I had purchased the PFE232 because I thought their v-shaped signature would be fun and energetic. I was wrong because their mids were too recessed for me and I wasn't impressed, they definitely weren't fun for me. After returning them, I tried looking for a mid-centric model here at head-fi, but I listen to a lot of rock and metal, and many mid-centric IEMs lack enough energy for these genres. So my question is, which IEM here is balanced, but fun/energetic? I want the mids to be present because I listen to vocal oriented music and I'm sensitive to mid recession. I don't care how much bass and treble there is as long as it fits my criteria of balanced but energetic. From what I read, the UE900 and the Heir 4.Ai might fit my criteria. Also, I want the IEM to isolate well.
- productAudio Technica ATH-CK100PRO In-ear headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productGrado GR10 In-ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productLogitech UE 900tagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productSoundmagic Pl30 In-ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productWestone UM3xtagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- IEM for hans zimmer Last post on 9/17/13 at 4:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best iems for under 450$ ? Last post on 3/1/13 at 10:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Vs UM3X Vs UE 900 Last post on 4/24/13 at 9:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SE420 vs Westone 4 or other higher end IEM's Last post on 11/7/12 at 1:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 4/13/15
$250 (got mine 10% off from a promo code on theheadphonelist.com but it was only valid for 2014) - 2 Balanced armature Drivers - 1 Bass Driver - 1 High Frequency Driver - 1 sound bore -...
Intro There are very few headphones which have survived three decades and still remain as the main workhorse for many sound professionals around the world. The Sony MDR-7506 started out as...
This is not a review, just my simple impression of Grado SR80e. I purchased SR80e and listened to them... what a hell is going on...lol..at this price point...sounds great...I am now a fan boy of...
Aune B1 portable headphone amplifier Review [[SPOILER]] Intro: Focusing on achieving high quality sound at a competitive price point while utilizing premium materials and uniquely eye-catching...
Ok i'll just jump straight to the point, should you buy this? Absolutely Not . Here's why; - It's a screen-less shuffle style player, obviously not intended to compete with the screened DAP...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
IEM that is balanced but fun?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Sony EX1000 are balanced yet fun to listen because it's dynamic sounding with rich details showing in mids ,highs, good punchy bass and wide soundstage. The others IEMs which are balanced yet fun sounding are like UE TF10Pro, JVC FX700, SM3, Westone 3 and UM3x. BTW CK100Pro willbe good match too for these genres music and it offers very detailed soundquality.
The bass doesn't drop completely. It does get close to neutral though.
- IEM that is balanced but fun?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 2 minutes ago
- › Straight Dope on Balanced out vs S.E on dac/amp 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › THE ACOUSTIC MUSIC THREAD 5 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 5 minutes ago
- › Football (Soccer) Fans Gather 7 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 7 minutes ago
- › Perfect Seal SportBud Silver by DreamKing
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by RudeWolf
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2