I've been looking for headphones lately I would like some nice quality headphones that are good all around and my head is medium to big i guess but anyways i want them in the price range of 100$ to 250$ so if anyone has any suggestions please list them, thanks
- productAKG K 550tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best mids over-the-ear open headphone for less than USD 300? Last post on 12/8/12 at 8:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Somewhat amazing headphones for $200 for a headphone noob Last post on 3/15/13 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choosing Last post on 12/1/13 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bought AKG K550s, Top of my head hurts like hell. Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
Photo courtesy of Onsong Audio INTRODUCTION I recently tested out two battery-powered DAC/Amp solutions for getting better audio out of my iPhone, the Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3. When I...
PIONEER HRM-7 REVIEW The Pioneer HRM-7 is what seems to be Pioneers first entry into the professional studio realm. Previously Pioneer has been very involved in providing almost everything a DJ...
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
Help Don't have any idea what heaphone's to get
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Lets see, I'll give you some options both new and refurbished.
JVC HA-S500 $40 plus international shipping. Should all come in around $60-75
Great great bass very energetic and will shock the hell out of you when you hear them for the first time. You will not find a more "fun" headphone for the money.
HD 25 Amperiors: $167 on VMinnovations,com
You can get them refurbished for a great price right now on Vminnovations.com for only $167. They look fantastic and will serve you well for the type of music you listen to. Bass wont be to boomy but it will be tight and fast so it'll be very easy to like. Plus no amp will be needed to run them but won't hurt if you decided to get one later down the road.
Great detail and better bass than the k702. Tons of great information on these all over head-fi.
That's enough for now
What do you mean by better bass? I think the K70X has to me a better and more deep bass response than the Q701s. However I believe that the Q701 has more bass than the K70X/
The COP. Oh. They have the MDR-1R's on amazon for the 210-250 price range atm.
And to the top right where it lists the price and check out, click "see all buying options" to see all the stores they have.
Your ears might be big, so I'd check the MDR-1R thread since it has some pictures with measurements.
You saying both the k701 & k702 have better bass than the q701's?
I haven't heard them all but was always under the impression that it went in regards to bass response and impact.
The COP to me would be one of the best options for you in the price range. I would also look into dt990 pro.
The AKG K701/702 has a very large sound stage so people always say it has no bass because its harder to hear. However they actually have a strong and deep bass response. That doesn't really roll off so it doesn't lake bass its just about a mile away, unless you amp it right. To me the Q701 has a smaller sound stage which allows the bass to be more "hear-able".
Edited by shiorisekine - 3/31/13 at 3:22am
- Help Don't have any idea what heaphone's to get
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Aftermarket IEM Cable List (Now more Visually Stimulating) 12 seconds ago
- › Questyle QP1 27 seconds ago
- › SOLD! Fischer Audio FA-003 3 minutes ago
- › Is it worth to buy a portable DAP aside from a Smartphone? 4 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S500 thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 5 minutes ago
- › Question about Sennheiser Warranty 6 minutes ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 7 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 8 minutes ago
- › HD800 Stock Cable 8 minutes ago
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2