I had purchased the PFE232 because I thought their v-shaped signature would be fun and energetic. I was wrong because their mids were too recessed for me and I wasn't impressed, they definitely weren't fun for me. After returning them, I tried looking for a mid-centric model here at head-fi, but I listen to a lot of rock and metal, and many mid-centric IEMs lack enough energy for these genres. So my question is, which IEM here is balanced, but fun/energetic? I want the mids to be present because I listen to vocal oriented music and I'm sensitive to mid recession. I don't care how much bass and treble there is as long as it fits my criteria of balanced but energetic. From what I read, the UE900 and the Heir 4.Ai might fit my criteria. Also, I want the IEM to isolate well.
- productAudio Technica ATH-CK100PRO In-ear headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productGrado GR10 In-ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productLogitech UE 900tagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productSoundmagic Pl30 In-ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productWestone UM3xtagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- IEM for hans zimmer Last post on 9/17/13 at 4:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best iems for under 450$ ? Last post on 3/1/13 at 10:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Vs UM3X Vs UE 900 Last post on 4/24/13 at 9:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SE420 vs Westone 4 or other higher end IEM's Last post on 11/7/12 at 1:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
This is gonna be a simple review BASS For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price. MIDS They are not airy and vocals by...
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
My comprehensive review of the Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones BURN-IN TIME - Took about 3-4 days to burn in so maybe 12 or so hours for me Upon receiving these as a gift for my birthday (so I...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music and sound equipment but I...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
IEM that is balanced but fun?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Sony EX1000 are balanced yet fun to listen because it's dynamic sounding with rich details showing in mids ,highs, good punchy bass and wide soundstage. The others IEMs which are balanced yet fun sounding are like UE TF10Pro, JVC FX700, SM3, Westone 3 and UM3x. BTW CK100Pro willbe good match too for these genres music and it offers very detailed soundquality.
The bass doesn't drop completely. It does get close to neutral though.
- IEM that is balanced but fun?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 21 seconds ago
- › Any recommended headphone stores in Philadelphia/South Jersey? 49 seconds ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Music enthusiast looking for some sense of direction. 2 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 2 minutes ago
- › COMPARISON / REVIEW: A tale of two flagships (part deux) –... 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH... 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Audio-gd NFB-7 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Loquah
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)