Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans?

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 

So obviously i am a Bass-Head. I haven't heard the XB series but I heard that they have the LOW bass capabilities that i want.(20-60HZ) i really like powerful bass in my music as well as the little details and things. I have been doing A LOT of research and people say that the ultrasone pro 900 while having bass isn't really for LOW bass how i like it but at the same time has AMAZING sound quality and very detailed highs. On the other hand the bass on the XB 1000 for instance goes so low that it creates a "suction" in you ear. Currently I have some Sennheiser HD 212 Pro's which are The most "bassy" sennheisers. If i could just get a bit more thump and quality bass that would be great! If people on here could compare theses headphones (ultrasone pro 900 and Sony xb 1000) with the ones i currently have i would greatly appreciate it as it would give me something i can compare to first hand. I don't exactly know what soundstage is but do my HD 212 pro's have them? I heard that both the headphones i'm looking at have good soundstage. In all which headphone between the two will have lower louder bass, Higher details, and surround sound/instrument seperation etc and overall better sound quality. I am open to recommendations except don't tell me to get something like beats as i have heard them and they sound REALLY bad to me. My budget is $300 and i will not use a headphone amp but i do have a computer and a receiver with one of those large 1/4 headphone jacks. The receiver is high quality. P.S i listen to a HUGE variety of music including Rap, Hip-Hop, Country, Mainstream, and some of my favorite artists for example are Justin TImberlake, Wiz Khalifa and even some stuff like Rihanna. All in all i'm looking for a durable, LOW bass poundingL3000.gif,good soundingdt880smile.png headphone that is around $300

-Thanks for all the help and sorry my post is so long :)
 

post #2 of 14
Thread Starter 

By the way i don't like bass to be Extremely overpowering like 10 subwoofers but rather strong. At least a little more bass than HD 212 Pro's but no more than 60% more

post #3 of 14

used denon d2000
 

post #4 of 14

1. What is your price range? (from the headphones you mentioned you are probably looking at 400$ at least for the pro900) For sub bass though look at some of the old denon models (now discontinued) like the d2k, you might be able to find a pair used for about 300$. Other headphones to look at are the beyerdynamic dt770 pro 80 ohm's. And the V-moda m100. If you're looking to spend a bit less, check out the m-audio q40's.

prices:

dt770's around 180$

m100 300$

q40's 100$

post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksean1997 View Post

So obviously i am a Bass-Head. I haven't heard the XB series but I heard that they have the LOW bass capabilities that i want.(20-60HZ) i really like powerful bass in my music as well as the little details and things. I have been doing A LOT of research and people say that the ultrasone pro 900 while having bass isn't really for LOW bass how i like it but at the same time has AMAZING sound quality and very detailed highs. On the other hand the bass on the XB 1000 for instance goes so low that it creates a "suction" in you ear. Currently I have some Sennheiser HD 212 Pro's which are The most "bassy" sennheisers. If i could just get a bit more thump and quality bass that would be great! If people on here could compare theses headphones (ultrasone pro 900 and Sony xb 1000) with the ones i currently have i would greatly appreciate it as it would give me something i can compare to first hand. I don't exactly know what soundstage is but do my HD 212 pro's have them? I heard that both the headphones i'm looking at have good soundstage. In all which headphone between the two will have lower louder bass, Higher details, and surround sound/instrument seperation etc and overall better sound quality. I am open to recommendations except don't tell me to get something like beats as i have heard them and they sound REALLY bad to me. My budget is $300 and i will not use a headphone amp but i do have a computer and a receiver with one of those large 1/4 headphone jacks. The receiver is high quality. P.S i listen to a HUGE variety of music including Rap, Hip-Hop, Country, Mainstream, and some of my favorite artists for example are Justin TImberlake, Wiz Khalifa and even some stuff like Rihanna. All in all i'm looking for a durable, LOW bass poundingL3000.gif
,good sounding
dt880smile.png
 headphone that is around $300

-Thanks for all the help and sorry my post is so long smily_headphones1.gif

 

Go to The Basshead Club and read to your hearts content.

My quick input -

Q-40
Denon D600
Denon D2000 used

I own them all, and they all thump.
post #6 of 14

You want SUB Sonic Bass the Xb 700 has more UMPH than his big brother, granted the 1000 is a little tighter and has slighty better mids, but over all less bass. I'm selling a Xb 700 in my sig but it's on the Bay so best of luck to u if u wants it

 

Another option to is the Byer Dt 990, I love mine. But then again I like the TIGHT Quickness of Open Can Bass, you might not like it as [unless your farimillar with it] you can't feel it as much as "bigger bass
 but ofc listen to em long enough and you'll start to notice the power and push they have. Sadly even my w1000x can't match the bass on the dt 990 [quality wise, quanity on the cans is simmilar but again open can bass wins me over!] 

post #7 of 14

I wouldn't get open cans for subsonic performance. The 770 uses the same driver (different impedance in some cases, 80 ohm suggested) as the 990 but offers more sub bass.

