I had purchased the PFE232 because I thought their v-shaped signature would be fun and energetic. I was wrong because their mids were too recessed for me and I wasn't impressed, they definitely weren't fun for me. After returning them, I tried looking for a mid-centric model here at head-fi, but I listen to a lot of rock and metal, and many mid-centric IEMs lack enough energy for these genres. So my question is, which IEM here is balanced, but fun/energetic? I want the mids to be present because I listen to vocal oriented music and I'm sensitive to mid recession. I don't care how much bass and treble there is as long as it fits my criteria of balanced but energetic. From what I read, the UE900 and the Heir 4.Ai might fit my criteria. Also, I want the IEM to isolate well.
- productAudio Technica ATH-CK100PRO In-ear headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productGrado GR10 In-ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productLogitech UE 900tagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productSoundmagic Pl30 In-ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
- productWestone UM3xtagged by jacksonchansf, 4/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- IEM for hans zimmer Last post on 9/17/13 at 4:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best iems for under 450$ ? Last post on 3/1/13 at 10:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Vs UM3X Vs UE 900 Last post on 4/24/13 at 9:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SE420 vs Westone 4 or other higher end IEM's Last post on 11/7/12 at 1:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 4/13/15
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
Exclusive sound, high quality patents "sandwich diaphragm" metal meets the technical.
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
IEM that is balanced but fun?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Sony EX1000 are balanced yet fun to listen because it's dynamic sounding with rich details showing in mids ,highs, good punchy bass and wide soundstage. The others IEMs which are balanced yet fun sounding are like UE TF10Pro, JVC FX700, SM3, Westone 3 and UM3x. BTW CK100Pro willbe good match too for these genres music and it offers very detailed soundquality.
The bass doesn't drop completely. It does get close to neutral though.
- IEM that is balanced but fun?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 7 seconds ago
- › Analogsurviver cage match! 11 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 46 seconds ago
- › Denon AH-GC20 Headphone Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 2 minutes ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 3 minutes ago
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2