Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Pictures of your Favorite Current Portable Headphone rig??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of your Favorite Current Portable Headphone rig??

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

Hey Guys,

 

I'm always interested to see what everybody here is listening to on-the-go (whether that means bringing your laptop, or just using a player, any player, for source gear).

 

We're up in the country this week (Northern California) so I wanted to share what I brought with me:

 

Sources:

MacBook Pro running Amarra 2.5

iPod Classic

Astell&Kern AK100 Hi Rez player

 

System:

 

Audeze LCD3's

V-MODA Crossfade M-100's

ALO Pan Am + Passport battery pack

ALO International Headphone amp/DAC (used as both)

Audioquest Dragonfly 

HRT Headstreamer

 

 

 

ANYBODY else wanna share??

post #2 of 10

V-MODA, M-100 iPod Touch 5th Gen, and VERZA.

 

I guess we both have the M-100 and DragonFly :).  I got the iPod Classic too but I mostly use it for my car, and for portable I have my iPod Touch 5th Gen with my V-MODA VERZA, and my iPhone 4S goes with my V-MODA VAMP.

post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 

NICE!

I've been looking to get the VAMP VERZA!!

Doesn't look like you can beat it for all-around portability!

 

How you liking it thus far??

 

Here's another favorite portable rig of mine:

 

iPod Classic

ALO International headphone amp

ALO Green line cables

Moon Audio Silver Dragon LOD

Audeze LCD3's

 

post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemercer View Post

NICE!

I've been looking to get the VAMP VERZA!!

Doesn't look like you can beat it for all-around portability!

 

How you liking it thus far??

 

Here's another favorite portable rig of mine:

 

iPod Classic

ALO International headphone amp

ALO Green line cables

Moon Audio Silver Dragon LOD

Audeze LCD3's

 

It's REALLY good, especially after V-MODA refunded the thing because I have the VAMP :).  I posted a bunch of reviews and stuff over at the VERZA trend if you are interested.

post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

It's REALLY good, especially after V-MODA refunded the thing because I have the VAMP :).  I posted a bunch of reviews and stuff over at the VERZA trend if you are interested.

I'm totally down to check it out!! Thinking of making that acquisition...  

post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemercer View Post

I'm totally down to check it out!! Thinking of making that acquisition...  

Oh yeah no problem.  BTW, Val did mentioned that he is working on something for the iPod Classic with the VERZA.  No idea what it is yet, but we will see.

post #7 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

Oh yeah no problem.  BTW, Val did mentioned that he is working on something for the iPod Classic with the VERZA.  No idea what it is yet, but we will see.

Really???

 

Well, I'm about to buy my VAMP VERZA!!

Does it work well with the iPhone 4S?

 

I obviously won't be getting the Metallo case

post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemercer View Post

Really???

 

Well, I'm about to buy my VAMP VERZA!!

Does it work well with the iPhone 4S?

 

I obviously won't be getting the Metallo case

Yep works very well, as I tested the VERZA with the 4S initially.  My review is over in the VERZA trend.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/655315/v-moda-vamp-verza-metallo-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-crowdsourcing-ideas/210#post_9270737

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/655315/v-moda-vamp-verza-metallo-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-crowdsourcing-ideas/255#post_9273654


Edited by DrSheep - 4/2/13 at 5:24pm
post #9 of 10

My avatar ... Cowon J3 w/ Ety ER4P.

post #10 of 10

Thanks for this share

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Pictures of your Favorite Current Portable Headphone rig??