Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Pineapple Hate Club (TPHC)!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Pineapple Hate Club (TPHC)! - Page 7

post #91 of 649
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

eek.gif  No, Maker's Mark should be enjoyed without a mixer....but at your age, I guess I can see why you'd want a mixer....lol.

 

Marker's Mark on the rocks is one of my guilty pleasures when I'm not drinking scotch (with a drop of water).

 

I have those spherical ice molds so the ice melts more slowly in the glass, and I love how the taste changes ever so slightly with each second that passes, it's perfect for a hot day.

 

A bottle costs $43 now over here (used to be $36 a year ago), which is creeping into single malt territory...

post #92 of 649

 

 

 

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

 

 

 

 

 

 

`%x

 

Pineapples - What's not to like..???????????????

post #93 of 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post


Here are some some quotes of people who despise the Pineapple on this very forum:
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

While TwinQY wrestles with Pineapple addiction, 'Silent One' would rather go with bananas... wink.gif


LL
 

 

Now hold on there, Cowboy! I do not despise Pineapple. And still looking to have some Pineapple Upside down cake wink.gif this holiday weekend.  However, forced to choose between the two and I would go bananas.tongue_smile.gif

 

Hope this helps! 

post #94 of 649

It goes without saying Scotch has to be drank straight. I posted a mix because I thought

*

post #95 of 649

I heard eating Pineapples really brings out the midrange in your music tongue.gif

post #96 of 649

this thread is seriously bizarre...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

It goes without saying Scotch has to be drank straight


pineapples only taste good if their canned pineapples, and are served on top of cream cake. 

 

scotch is lovely with coca cola. i would rather bite my fingers off than mix a single malt with anything. but regular scotch?

my theory is this: if its "bad" enough to down in a shot, its bad enough to mix with other drinks. you wouldnt take a shot of glenlivet would you? so no mixing it. black label on the other hand, why not?


Edited by adamlr - 3/30/13 at 6:27am
post #97 of 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlr View Post

this thread is seriously bizarre...


pineapples only taste good if their canned pineapples, and are served on top of cream cake. 

 

scotch is lovely with coca cola. i would rather bite my fingers off than mix a single molt with anything. but regular scotch?

my theory is this: if its "bad" enough to down in a shot, its bad enough to mix with other drinks. you wouldnt take a shot of glenlivet would you? so no mixing it. black label on the other hand, why not?

Black Label or Double Black has been great this year with friends at the beach. Still though it's nice with no mixer unless you get too buzzed. I agree it's better with mixer on that rare moment that you have too much. Chivas Regal? Straight. Chivas Regal 25 year?Straight!

post #98 of 649

Red Ned,

 

Plonk

 

Moonshine.

 

Rotgut

 

Platinum Label JW

 

 

 

 

All taste better with pineapple juice.

post #99 of 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

Black Label or Double Black has been great this year with friends at the beach. Still though it's nice with no mixer unless you get too buzzed. I agree it's better with mixer on that rare moment that you have too much. Chivas Regal? Straight. Chivas Regal 25 year?Straight!


too buzzed doesnt enter into it i dont think... thats just drinking habits vs. the amount you had to drink in that session. chivas isnt a single malt i dont think... 

still, my "rule of thumb", though i dont actually, actively enforce it, it comes pretty naturally: would i down a shot? yes - then i can put it in some coca cola. no - too good for downing, id rather take my time and enjoy it - no coca cola, just booze.

 

this conversation made me realize that if i ever mix drinks (which is rare as i usually stick with beer / shots of cheap whiskey) its always with cola... maybe its cause i never drink any strong alcohol (ie. not beer) except whiskey... 

post #100 of 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlr View Post


too buzzed doesnt enter into it i dont think... thats just drinking habits vs. the amount you had to drink in that session. chivas isnt a single malt i dont think... 

still, my "rule of thumb", though i dont actually, actively enforce it, it comes pretty naturally: would i down a shot? yes - then i can put it in some coca cola. no - too good for downing, id rather take my time and enjoy it - no coca cola, just booze.

 

this conversation made me realize that if i ever mix drinks (which is rare as i usually stick with beer / shots of cheap whiskey) its always with cola... maybe its cause i never drink any strong alcohol (ie. not beer) except whiskey... 


For me I like to drink it straight, but a friend reminded me, if I start to get drunk not to drink it straight. That's about once a year for me. I really enjoy maybe a single 2 oz of scotch at the beach. Just a little piece of paradise for me and my buds! My days of getting crazy are long behind me!

 

 

I took this picture after about two drinks.........Ha.......... that's how I felt.


Edited by Redcarmoose - 3/30/13 at 7:23am
post #101 of 649

why does it matter if you mix it or not? the same amount of alcohol goes in doesnt it? in fact, i remember someone once told me that if you mix with fizzy drinks, you get MORE drunk because of the bubbles. though i admit, i was dubious even then

post #102 of 649
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlr View Post

why does it matter if you mix it or not? the same amount of alcohol goes in doesnt it? in fact, i remember someone once told me that if you mix with fizzy drinks, you get MORE drunk because of the bubbles. though i admit, i was dubious even then
It's stronger... Try a shot of tequila and then mix some with some coke... Big difference.
post #103 of 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlr View Post

why does it matter if you mix it or not? the same amount of alcohol goes in doesnt it? in fact, i remember someone once told me that if you mix with fizzy drinks, you get MORE drunk because of the bubbles. though i admit, i was dubious even then

 

 

I have just noticed from experience that somehow both my buddy and I actually can drink more if the scotch is mixed with Coke. I rather drink it straight. It seems like a waist to buy expensive scotch then mix it with Coke. We have been known to though, just so as not to get too buzzed. I don't know why it's stronger? But it is. I won't even mix it till I totally have to just to stay on track. Think of it as making the drinks less strong.

post #104 of 649

I prefer Knob Creek to Maker's Mark. And death to pineapple (or coconut, for that matter). It's the unholy product of a fling between an otherwise sexy citrus and zippy the pinhead.

post #105 of 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

I know what makes pineapple taste good... 10 parts Ghost Chili sauce, 1 part pineapple.

You'd need to suck a used roll of toilet paper to get the nasty taste of pineapple out of your mouth though,...and hope still that the Naga Bhut Jolokia kills you first!!! 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Pineapple Hate Club (TPHC)!