Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears V6 Six Driver Custom IEMtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productUltimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitorstagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productUnique Melody Miracletagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productWestone ES 5tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
Related Forum Threads
- Custom with ER4 treble and a little more bass? Last post on 4/7/13 at 8:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggested upgrade from PFE 232 Last post on 11/22/13 at 1:06am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help a heartbroken man in toronto decide for his first CIEM Last post on 4/23/13 at 11:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ES5 vs. UE reference vs. JH vs. any other Last post on 1/11/13 at 3:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
Negative Aspects of Top CIEMs - Page 6post #76 of 1068/29/13 at 11:24pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 1068/30/13 at 12:30ampost #78 of 1068/30/13 at 12:46amQuote:
Most of what our bodies create is done for a reason. In most cases the ear is self-cleaning; the only time I've cleaned my ears is before getting my impressions made by an audiologist (who then warned me to not to do it often).post #79 of 1068/30/13 at 12:59am
The last time when I go to doctor to clean my earwax was last year before I made my impression for my first CIEM (Westone ES5). This year, I would like to make FitEar MH335DW and I went to doctor and ask for cleaning the earwax again. The doctor checked both of my ears are clean without earwax, he also did some simple hearing tests with me, and told me there is no need to clean them again. So I guess from doctor's perspective, there is no need to clean the earwax unless they are really affecting your hearing.
P.S. I just use wet towel to clean my ears (just wash the part at the entrance of the ear holes)post #80 of 1068/30/13 at 1:59ampost #81 of 1068/30/13 at 4:06amFairly good idea. My humble opinion is that people should just give opinions on customs they own or owned, not demoed or heard of.
On this topic, and this is my opinion strictly, if I have to to find aspects that SOME people may feel are disadvantages:
The Miracles are a bit thin sounding in the mids. I often like this because it makes them airier but people who like more engaging mids will not. Compared to the SE5 I also sometimes feel they lack note weight.
The SE5 are rather intimate soundind with soundstage on the narrow side, but quite deep. They take a bit longer thamln acrylic ciems to put in and pull out. On the upside they are more comfortable.post #82 of 1068/30/13 at 4:11am
I basically hate the fit of CIEMs.
Also, my UM Miracle was quite a bit less bright than I was expecting from the reviews. Not sure whether there was a revision or not since older ones seem to be brighter.post #83 of 1068/30/13 at 5:58ampost #84 of 1068/30/13 at 7:14amThread Starterpost #85 of 1068/30/13 at 2:41pmpost #86 of 1068/31/13 at 9:47ampost #87 of 1068/31/13 at 2:32pmpost #88 of 1068/31/13 at 9:15pmpost #89 of 1068/31/13 at 9:33pmpost #90 of 1069/2/13 at 5:48pm
I just had impressions taken. I'm feeling anxious because my ear canals are very narrow and may be a problem for fit. I am ordering 1964 V6-Stage. Should I be concerned?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Negative Aspects of Top CIEMs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Audeze LCD-X 6 seconds ago
- › Jazz Recommendations from this Century 51 seconds ago
- › Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Tube Change/Biasing a Stax 006t II 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 3 minutes ago
- › Help the Newbie pick some Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › LCD-2 vs Grado RS2i 5 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude