- 1,244 Posts. Joined 3/2009
- Location: Born in Romania living in England.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Burnt Hifiman 901 Supplied Charger (Only used indoor less than 10 times) Last post on 12/8/13 at 4:07am in Portable Source Gear
- [SOLD] HiFiMan HM-901 w/ Balanced amp, Standard amp, Dock to mini, Dock to RCA, Pelican 1020... Last post on 12/1/13 at 4:08pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- PLS HELP: AWAK120-B vs HM-901 [BALANCED AMP] Last post on 11/27/13 at 4:11am in Portable Source Gear
- [PLEASE HELP] HM901 + Balanced Amp Card + CIEM + "Rx Mk3-B+"? Last post on 11/21/13 at 6:52pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [PLEASE HELP] HM901 + Balanced Amp Card + CIEM + "Rx Mk3-B+"? Last post on 11/25/13 at 7:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/13/13
160$ - 180$ price range but was lucky enough to buy it from e-bay only 100$ ?!!?
Intro My hifi journey started 2 years ago with a pair of Sennheiser hd598s and an Asus Xonar Essence Stx sound card. A modest entry, but I have spent a lot of money trying to recapture that wow...
Own them for a while now really love them! bought a couple comply foam tips which are more comfortable then the stock ones. the stock ones are decent i liked the triple flang ones but comply foam...
Introducing Brainwavz very uniquely designed dual dynamic IEM Brainwavz R3 (Comply Tips) Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic IEM I've been lucky enough recently to start...
Disclaimers: I'm a consumer, a headphone enthusiast, so I'm not using these for professional use. ... that's it They come in a nice box, really giving them a professional feel. The bag I...
Altmann Tera Player — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion - Page 148
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just sold mine today for precisely what I paid Charles back in April. The sound quality is truly excellent, but you have to be willing to work within the narrow range of headphones and IEMs the T-P is truly compatible with. I'll miss it a bit, but life will go on. Hopefully the next round of top-tier players will be better than the current crop because I've heard everything except the AK120 and none came close to meeting my overall preferred feature-set. Happy to walk away broken even having been able to enjoy it for six months.
Primary factors that triggered my sale were:
- absolute disgust with Charles
- inability to fully utilize the capabilities of my JH 13 Pro (FreqPhase)
- terribly flawed shuffle functionality which severely compromised the usefulness of the 128 GB card I purchased specifically to shuffle
So what's the DAP that you will use after the TP?
Guys check it out.
The London Head-Fi meet video is up. I can see my Tera Player in there...The only once in the building.
Thank you all and looking forward to the next meeting.
Levi Aka Musicday
I would have a look but it will only make me sad that I didn't go
I could have gone but it's a lot of money to spend (train plus hotel) when you're not looking for new gear, so I resisted. Seems strange saying that having thought the same before the April meet but nothing I heard there (that I can expect to afford anytime soon) offered a significant improvement over my Tera-Tzar combo, and whether due to equipment or mental burn in what I have sounds better now than it did back then. Seems I have found the elusive cure for upgraditis!
I reliased if copy WAV of a original CD is done properly then the sound of Tera Player is even more impressive.
I am using the Korta Koss Pro and soon I will be getting the Yuin PK1, can't wait..
Ummm.....how do you possibly play anything other than WAV on your Tera????
What else can one ask for?
I guess you rip the CD to mp3 (or whatever) then convert it to wav, which of course does not restore what was lost to compression.
As a huge fan of the Tera Player (TP) and ATH-ESW9 I'd settled on this combination for general listening, as the pairs sonic synergy and portability are excellent. However, a newcomer has dethroned my beloved ATH-ESW9 and replaced them. Enter usurper - the Philips Fidelio L2. These cans sound great, with a beguilingly natural presentation that enhances the TP's analogue attributes and cossets the listener in audio nirvana.
Audition the Philips Fidelio L2 because you're worth it and because the cans subtle orange accents match the TP's coloration.
Edited by smial1966 - 11/2/13 at 4:34am
While away from home, I spend far more time listening to podcasts than music so my iPhone will be primary. When I want to listen to music, I'll hook-up the iPhone to my Centrance HiFi M8. Though far less portable than the T-P, it's capable of pairing with nearly every set of headphones out there and serves as a near desktop-quality unit for home listening.
- Altmann Tera Player — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 6 seconds ago
- › measurements are models 32 seconds ago
- › Help Recommend a Set of Closed Circumaural Headphones! 3 minutes ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › December 2013 Mid-Level DAC Comparison 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 7 minutes ago
- › Grado RS-1i 7 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital