- 4 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Beginner looking for amp/DAC advice Last post on 2/13/15 at 11:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Which ATH M50 to get ? Last post on 12/26/14 at 1:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- asus b85m-g .. audio technica ath-m50 Last post on 5/29/14 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ear Fatigue After EQing (ATH-M50) Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
Help with a portable amp for some ath-m50's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
there have been a few user reports also that amping the M50 doesn't make all that much of a difference, something to search for. Should be a few posts like that in the BH thread if i recall correctly, though i may be mistaken.
I may have missed that. From all that I've read, they do tend to gain. "Bass gets tighter" and "opens up the cans" are a couple of descriptions I remember reading with regard to amping the M50.
I had not heard of it either until H2O started his "C&C gospel" thread.
I've been using the alo rx mk2 with them and they did improve the bass and they feel more "open" i guess you can say. Might have went overkill for m50's but bought it for later upgrades. I have heard the c&c works good for the m50's (not personal experience just through a thread) and as may point out the use of a fiio e11 or e17 do just fine (again through posts, no personal experience)
- Help with a portable amp for some ath-m50's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iDAC2 launching with a bang! Competition with MEGA goodies. Gotta... 1 second ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 1 minute ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 4 minutes ago
- › New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed. 4 minutes ago
- › Seattle Secret meet 5/31/2015 6 minutes ago
- › Baldoor E100 - What am I doing wrong? 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Grado 325i Owners Club. 7 minutes ago
- › TEAC HA-501 Headphone Amp 8 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 9 minutes ago
- › Fresh From The Oven: iBasso P5 "Falcon" 9 minutes ago
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › PreSonus HD7 Professional Monitoring Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Phiaton PS 210 BTNC Bluetooth 3.0 Active Noise Cancelling Stereo... by audionut44
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by RedTwilight
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by AvidlyEclectic
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)