A lot of people dump on sennheisers because they tend to be more dark and natural sounding than many other headphones. Bassheads tend to not like sennheisers as much because they a tighter, but much quieter bass response which can be increased with proper amplification but it will never be that INYOURFACEBASS that you hear from the basshead groups. Another thing that I hear people say about sennheisers and I've found this myself is that they are picky headphones and easily expose flaws in the source hardware and recordings, this isn't the headphones fault but I do see a number of people take off points from sennheiser's high end cans (and other high end cans too) because of this.
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 439 Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- closed can sonically similar to HD650 Last post on 12/3/14 at 8:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audiophile Newbie.......HD 439 Appreciated! Last post on 1/25/14 at 3:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones - M50 ... Last post on 3/27/13 at 12:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Soundstage does it exist with headphones ? Last post on 6/23/14 at 11:56am in Headphones (full-size)
Sennheiser has only a few good cans and a lot of bad ones? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I find that Sennheiser generally makes a non-fatiguing headphone with great mids and a frequency balance that works for most genres. Their reference models are all very good.
The only thing I dislike about Sennheiser is their MSRP enforcement policy. I miss the days when the HD 600 and HD 650 were $250 and $330 street. At their current prices, they are usually more expensive than their AKG and Beyerdynamic equivalents.
- Sennheiser has only a few good cans and a lot of bad ones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Earphones/headphones - looking for versatility 1 minute ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity – it’s... 1 minute ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a nice IEM with a Mic < $400 3 minutes ago
- › NuPrime uDSD ($179, PCM384+DSD256 decoding) Portable USB DAC and... 3 minutes ago
- › PS4 headsets... again 3 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2