I had purchased the PFE232 because I thought their v-shaped signature would be fun and energetic. I was wrong because their mids were too recessed for me and I wasn't impressed, they definitely weren't fun for me. After returning them, I tried looking for a mid-centric model here at head-fi, but I listen to a lot of rock and metal, and many mid-centric IEMs lack enough energy for these genres. So my question is, which IEM here is balanced, but fun/energetic? I want the mids to be present because I listen to vocal oriented music and I'm sensitive to mid recession. I don't care how much bass and treble there is as long as it fits my criteria of balanced but energetic. From what I read, the UE900 and the Heir 4.Ai might fit my criteria. Also, I want the IEM to isolate well.
- productAudio Technica ATH-CK100PRO In-ear headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productGrado GR10 In-ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productLogitech UE 900tagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productSoundmagic Pl30 In-ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productWestone UM3xtagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- IEM for hans zimmer Last post on 9/17/13 at 4:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best iems for under 450$ ? Last post on 3/1/13 at 10:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Vs UM3X Vs UE 900 Last post on 4/24/13 at 9:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SE420 vs Westone 4 or other higher end IEM's Last post on 11/7/12 at 1:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
IEM that is balanced but fun?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Sony EX1000 are balanced yet fun to listen because it's dynamic sounding with rich details showing in mids ,highs, good punchy bass and wide soundstage. The others IEMs which are balanced yet fun sounding are like UE TF10Pro, JVC FX700, SM3, Westone 3 and UM3x. BTW CK100Pro willbe good match too for these genres music and it offers very detailed soundquality.
The bass doesn't drop completely. It does get close to neutral though.
- IEM that is balanced but fun?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 10 seconds ago
- › sennheiser ie800 21 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 24 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 52 seconds ago
- › FS: Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › Magnetic fields influence the brain 4 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet 9/20/14 5 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 5 minutes ago
- › Civilian 6n2+fu32 tube headphone amp 5 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)