So my friend gave me 30 bucks to buy some headphones. He plans to mostly use them for gaming, but maybe also some music. He listens to all kinds of music so that isn't much of a big deal. I've been looking around, and the JVC HARX700 sounds like the best dead i'm not completely sure though.
- productJVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphonetagged by jacksonchansf, 3/29/13
- productJVC Victor Head-band Foldable Headphones | HA-S400-R Red (Japanese Import)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/29/13
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/29/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by jacksonchansf, 3/29/13
- productSennheiser HD 201 Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/29/13
- productSennheiser HD 419 Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best sub $25 headphones Last post on 3/24/13 at 1:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help! Headphones for my Son Last post on 12/10/12 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone with really good Bass response under 60$ ? Last post on 11/5/12 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I need to buy new headphones Recommendation Last post on 9/9/12 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- <$50 Home headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 4:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
The 880s don't have a lot of color to themselves. They're light comfortable cans that get the job done. They are a well rounded headphone good for someone who can't quite figure out what kind of...
Bass: solid, balanced and extended with excellent pitch. Can be Stygian and prodigious with the right recordings. Midrange: clear, coherent, tonally complex and saturated. Vocals are rendered with...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Need low budget headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Panasonic HTF600 and JVC S400 are probably a better bet. If he's open to it, a better option might be to try and score a good used pair. I got my Koss DJ100's for about that much off these forums.
I don't know about the best option, but they've gotten enough attention that I thought they might be worth consideration. I have heard a few people say they were very disappointed with theirs, though, so a different option might be better.
- Need low budget headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 36 seconds ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 44 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 1 minute ago
- › Review & Appreciation: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 4 minutes ago
- › (Edit: help me choose) Over-ear, inexpensive headphone recs for... 4 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude