I could not find a thread that clarified what separates the different product lines from Ultrasone. Mainly the HFi vs Pro. Anyone know?
Related Forum Threads
- Going from 3.5mm to 1/4 amp Last post on 5/27/14 at 7:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphones under $200? Last post on 10/1/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best PC Headset Gaming and Music Last post on 9/17/13 at 6:22pm in Computer Audio
- Best Open Over-Ear Headphones Under $300? Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Noobie needing some experienced advice Last post on 4/15/13 at 4:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus Review Hello, my name is Oscar and this is my review of the Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus. Creative sent these to me as part of a tour and I did not pay for...
I owned two PA2V2 and while it's good value amp, it had far too many flaws to my liking. Gary however provided excellent customer support throughout the whole time. Ended up with O2 and I'm...
I've done a lot of A-B comparing and the Schiit Wyrd absolutely improves my sound quality. Without it, the music sounds more distant, less expansive, less clear and also a bit softer volume. A...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
Differences between Ultrasone Pro and HFi lines? + Gaming headphone requests.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not sure about the Ultrasone but I like HD439 for gaming XD It have what is needed for gaming although I don't game much XD
Hope this help!
The soundstage is surprisingly wide for closed! Bass are pretty strong and tight. Even better controlled if you can pair it with a better amp. A very cheap amp will do. Not sure about the HD558, but the HD518 produces more bass but less tight also a lot of sibilants to me. HD598 on the other hand lacks bass for basshead, forward mids.
Hope this help!
Thanks for the info. I am still interested in the Ultrasone brand and was hoping that someone might know the differences between the Pro and HFI lines. I am very interested in t S-logic surround sound design...as I want something with the bass of a closed headphone, yet interested in a good sound stage and imagery. That is what attracted me to the Ultrasone brand as they claim both of those characteristics.
So far, I have found that the HFI is targeted for the average listener, and the Pro line is targeted for Pro's...(makes sense), but what exactly does that mean? They seem to all have similar specs and the S-logic surround sound design. But I am failing to find any differences other than the name, price, and small cosmetic differences. Nothing on sound quality.
I am assuming that the Pros are technically better, but would love it if someone that has owned or heard both lines could can tell me why I should pay more for the Pro line.
Here is some info about some Ultrasone line differences. LazBro 123 replied to me in a different thread and thought I would quote him on this thread, as it gave me some answers. He starts off by informing me about his experience with PRO 900.
LazBro 123 quote:
"I have used my 900 for gaming. It's really good for that purpose. Great imaging. Great soundstage, sounds pretty open to me. Your sound card will drive them fine. I got a nice HifiMan EF2A Tube Amp/DAC for my PRO 900, and they really, really benefit from it. Sound is much warmer, and the bass is even tighter, deeper and gains impact, mids are brought out a bit, and the highs are smoother. They even sound fine straight out of a computer or out of an iPod, it's just you're not getting their full potential. If you're a basshead (like me), the PRO 900 are definitely worth the money. I also have an HFI 580, and the PRO 900 is a HUGE step up. The 580 sounds tinny in comparison, less bass and not as defined, harsh upper mids (lower mids are their strong point), and unbearable highs. Less detail as well, and sounds artificial (colored). The DJ1 is an HFI 580 (A bit louder because of the 101 db vs 104 db sensitivity, but the exact same headphone), and the DJ1 PRO is a PRO 550 (Exact same headphone, no technical differences). If you can get the PRO 900, don't even think about the HFI or DJ models.
Just to clarify, the PRO 900 has the most bass I have ever heard in a closed headphone, without bleeding into the other frequencies. and still retaining a great amount of detail overall."
Edited by Povell42 - 4/2/13 at 4:10am
- Differences between Ultrasone Pro and HFi lines? + Gaming headphone requests.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Three Word Story 20 seconds ago
- › Theft of Orpheus at IFA 2015 49 seconds ago
- › Boston Meet? 58 seconds ago
- › Sony XBA-A2 need help/opinion 1 minute ago
- › Twister6 Audio REVIEW index - the past, the present, and the future 1 minute ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 1 minute ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2