I could not find a thread that clarified what separates the different product lines from Ultrasone. Mainly the HFi vs Pro. Anyone know?
Related Forum Threads
- Going from 3.5mm to 1/4 amp Last post on 5/27/14 at 7:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphones under $200? Last post on 10/1/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best PC Headset Gaming and Music Last post on 9/17/13 at 6:22pm in Computer Audio
- Best Open Over-Ear Headphones Under $300? Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Noobie needing some experienced advice Last post on 4/15/13 at 4:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/770243/soundmagic-e50-e50s-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A middy...
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
Differences between Ultrasone Pro and HFi lines? + Gaming headphone requests.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not sure about the Ultrasone but I like HD439 for gaming XD It have what is needed for gaming although I don't game much XD
Hope this help!
The soundstage is surprisingly wide for closed! Bass are pretty strong and tight. Even better controlled if you can pair it with a better amp. A very cheap amp will do. Not sure about the HD558, but the HD518 produces more bass but less tight also a lot of sibilants to me. HD598 on the other hand lacks bass for basshead, forward mids.
Hope this help!
Thanks for the info. I am still interested in the Ultrasone brand and was hoping that someone might know the differences between the Pro and HFI lines. I am very interested in t S-logic surround sound design...as I want something with the bass of a closed headphone, yet interested in a good sound stage and imagery. That is what attracted me to the Ultrasone brand as they claim both of those characteristics.
So far, I have found that the HFI is targeted for the average listener, and the Pro line is targeted for Pro's...(makes sense), but what exactly does that mean? They seem to all have similar specs and the S-logic surround sound design. But I am failing to find any differences other than the name, price, and small cosmetic differences. Nothing on sound quality.
I am assuming that the Pros are technically better, but would love it if someone that has owned or heard both lines could can tell me why I should pay more for the Pro line.
Here is some info about some Ultrasone line differences. LazBro 123 replied to me in a different thread and thought I would quote him on this thread, as it gave me some answers. He starts off by informing me about his experience with PRO 900.
LazBro 123 quote:
"I have used my 900 for gaming. It's really good for that purpose. Great imaging. Great soundstage, sounds pretty open to me. Your sound card will drive them fine. I got a nice HifiMan EF2A Tube Amp/DAC for my PRO 900, and they really, really benefit from it. Sound is much warmer, and the bass is even tighter, deeper and gains impact, mids are brought out a bit, and the highs are smoother. They even sound fine straight out of a computer or out of an iPod, it's just you're not getting their full potential. If you're a basshead (like me), the PRO 900 are definitely worth the money. I also have an HFI 580, and the PRO 900 is a HUGE step up. The 580 sounds tinny in comparison, less bass and not as defined, harsh upper mids (lower mids are their strong point), and unbearable highs. Less detail as well, and sounds artificial (colored). The DJ1 is an HFI 580 (A bit louder because of the 101 db vs 104 db sensitivity, but the exact same headphone), and the DJ1 PRO is a PRO 550 (Exact same headphone, no technical differences). If you can get the PRO 900, don't even think about the HFI or DJ models.
Just to clarify, the PRO 900 has the most bass I have ever heard in a closed headphone, without bleeding into the other frequencies. and still retaining a great amount of detail overall."
Edited by Povell42 - 4/2/13 at 4:10am
- Differences between Ultrasone Pro and HFi lines? + Gaming headphone requests.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › "The Lab" just now
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 16 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 40 seconds ago
- › Calyx PaT - The $99 Pocket Sized DAC/Amp for iOS, Android and... 49 seconds ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 49 seconds ago
- › Sony SR-64HXA LOW-ELECTRONIC-NOISE MicroSD card for HQ Audio Players 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › 500$ Desktop setup for gamer/bass lover 2 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2