Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Having Trouble Deciding on a Cheap but Good Portable Headphone Amp
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Having Trouble Deciding on a Cheap but Good Portable Headphone Amp - Page 3

post #31 of 59
Thread Starter 
Hey what about the E10?
post #32 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchwage View Post


I'm in a similar predicament as you are. I'm looking for a cheap DAC and amp. The E07K is both a DAC and an amp and it's the device I've decided to settle with. You'll be able to use it with a portable audio player as an amp and then as a DAC/amp combo with your laptop. 

That ^

post #33 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

That ^
Would you reccomend it?
post #34 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by wburton View Post


Would you reccomend it?

Of course I told you a couple of times before didn't I?  This is why I much rather for you to save up for the E07K instead of getting the E5/6.

post #35 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

Of course I told you a couple of times before didn't I?  This is why I much rather for you to save up for the E07K instead of getting the E5/6.
I think I'm gonna get the E10
post #36 of 59

I have an E6, and I have to say that I very rarely use it, unfortunately (though that's mostly because I don't take my good phones anywhere).

 

I am, however, planning on getting a portable DAC/AMP in the very near future; mostly because I want the DAC feature for my laptop for when I travel.  I've been looking at the E07K very closely, but I've been looking at other options as well (E17 for one, and others).
 

post #37 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by wburton View Post


I think I'm gonna get the E10

You know that the E10 is only a DAC/AMP for the computer right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidzoo View Post

I have an E6, and I have to say that I very rarely use it, unfortunately (though that's mostly because I don't take my good phones anywhere).

 

I am, however, planning on getting a portable DAC/AMP in the very near future; mostly because I want the DAC feature for my laptop for when I travel.  I've been looking at the E07K very closely, but I've been looking at other options as well (E17 for one, and others).
 

Yes, the E07K is a popular good buy at the price.  If you want future desktop integration, then getting the E17 + E9K make sense, but it will be a waste as the E07K is really good enough for portable and laptop use.


Edited by DrSheep - 3/27/13 at 11:46am
post #38 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

Yes, the E07K is a popular good buy at the price.  If you want future desktop integration, then getting the E17 + E9K make sense, but it will be a waste as the E07K is really good enough for portable and laptop use.

 

Yeah, I'm only looking for portable/laptop use somewhere around/between the E07K and E17 in terms of price.  My desktop is good (for now) and I am looking at getting a M+M stack at some point for it.

post #39 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

You know that the E10 is only a DAC/AMP for the computer right?
Yes, the E07K is a popular good buy at the price.  If you want future desktop integration, then getting the E17 + E9K make sense, but it will be a waste as the E07K is really good enough for portable and laptop use.
Ooh I didn't know that... I don't need it that much for my iPod but how about the CmoyBB?
post #40 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by wburton View Post


Ooh I didn't know that... I don't need it that much for my iPod but how about the CmoyBB?

The CmoyBB is another good one, but it is more of a bass booster kind of AMP.  The E07K will still be your best bet for iPod and laptop use.

post #41 of 59
i think i can sell you my E11 since im getting a new amp next week.

For computer use, just get a ELE DAC, then when ur home, u can use ELE+E11 combo. Or E11+ipod combo.

perfect solution for u i guess.

PM me if ur interested.
post #42 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidzoo View Post

 

Yeah, I'm only looking for portable/laptop use somewhere around/between the E07K and E17 in terms of price.  My desktop is good (for now) and I am looking at getting a M+M stack at some point for it.

HiFiMan and ALO makes some good stuff, too bad they either cost too much or desktop focus.  At the sub-$200 level, which I am not too familiar with, are dominated by FiiO with a few exception, and in this case the JDS Lab C5 (no DAC, but it is one good AMP from a lot of other people.)

post #43 of 59

Look at the C&C BH.  Lots of features and fairly neutral.  No plastic screen either.

 

Do a search on the forum for the BH and you will get plenty of info on it.


Edited by Dark Helmet - 3/27/13 at 2:28pm
post #44 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post

Look at the C&C BH.  Lots of features and fairly neutral.  No plastic screen either.

Yes that's another good one.

post #45 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekky View Post

i think i can sell you my E11 since im getting a new amp next week.

For computer use, just get a ELE DAC, then when ur home, u can use ELE+E11 combo. Or E11+ipod combo.

perfect solution for u i guess.

PM me if ur interested.
Would I need an ELE DAC for my computer?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Having Trouble Deciding on a Cheap but Good Portable Headphone Amp