- 16 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones under $300 Last post on 2/16/13 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for suggestions... $500 budget, closed back basshead phones, mangi+modi Last post on 2/8/13 at 3:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sub $400 headphones Last post on 1/18/13 at 6:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for HD280 upgrade, similar sound much higher price range wanted Last post on 2/21/13 at 12:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones to compliment my HD598's (ie make up for lack of bass) Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Ultrasone 2900 vs Hifiman HE-400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
pro 2900 have almost the same presentation as pro 900's with less bass and still medium recessed
IMO he 400's are way better cans (heard pro 2900 and 900's once)
He 400 are great for electronic music and hip hop, good bass and nice presentation without listening fatigue, beautiful mediums
They are made for music lovers with 399 $ to spend with no regret, a real good deal !!
HE-400 all the way, no comparison.
The Pro 2900 is very sibilant with most recording, the bass is bloated in comparison, and the highs are metallic and strident. The overall presentation of the 2900 is unrefined. Only reason anyone would want the 2900 over the HE-400 is if they love booming, bloated bass (maybe a supreme basshead?). Otherwise, the rather clean and clear sound of the HE-400 is superior. They aren't neutral by any means but they have excellent bass, great mids, and good highs. They can be a bit shrill at times but never over sibilant like the 2900. They are a great value, and are much better headphone overall than the Ultrasones.
- Ultrasone 2900 vs Hifiman HE-400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 10 seconds ago
- › Best looking tube amp 29 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › USPS Priority Mail International (USA - Australia) 2 minutes ago
- › WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!! 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Zelda 3ds Xl 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH-600 Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum for classical music 5 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)