Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 - Page 56

post #826 of 1380
Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie2009 View Post
 

Hi Gitbags,

 

I have had limited listening with the sd2's and my dx50 as I have just sold the dx50 in the last couple of days so had to delete all my music from it and i still await ems to deliver my dx90.. The amount of bass in the sd3 was the main reason why i choose the sd2 as my purchase.. The sd2 to me are very clear and with good separation,from the few bits of hard rock i have listened to the vocals are the most forward to my ear followed by the bass and then guitars are slightly masked by these two.. I would appreciate more extension in the highs personally from the sd2,this was an area where the noble 4 outdone the sd2 in my opinion.. However the quality of the bass on the sd2 is great,well controlled and tight.. They are fine with rock and metal but i would rather they were a bit more lively and had some more sparkle in the top end... On the flip side,i was listening to some classical music on them and it sounded spectacular..

 

I will try to report back with more thoughts once i get more extended listening when the dx90 arrives..I hope rockbox is available for it soon like the dx50,i had rockbox on the dx50 and its a great improvement on the device..

Cheers for the reply. One thing I cant knock the sd3's for is being lively, they're very entertaining. Just a shame the bass is too overbearing. Thank god for rockbox's eq options. :smile:

post #827 of 1380
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiserFS View Post
 

Can someone comment if the SD-2/SD-3 are not hissing on the E12 from Fiio?

I can hear the noise floor of the E12 with my SD-2:s.

post #828 of 1380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post
 

I've tried to get some news from Marco about the SD4.

It seems that, because of the popularity of the SD 2+3, the proposed 4 is still in the process of development. Good news is that, within a week or so, a special limited edition of the StageDiver with wood veneer will be showing (at the Prolight&Sound). Marco sent me this picture.

I still prefer the cool black look-but these guys know their style so I bet the wood veneer will be a knockout to see. The, final, hint to me was that the SD4 will be a few months away.

 

This is awesome news! The SD4 will likely be my first big IEM purchase in a while. 

post #829 of 1380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Charm View Post
 

 

This is awesome news! The SD4 will likely be my first big IEM purchase in a while. 

My wish for the SD4 is to address the lack of treble of the SD3, if this is done...then it will be an 'OMG' iem

post #830 of 1380
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrin313 View Post
 

My wish for the SD4 is to address the lack of treble of the SD3, if this is done...then it will be an 'OMG'

That's exactly what I'm hoping for. :) 

Also, does anyone know if the Noble Audio Cable will work with these? 

 

(scroll down on this page) 

 

http://nobleaudio.com/products/universal/classic/

It's a $40 quad-braided audio cable, with a two-pin connector. 

post #831 of 1380
Hpl pure silver occ actually is the best cable for the sd3, opens them right up.. With a lil tweak here and there on foobar eq then its perfect
post #832 of 1380

Any recommendations for a replacement cable around $50 (preferably without memory wire)?

post #833 of 1380
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalkman View Post
 

I can hear the noise floor of the E12 with my SD-2:s.

Thanks. Very annoying for me, so I'm trying out a C5 instead. 

 

Also, does anyone know where I can order some Ortofon tips from? 

post #834 of 1380
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiserFS View Post
 

Thanks. Very annoying for me, so I'm trying out a C5 instead. 

 

Also, does anyone know where I can order some Ortofon tips from? 

Form tips4tips on ebay. You get two sets of every size for ~£7, and i got my order within three days of ordering.


Edited by skalkman - 4/21/14 at 6:35am
post #835 of 1380
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaninbrisbane View Post
 

Any recommendations for a replacement cable around $50 (preferably without memory wire)?

Effect Audio does make a cable that would fit your description. It has a bit of what looks like memory wire but there is no actual steel wire in it so you could just trim that of if you find it to be in the way.


Edited by skalkman - 4/21/14 at 6:35am
post #836 of 1380
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaninbrisbane View Post
 

Any recommendations for a replacement cable around $50 (preferably without memory wire)?

 

or try this pretty from fiio
http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-RC-WT1-re-cable-Westone-Earphones/dp/B00D6DOYEQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t
some one also mention cables from noble website
or JH audio , cheapest of them all
http://www.jhaudio.com/product/spare-iem-cable
Westone epic cable , cheapest from this website
http://www.earplugstore.com/westone-epic-pro-cable1.html
or handmade from headphonelounge trusted by many head-fiers

http://headphonelounge.com/silver-iem-cables/

BTW , you should use the search thread function before asking these kinds of questions , chances are there're already some answers

 

 

post #837 of 1380
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalkman View Post
 

Effect Audio does make a cable that would fit your description. It has a bit of what looks like memory wire but there is no actual steel wire in it so you could just trim that of if you find it to be in the way.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music225 View Post
 

