A lot of people dump on sennheisers because they tend to be more dark and natural sounding than many other headphones. Bassheads tend to not like sennheisers as much because they a tighter, but much quieter bass response which can be increased with proper amplification but it will never be that INYOURFACEBASS that you hear from the basshead groups. Another thing that I hear people say about sennheisers and I've found this myself is that they are picky headphones and easily expose flaws in the source hardware and recordings, this isn't the headphones fault but I do see a number of people take off points from sennheiser's high end cans (and other high end cans too) because of this.
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 439 Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- closed can sonically similar to HD650 Last post on 12/3/14 at 8:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audiophile Newbie.......HD 439 Appreciated! Last post on 1/25/14 at 3:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones - M50 ... Last post on 3/27/13 at 12:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Soundstage does it exist with headphones ? Last post on 6/23/14 at 11:56am in Headphones (full-size)
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Sennheiser has only a few good cans and a lot of bad ones? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I find that Sennheiser generally makes a non-fatiguing headphone with great mids and a frequency balance that works for most genres. Their reference models are all very good.
The only thing I dislike about Sennheiser is their MSRP enforcement policy. I miss the days when the HD 600 and HD 650 were $250 and $330 street. At their current prices, they are usually more expensive than their AKG and Beyerdynamic equivalents.
- Sennheiser has only a few good cans and a lot of bad ones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Three Word Story 27 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 57 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature... 1 minute ago
- › On ear / over ear recommendations 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Dark Voice 339 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2