Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears V6 Six Driver Custom IEMtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productUltimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitorstagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productUnique Melody Miracletagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productWestone ES 5tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
Related Forum Threads
- Custom with ER4 treble and a little more bass? Last post on 4/7/13 at 8:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggested upgrade from PFE 232 Last post on 11/22/13 at 1:06am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help a heartbroken man in toronto decide for his first CIEM Last post on 4/23/13 at 11:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ES5 vs. UE reference vs. JH vs. any other Last post on 1/11/13 at 3:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Negative Aspects of Top CIEMs - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Most of what our bodies create is done for a reason. In most cases the ear is self-cleaning; the only time I've cleaned my ears is before getting my impressions made by an audiologist (who then warned me to not to do it often).
The last time when I go to doctor to clean my earwax was last year before I made my impression for my first CIEM (Westone ES5). This year, I would like to make FitEar MH335DW and I went to doctor and ask for cleaning the earwax again. The doctor checked both of my ears are clean without earwax, he also did some simple hearing tests with me, and told me there is no need to clean them again. So I guess from doctor's perspective, there is no need to clean the earwax unless they are really affecting your hearing.
P.S. I just use wet towel to clean my ears (just wash the part at the entrance of the ear holes)
On this topic, and this is my opinion strictly, if I have to to find aspects that SOME people may feel are disadvantages:
The Miracles are a bit thin sounding in the mids. I often like this because it makes them airier but people who like more engaging mids will not. Compared to the SE5 I also sometimes feel they lack note weight.
The SE5 are rather intimate soundind with soundstage on the narrow side, but quite deep. They take a bit longer thamln acrylic ciems to put in and pull out. On the upside they are more comfortable.
I basically hate the fit of CIEMs.
Also, my UM Miracle was quite a bit less bright than I was expecting from the reviews. Not sure whether there was a revision or not since older ones seem to be brighter.
I just had impressions taken. I'm feeling anxious because my ear canals are very narrow and may be a problem for fit. I am ordering 1964 V6-Stage. Should I be concerned?
- Negative Aspects of Top CIEMs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 25 seconds ago
- › fiio x5 e12 combo 51 seconds ago
- › The Nickerfied Fostex T50RP...................... Impressions/... 52 seconds ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 201: Moving on up 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)