I had purchased the PFE232 because I thought their v-shaped signature would be fun and energetic. I was wrong because their mids were too recessed for me and I wasn't impressed, they definitely weren't fun for me. After returning them, I tried looking for a mid-centric model here at head-fi, but I listen to a lot of rock and metal, and many mid-centric IEMs lack enough energy for these genres. So my question is, which IEM here is balanced, but fun/energetic? I want the mids to be present because I listen to vocal oriented music and I'm sensitive to mid recession. I don't care how much bass and treble there is as long as it fits my criteria of balanced but energetic. From what I read, the UE900 and the Heir 4.Ai might fit my criteria. Also, I want the IEM to isolate well.
- productAudio Technica ATH-CK100PRO | Triple Balanced Armature Inner Headphone (Japan Import)tagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productGrado GR10 In-ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productLogitech UE 900tagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productSoundmagic Pl30 In-ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productWestone UM3xtagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- IEM for hans zimmer Last post on 9/17/13 at 4:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best iems for under 450$ ? Last post on 3/1/13 at 10:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Vs UM3X Vs UE 900 Last post on 4/24/13 at 9:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SE420 vs Westone 4 or other higher end IEM's Last post on 11/7/12 at 1:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
IEM that is balanced but fun?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Sony EX1000 are balanced yet fun to listen because it's dynamic sounding with rich details showing in mids ,highs, good punchy bass and wide soundstage. The others IEMs which are balanced yet fun sounding are like UE TF10Pro, JVC FX700, SM3, Westone 3 and UM3x. BTW CK100Pro willbe good match too for these genres music and it offers very detailed soundquality.
The bass doesn't drop completely. It does get close to neutral though.
- IEM that is balanced but fun?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Help with setting up Schiit Vali 28 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 43 seconds ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Stock FW ver 2.1.0 (Latest... 48 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 50 seconds ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation II Review 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › I want to upgrade my Beyerdynamic 990 Pros 250 ohm without having... 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)