I've been looking for headphones lately I would like some nice quality headphones that are good all around and my head is medium to big i guess but anyways i want them in the price range of 100$ to 250$ so if anyone has any suggestions please list them, thanks
- productAKG K 550tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Pro Blacktagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best mids over-the-ear open headphone for less than USD 300? Last post on 12/8/12 at 8:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Somewhat amazing headphones for $200 for a headphone noob Last post on 3/15/13 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choosing Last post on 12/1/13 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bought AKG K550s, Top of my head hurts like hell. Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best-than beats mixr at less price, and equal passive isolation Last post on 2/13/13 at 11:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/14/14
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
Help Don't have any idea what heaphone's to get
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 123/29/13 at 8:52pmpost #3 of 123/29/13 at 9:00pmpost #4 of 123/29/13 at 9:19pmThread Starterpost #5 of 123/29/13 at 9:38pmThread Starterpost #6 of 123/29/13 at 9:51pmpost #7 of 123/29/13 at 10:36pm
Lets see, I'll give you some options both new and refurbished.
JVC HA-S500 $40 plus international shipping. Should all come in around $60-75
Great great bass very energetic and will shock the hell out of you when you hear them for the first time. You will not find a more "fun" headphone for the money.
HD 25 Amperiors: $167 on VMinnovations,com
You can get them refurbished for a great price right now on Vminnovations.com for only $167. They look fantastic and will serve you well for the type of music you listen to. Bass wont be to boomy but it will be tight and fast so it'll be very easy to like. Plus no amp will be needed to run them but won't hurt if you decided to get one later down the road.
Great detail and better bass than the k702. Tons of great information on these all over head-fi.
That's enough for now
Thanks,post #8 of 123/30/13 at 1:58amQuote:
What do you mean by better bass? I think the K70X has to me a better and more deep bass response than the Q701s. However I believe that the Q701 has more bass than the K70X/post #9 of 123/30/13 at 6:42pmThread Starterpost #10 of 123/30/13 at 6:48pm
The COP. Oh. They have the MDR-1R's on amazon for the 210-250 price range atm.
And to the top right where it lists the price and check out, click "see all buying options" to see all the stores they have.
Your ears might be big, so I'd check the MDR-1R thread since it has some pictures with measurements.post #11 of 123/31/13 at 2:23amQuote:
You saying both the k701 & k702 have better bass than the q701's?
I haven't heard them all but was always under the impression that it went in regards to bass response and impact.
K701post #12 of 123/31/13 at 3:18amQuote:
The COP to me would be one of the best options for you in the price range. I would also look into dt990 pro.Quote:
The AKG K701/702 has a very large sound stage so people always say it has no bass because its harder to hear. However they actually have a strong and deep bass response. That doesn't really roll off so it doesn't lake bass its just about a mile away, unless you amp it right. To me the Q701 has a smaller sound stage which allows the bass to be more "hear-able".
Edited by shiorisekine - 3/31/13 at 3:22am
- Help Don't have any idea what heaphone's to get
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Grado Fan Club! 32 seconds ago
- › Birthday gift for my BF: headphones for studying 55 seconds ago
- › OPPO PM-2 Is Available - Post Your Impressions Here 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Metrum Acoustics HEX (USB)- DAC (BLACK) 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet? 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT1350 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)