Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears V6 Six Driver Custom IEMtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productUltimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitorstagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productUnique Melody Miracletagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productWestone ES 5tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
Related Forum Threads
- Custom with ER4 treble and a little more bass? Last post on 4/7/13 at 8:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggested upgrade from PFE 232 Last post on 11/22/13 at 1:06am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help a heartbroken man in toronto decide for his first CIEM Last post on 4/23/13 at 11:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ES5 vs. UE reference vs. JH vs. any other Last post on 1/11/13 at 3:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Negative Aspects of Top CIEMs - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Most of what our bodies create is done for a reason. In most cases the ear is self-cleaning; the only time I've cleaned my ears is before getting my impressions made by an audiologist (who then warned me to not to do it often).
The last time when I go to doctor to clean my earwax was last year before I made my impression for my first CIEM (Westone ES5). This year, I would like to make FitEar MH335DW and I went to doctor and ask for cleaning the earwax again. The doctor checked both of my ears are clean without earwax, he also did some simple hearing tests with me, and told me there is no need to clean them again. So I guess from doctor's perspective, there is no need to clean the earwax unless they are really affecting your hearing.
P.S. I just use wet towel to clean my ears (just wash the part at the entrance of the ear holes)
On this topic, and this is my opinion strictly, if I have to to find aspects that SOME people may feel are disadvantages:
The Miracles are a bit thin sounding in the mids. I often like this because it makes them airier but people who like more engaging mids will not. Compared to the SE5 I also sometimes feel they lack note weight.
The SE5 are rather intimate soundind with soundstage on the narrow side, but quite deep. They take a bit longer thamln acrylic ciems to put in and pull out. On the upside they are more comfortable.
I basically hate the fit of CIEMs.
Also, my UM Miracle was quite a bit less bright than I was expecting from the reviews. Not sure whether there was a revision or not since older ones seem to be brighter.
I just had impressions taken. I'm feeling anxious because my ear canals are very narrow and may be a problem for fit. I am ordering 1964 V6-Stage. Should I be concerned?
- Negative Aspects of Top CIEMs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 second ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 22 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 36 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 47 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 50 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 3 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)