or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) - Page 13

post #181 of 3141

I've still not received these so no thoughts to share just yet (the company is investigating as they were apparently dispatched early last week!). I've never listened to the COP but from what I have read the Yamaha will be more neutral, accurate and controlled.

 

GrizzlyBeast did compare them directly in his review with the following comment:

 

Vs. Beyerdynamic COP (yamaha = tighter bass, less bright, less air, fuller/weightier notes, better resolution, better instrument separation)

 

Review here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/yamaha-hph-mt220bl/reviews/9991

 

O.

post #182 of 3141

Surprising. Even less bright than the COP.

 

Man cant decide between these...the COP or a Viso HP 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathway View Post
 

I've still not received these so no thoughts to share just yet (the company is investigating as they were apparently dispatched early last week!). I've never listened to the COP but from what I have read the Yamaha will be more neutral, accurate and controlled.

 

GrizzlyBeast did compare them directly in his review with the following comment:

 

Vs. Beyerdynamic COP (yamaha = tighter bass, less bright, less air, fuller/weightier notes, better resolution, better instrument separation)

 

Review here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/yamaha-hph-mt220bl/reviews/9991

 

O.

post #183 of 3141

skip the COP. the yamaha will destroy the COP. Name an area?

post #184 of 3141
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 

skip the COP. the yamaha will destroy the COP. Name an area?

IS teh yamaha not to dark?


How does it comapre with teh NAD VISO?

post #185 of 3141

I never had a cable like the Yamaha before.Is it heavy? I know its a studio headphone/ COuld it be easy to use outside.

post #186 of 3141
It's not heavy. The one that comes with Sony 7520 is truly heavy.
post #187 of 3141
Quote:
Originally Posted by tan1415 View Post

I never had a cable like the Yamaha before.Is it heavy? I know its a studio headphone/ COuld it be easy to use outside.
The Yamaha isn't dark
post #188 of 3141

If it's not yet sold...

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/709333/fs-yamaha-hph-mt220#post_10379879

 

 

Excellent deal for an excellent phone!

post #189 of 3141
Thks! Sold to a nice gentleman.
post #190 of 3141

Awesome!

 

Rocking mine right now but next week I'll probably go back to the Alpha Dogs for a bit... I haven't been giving them enough love lately.

post #191 of 3141

Still waiting on mine - the original item must have been lost in transit so I have been sent a replacement - expecting delivery tomorrow or Monday - here's hoping they turn up this time :)

 

In the interim I'm still enjoying the K550's so should be in a good position to hear the difference when the MT220s finally turn up.

 

gelocks - out of interest, how to they (the Yamaha) compare to the Alpha Dogs - appreciate they are wildly different in price (and technology) but I've never had a planar HP and the Alpha Dogs appeal on many levels - the 3D printing is pure geek and I love it :)

 

O.

post #192 of 3141
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathway View Post
 

gelocks - out of interest, how to they (the Yamaha) compare to the Alpha Dogs - appreciate they are wildly different in price (and technology) but I've never had a planar HP and the Alpha Dogs appeal on many levels - the 3D printing is pure geek and I love it :)

 

O.

 

Hey.

Well, the ADs are definitely good stuff. Bass is pretty linear, a bit bumped but not like the MT220s which mid-bass is definitely bumped (i.e. the bass quantity and impact is higher on the Yamaha's whether the songs calls for it or not but it doesn't go to extremes to apply bass unnaturally!) The good thing is that AD's linearity continues throughout the mids, forward and natural sounding. I also like the "warmth" the Alpha Dogs have over their signature, especially in the mids as it adds weight and tonally, at least to me, it sounds excellent (better than the Mad Dogs which are even more warmer and slower). The highs are "tamed" a bit better than the Yammies. I have mentioned a few times that the Yamaha's seem to be bumped and if there's a huge deal of sibilance in a song, the Yammies WILL make you aware of this. The ADs don't have this. Comfort goes to the ADs as well, but I'm using Alpha Pads on the MT220s so it increased a bit. ;) Overall compare:

 

Bass quantity: MT220 --> Alpha Dogs
Bass quality: Alpha Dogs --> MT220
Mids presentation: Alpha Dogs --> MT220
Soundstage/imaging: Alpha Dogs --> MT220
Highs: Alpha Dogs --> MT220
Sound Isolation/Leakage: Alpha Dogs --> MT220
Fun Factor: MT220 --> Alpha Dogs
Price: MT220 --> Alpha Dogs

 

:)

post #193 of 3141
[Beaten to the punch.]
post #194 of 3141
Better then Fidelio L2 i really do not believe that at all.....
post #195 of 3141

Not really, Fidelio L2 is still a better headphone than Yamaha overall but it has less of a rumble in the bass which makes the Yamaha more suitable for movies.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged)