A lot of people dump on sennheisers because they tend to be more dark and natural sounding than many other headphones. Bassheads tend to not like sennheisers as much because they a tighter, but much quieter bass response which can be increased with proper amplification but it will never be that INYOURFACEBASS that you hear from the basshead groups. Another thing that I hear people say about sennheisers and I've found this myself is that they are picky headphones and easily expose flaws in the source hardware and recordings, this isn't the headphones fault but I do see a number of people take off points from sennheiser's high end cans (and other high end cans too) because of this.
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 439 Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/28/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- closed can sonically similar to HD650 Last post on 12/3/14 at 8:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audiophile Newbie.......HD 439 Appreciated! Last post on 1/25/14 at 3:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones - M50 ... Last post on 3/27/13 at 12:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Soundstage does it exist with headphones ? Last post on 6/23/14 at 11:56am in Headphones (full-size)
Fiio X3 2nd generation preview Disclaimer: before jumping into the device itself, I have to talk a little bit about myself. I am still an amateur on the subject of sound quality, but I’ll...
They re absoultely amazing I srsly reccomend you buy them listening to songs with them are like hearing the artists in real life its honestly amazing!
As my wife will tell you, at just about every major audio show I attend I buy something (shocker right?). There’s something cool about looking at my pieces of gear and thinking about the show...
So i bought the DT 880 250 Ohm Pro model. I also have KEf m200 in ears, a pair of AKG k450. I owned Audio Technica m30, Sennheiser Momentum on ear and Beyerdynamic dt 770 80 Ohm. The difference is...
Introduction Over the past year, Audiofly released their "Performance" range of IEMs, designed by musicians as stage monitors. A while back I had a chance to sample the top of the range AF180 and...
Sennheiser has only a few good cans and a lot of bad ones? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I find that Sennheiser generally makes a non-fatiguing headphone with great mids and a frequency balance that works for most genres. Their reference models are all very good.
The only thing I dislike about Sennheiser is their MSRP enforcement policy. I miss the days when the HD 600 and HD 650 were $250 and $330 street. At their current prices, they are usually more expensive than their AKG and Beyerdynamic equivalents.
- Sennheiser has only a few good cans and a lot of bad ones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Cowon Plenue P1 10 seconds ago
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping in May 11 seconds ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 29 seconds ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 1 minute ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › [Review] Philips SHL3300 "DJ" Headphones - Most Underrated Headphone? 5 minutes ago
- › Aequus new Fostex T50RP 3d printed / wodden faceplate customizable... 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2