I could not find a thread that clarified what separates the different product lines from Ultrasone. Mainly the HFi vs Pro. Anyone know?
Related Forum Threads
- Going from 3.5mm to 1/4 amp Last post on 5/27/14 at 7:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphones under $200? Last post on 10/1/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best PC Headset Gaming and Music Last post on 9/17/13 at 6:22pm in Computer Audio
- Best Open Over-Ear Headphones Under $300? Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Noobie needing some experienced advice Last post on 4/15/13 at 4:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
I was invited by Noontec to write a honest review of their Hammo S headphone. I tend to be very skeptical about lower-priced headphones, since the bottom tier of headphones/speakers tend to...
RHA T20 Review Tour Many thanks to RHA and forum member Rearwing for arranging the tour and the generosity of a 10-day listening period (my suspicion though is to pass some thanks to reviewer...
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
Differences between Ultrasone Pro and HFi lines? + Gaming headphone requests.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not sure about the Ultrasone but I like HD439 for gaming XD It have what is needed for gaming although I don't game much XD
Hope this help!
The soundstage is surprisingly wide for closed! Bass are pretty strong and tight. Even better controlled if you can pair it with a better amp. A very cheap amp will do. Not sure about the HD558, but the HD518 produces more bass but less tight also a lot of sibilants to me. HD598 on the other hand lacks bass for basshead, forward mids.
Hope this help!
Thanks for the info. I am still interested in the Ultrasone brand and was hoping that someone might know the differences between the Pro and HFI lines. I am very interested in t S-logic surround sound design...as I want something with the bass of a closed headphone, yet interested in a good sound stage and imagery. That is what attracted me to the Ultrasone brand as they claim both of those characteristics.
So far, I have found that the HFI is targeted for the average listener, and the Pro line is targeted for Pro's...(makes sense), but what exactly does that mean? They seem to all have similar specs and the S-logic surround sound design. But I am failing to find any differences other than the name, price, and small cosmetic differences. Nothing on sound quality.
I am assuming that the Pros are technically better, but would love it if someone that has owned or heard both lines could can tell me why I should pay more for the Pro line.
Here is some info about some Ultrasone line differences. LazBro 123 replied to me in a different thread and thought I would quote him on this thread, as it gave me some answers. He starts off by informing me about his experience with PRO 900.
LazBro 123 quote:
"I have used my 900 for gaming. It's really good for that purpose. Great imaging. Great soundstage, sounds pretty open to me. Your sound card will drive them fine. I got a nice HifiMan EF2A Tube Amp/DAC for my PRO 900, and they really, really benefit from it. Sound is much warmer, and the bass is even tighter, deeper and gains impact, mids are brought out a bit, and the highs are smoother. They even sound fine straight out of a computer or out of an iPod, it's just you're not getting their full potential. If you're a basshead (like me), the PRO 900 are definitely worth the money. I also have an HFI 580, and the PRO 900 is a HUGE step up. The 580 sounds tinny in comparison, less bass and not as defined, harsh upper mids (lower mids are their strong point), and unbearable highs. Less detail as well, and sounds artificial (colored). The DJ1 is an HFI 580 (A bit louder because of the 101 db vs 104 db sensitivity, but the exact same headphone), and the DJ1 PRO is a PRO 550 (Exact same headphone, no technical differences). If you can get the PRO 900, don't even think about the HFI or DJ models.
Just to clarify, the PRO 900 has the most bass I have ever heard in a closed headphone, without bleeding into the other frequencies. and still retaining a great amount of detail overall."
Edited by Povell42 - 4/2/13 at 4:10am
- Differences between Ultrasone Pro and HFi lines? + Gaming headphone requests.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Looking to buy a new pair or earbuds. What brand/model should I get? 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › How come treble peaks are well above the frequency range of most... 6 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 7 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 10 minutes ago
- › The Tera player Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › RHA T20 by LFC_SL
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)