- 16 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones under $300 Last post on 2/16/13 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for suggestions... $500 budget, closed back basshead phones, mangi+modi Last post on 2/8/13 at 3:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sub $400 headphones Last post on 1/18/13 at 6:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for HD280 upgrade, similar sound much higher price range wanted Last post on 2/21/13 at 12:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones to compliment my HD598's (ie make up for lack of bass) Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
This is my second attempt at a review of the Brainwavz S5, my first attempt ended up in the bin yesterday, as I was looking at it from the wrong angle (some forum members wanted a comparison to...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
Ultrasone 2900 vs Hifiman HE-400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
pro 2900 have almost the same presentation as pro 900's with less bass and still medium recessed
IMO he 400's are way better cans (heard pro 2900 and 900's once)
He 400 are great for electronic music and hip hop, good bass and nice presentation without listening fatigue, beautiful mediums
They are made for music lovers with 399 $ to spend with no regret, a real good deal !!
HE-400 all the way, no comparison.
The Pro 2900 is very sibilant with most recording, the bass is bloated in comparison, and the highs are metallic and strident. The overall presentation of the 2900 is unrefined. Only reason anyone would want the 2900 over the HE-400 is if they love booming, bloated bass (maybe a supreme basshead?). Otherwise, the rather clean and clear sound of the HE-400 is superior. They aren't neutral by any means but they have excellent bass, great mids, and good highs. They can be a bit shrill at times but never over sibilant like the 2900. They are a great value, and are much better headphone overall than the Ultrasones.
- Ultrasone 2900 vs Hifiman HE-400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 30 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 54 seconds ago
- › Looking for small bookshelf speakers with huge sound 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Westone W60 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Duncan
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)