 

List from what i've heard for sub bass kings.

 

XB700 - May be your best bet.

XB500 (mid bass is quite boxy though)

DT770/80 - treble peak as in all beyers, test first to see if you can stand it.

M100 is nice but not as much quantity as XB series.

*POSSIBLY* the XB920/X10 - Heard these for about 20 minutes in a store, really interesting. Frequency response is also quite directed towards sub bass.

post #8 of 14
I second the denon d2000... Its got everything u want and more. The pro 900 would have a ton of mid bass but i dont think it would have as much of the sub bass as you would need.
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docks View Post
 

I wouldn't get open cans for subsonic performance. The 770 uses the same driver (different impedance in some cases, 80 ohm suggested) as the 990 but offers more sub bass.

 

List from what i've heard for sub bass kings.

 

XB700 - May be your best bet.

XB500 (mid bass is quite boxy though)

DT770/80 - treble peak as in all beyers, test first to see if you can stand it.

M100 is nice but not as much quantity as XB series.

*POSSIBLY* the XB920/X10 - Heard these for about 20 minutes in a store, really interesting. Frequency response is also quite directed towards sub bass.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post

I second the denon d2000... Its got everything u want and more. The pro 900 would have a ton of mid bass but i dont think it would have as much of the sub bass as you would need.

 

Yea Denon 2k has a great feed back history here

 

and 
 

AVOID the New XB series they are HORRIFIC. Trust me the old XB odd numberd are much better 

post #10 of 14

As a Pro900 owner and having heard the TH600, Denon DX000 cans, and other basshead phones I can say that if you pair the Pro900s with a good amp with clean Bass EQ options you can get out the sub-bass you would want from them. If you don't want an amp or anything else, I guess the XB1000s wouldn't disappoint unless you want the clean audiophile attention to detail reproduction which XB1000s aren't known for. If you had more of a budget I'd say look into more expensive offerings such as the Denon D5000/7000, but if you want to stay around the $300 mark, you can't really go wrong with Pro900s, DT770s, or D2000s. So to answer your question, you can't get a headphone with "AMAZING" sound quality (assuming you mean on the level of the TH600s and D7000s) and "LOW" bass (assuming you mean on the level of the XB1000s/XB700s) in one package. You're going to have to pick one (XB1000 or the other side, D7000 etc) and then get an amp to bring out the other side that's lacking due to whichever you chose. As far as I know, there aren't any headphones that both rival the XB700/1000 in bass quantity and also rival the TH600/D7000 in clearity and detail all in one package/one driver. In my opinion, the Pro900s seem to be the compromise between the two ends of different types of basshead cans. Hope that helps.

post #11 of 14
I have the xb1000 and believe me when I say that if sub bass is what you want sub bass is what you will get. Make sure you have an amp, 70 mm drivers aren't all that easy o drive out of an iPhone

This set is perfect for uk based dubstep like emalkay and loefah which focus more on the lower notes than say skrillex for example

On the right songs the bass will vibrate all along the band and shake and rattle your skull, the only other headphone that has given me similar response in sub bass is the lcd-2

The xb500 which i also own along other bass headphones punch harder in the mid bass but dont rumble like the xb1000's

The xb1000's have a smooth signature no piercing highs, its actually pretty balanced all things considered minus the strong super tight bass
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchi MerenGue View Post

I have the xb1000 and believe me when I say that if sub bass is what you want sub bass is what you will get. Make sure you have an amp, 70 mm drivers aren't all that easy o drive out of an iPhone

This set is perfect for uk based dubstep like emalkay and loefah which focus more on the lower notes than say skrillex for example

On the right songs the bass will vibrate all along the band and shake and rattle your skull, the only other headphone that has given me similar response in sub bass is the lcd-2

The xb500 which i also own along other bass headphones punch harder in the mid bass but dont rumble like the xb1000's

The xb1000's have a smooth signature no piercing highs, its actually pretty balanced all things considered minus the strong super tight bass

 

bleh I wonder if I would like the xb 1000 now... when the xb 700 got to be TO much bass I sold em...

post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

bleh I wonder if I would like the xb 1000 now... when the xb 700 got to be TO much bass I sold em...

I actually never heard the xb700's, i had the 500's and skipped right over to the 1000's


700's didnt seem like they appealed to me, didnt have tthe powerful punch of midbass of the 500's or go as low as the 1000's in sub bass, a happy middle ground i suppose, but i like extremes in all things lol
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchi MerenGue View Post


I actually never heard the xb700's, i had the 500's and skipped right over to the 1000's


700's didnt seem like they appealed to me, didnt have tthe powerful punch of midbass of the 500's or go as low as the 1000's in sub bass, a happy middle ground i suppose, but i like extremes in all things lol

 

Yea happy middle ground, and they went just as low as the 1000 but just did't have that big 70mm driver again'st ur head xD 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Pro 900 Vs Sony XB 1000 Or Suggestions For Subsonic bass-head cans?