end?

 

The books are kind of tricky to read being written from different perspectives to further the story line. The second book is especially tough to figure out who is who and what is going on etc. It was quite a departure from where the first book left. Later on I couldn't put it down, you always want to know whats going to happen next! :)

post #69 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by daerron View Post

The books are kind of tricky to read being written from different perspectives to further the story line. The second book is especially tough to figure out who is who and what is going on etc. It was quite a departure from where the first book left. Later on I couldn't put it down, you always want to know whats going to happen next! :)

The 4th and 5th books get a little trickier when a few more POV characters are used.  Once you do get into reading the series, it is hard to stop.  Just wish GRRM would hurry up with the next book.  

post #70 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by daerron View Post
I really wonder where season 3 is going to end?

 

I've got no idea. But I get the feeling the last two are going to have some pretty interesting stuff.

post #71 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by proton007 View Post

 

I've got no idea. But I get the feeling the last two are going to have some pretty interesting stuff.

 

If you check out the episode names for the last two episodes, it gives you a good idea on where in the third book they will be finishing the season with if you've read it. 

post #72 of 110

Ah, that would make a lot more sense, I didn't realize it was planned to be two seasons.

post #73 of 110

this season is the best so far.... it is slower than the first two and the drama has more room to breathe rather than congested in only 10 episodes... turning the 3rd book in two seasons was their best idea... it is still an overrated show...

post #74 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4mm3r 0f th0r View Post

this season is the best so far.... it is slower than the first two and the drama has more room to breathe rather than congested in only 10 episodes... turning the 3rd book in two seasons was their best idea... it is still an overrated show...

 

I wouldn't call it over rated. Its different than any other show out there, that and the books' popularity trickles down to the show.

post #75 of 110

The Rains of Castamere = eek.gif... this season is now awesome and im very surprised and delighted that this wasnt the season finale

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Who here watches Game of Thrones ?