 

or try this pretty from fiio
http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-RC-WT1-re-cable-Westone-Earphones/dp/B00D6DOYEQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t
some one also mention cables from noble website
or JH audio , cheapest of them all
http://www.jhaudio.com/product/spare-iem-cable
Westone epic cable , cheapest from this website
http://www.earplugstore.com/westone-epic-pro-cable1.html
or handmade from headphonelounge trusted by many head-fiers

http://headphonelounge.com/silver-iem-cables/

BTW , you should use the search thread function before asking these kinds of questions , chances are there're already some answers

 

 

 

Thanks - perfect! (Sorry for causing any disputes)


Edited by seaninbrisbane - 4/21/14 at 11:07pm
post #838 of 1380
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalkman View Post


I bash products not people. If you take me making a snarky comment about a product as something personal then you should just report my post to the mods and let them deside. I'm a bitter person by nature but i usually try to mask that, though sometimes i just don't care to sugarcoat myself to try to look nice. Maybe you see it in another way but resulting to namecalling won't make it any better. If you would like to carry on with this trivial conversation then send me a pm.

[Aand back on topic]
That cable is more or less the same as the one i posted just a bit nicer looking maybe, though it has transparent looking insulation so you will see it turning green.

Ha ... ha ... ha ! How's that taste of your own medicine ! You get so much agony and hostility from my simple post then you should take some of the same too
SIMPLE POST :
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music225 View Post
 

 

or try this pretty from fiio
http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-RC-WT1-re-cable-Westone-Earphones/dp/B00D6DOYEQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t
some one also mention cables from noble website
or JH audio , cheapest of them all
http://www.jhaudio.com/product/spare-iem-cable
Westone epic cable , cheapest from this website
http://www.earplugstore.com/westone-epic-pro-cable1.html
or handmade from headphonelounge trusted by many head-fiers

http://headphonelounge.com/silver-iem-cables/

BTW , you should use the search thread function before asking these kinds of questions , chances are there're already some answers

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by skalkman View Post


I bash products not people
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalkman View Post
 

And Music225 please check out the people you are giving advise to. Sean Joined Head-Fi four years before you and i would think that he knows how to use the forums functions. Telling people to use the search function just makes you look like a dick and or a Head-Fi tryhard.

and he says he doesn't bash people

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalkman View Post 
 
Maybe you see it in another way but resulting to namecalling won't make it any better

Who starts it ? And how does that feel when you are now on the receiving end ? You now see it does absolutely NOT make it any better , right ?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalkman View Post
 
That cable is more or less the same as the one i posted just a bit nicer looking maybe, though it has transparent looking insulation so you will see it turning green.

Do you have it in your hand and try it to say for certain that it is "more or less the same" . See, your suggestion is just as bad as mine . Listing only the little cons of all other people's suggestions really hurt others' feeling , especially when they simply try to help , and also are really ridiculous when your suggestion actually have those cons too .

Quote:
 Originally Posted by skalkman View Post 
 
sometimes i just don't care to sugarcoat myself to try to look nice

Oh dear, it's not about sugarcoating yourself/myself or not . It's how society works , you just don't simply call somebody a díck or disrespect anybody anyhow in general for no good reason at all . One thing for sure , you will never know what you are gonna get back, some walks away , some throws a punch and things get bloody . In this case (the sour side of me) I'm trying to give you some from your own .
Sorry for not pm-ing you about this , because if your previous comments were pm(s) I would never care to reply . See the difference here - publicity . Now both of us can see clearly that doing this makes both look bad to everyone's eyes . If the mod feels the need to remove these kinds of comments or even ban accounts then do it , I'd be glad. There will be only 2 simple post of mere suggestion left , new and old people will see there was actually no hostility at all .
Geeez , reading all your previous comments on this thread , eventhough they sound really direct, which I like direct criticism/comments anyway ,  I used to think you are a nice guy  , now I don't
Moral of the story , you could be anything and everything on the Internet , please don't be an *******


Edited by Music225 - 4/22/14 at 4:11am
post #839 of 1380

One more cable choice I have found a favored review here
http://www.head-fi.org/products/lear-c2-iem-cable/reviews/9859#comments-title

LEAR C2 Stranded SPC Custom Cable

about 60$ , the special thing is , they claim their coating prevents oxidation , which would be fantastic for anyone still looking for a lasting sparkling silver cable (also available in black)


Edited by Music225 - 4/22/14 at 4:12am
post #840 of 1380

I'm confused, I thought this was a Stagediver iem thread and not an eyesight test chart  which Music225 seems intent on turning it into with his editing of quotes/words with varying font sizes..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3