A lot of people dump on sennheisers because they tend to be more dark and natural sounding than many other headphones. Bassheads tend to not like sennheisers as much because they a tighter, but much quieter bass response which can be increased with proper amplification but it will never be that INYOURFACEBASS that you hear from the basshead groups. Another thing that I hear people say about sennheisers and I've found this myself is that they are picky headphones and easily expose flaws in the source hardware and recordings, this isn't the headphones fault but I do see a number of people take off points from sennheiser's high end cans (and other high end cans too) because of this.
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 439 Headphones Blacktagged by jacksonchansf, 3/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- closed can sonically similar to HD650 Last post on 12/3/14 at 8:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audiophile Newbie.......HD 439 Appreciated! Last post on 1/25/14 at 3:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones - M50 ... Last post on 3/27/13 at 12:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Soundstage does it exist with headphones ? Last post on 6/23/14 at 11:56am in Headphones (full-size)
Couldn't find much on the internet about these, so I took the plunge. Pros: Nice aesthetics Solid build quality Cheaper than Bose equivalent, looks and feels nicer,...
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
Sennheiser has only a few good cans and a lot of bad ones? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I find that Sennheiser generally makes a non-fatiguing headphone with great mids and a frequency balance that works for most genres. Their reference models are all very good.
The only thing I dislike about Sennheiser is their MSRP enforcement policy. I miss the days when the HD 600 and HD 650 were $250 and $330 street. At their current prices, they are usually more expensive than their AKG and Beyerdynamic equivalents.
- Sennheiser has only a few good cans and a lot of bad ones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Soundsoul S-018 Impressions Thread 41 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 56 seconds ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 3 minutes ago
- › LFF's Enigma (new from the maker of the Paradox) 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)