- 16 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones under $300 Last post on 2/16/13 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for suggestions... $500 budget, closed back basshead phones, mangi+modi Last post on 2/8/13 at 3:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sub $400 headphones Last post on 1/18/13 at 6:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for HD280 upgrade, similar sound much higher price range wanted Last post on 2/21/13 at 12:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones to compliment my HD598's (ie make up for lack of bass) Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
I have owned the ECP Audio L-2 for about 2 months now. I also own an Eddie Current Super 7 with NOS tubes, including Tung Sol BGRP driver tube. I have previously owned the Woo WA22, the Luxman...
I'm a noob to high quality audio equipment. I have been using V-Moda M-80's. I bought these because they were onsale for $272, and it would be stupid not to buy them at that price. I just opened...
Ultrasone 2900 vs Hifiman HE-400post #1 of 43/26/13 at 4:28pmThread StarterI've been planning to buy new headphones for a while now but I've been stuck between those two cans. I know there have been a similar topic before where those two headphones were compared with Denon D5000 but the Ultrasones were ruled out because of their price at the time. I'm usually listening to electronic music (progressive house, electro, some dubstep) and sometimes some good old hiphop. Any help would be appreciated!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 43/27/13 at 5:37amThread Starterpost #3 of 43/27/13 at 9:28ampro 2900's are on the bright side and he 400's not
pro 2900 have almost the same presentation as pro 900's with less bass and still medium recessed
IMO he 400's are way better cans (heard pro 2900 and 900's once)
He 400 are great for electronic music and hip hop, good bass and nice presentation without listening fatigue, beautiful mediums
They are made for music lovers with 399 $ to spend with no regret, a real good deal !!post #4 of 43/27/13 at 9:32am
HE-400 all the way, no comparison.
The Pro 2900 is very sibilant with most recording, the bass is bloated in comparison, and the highs are metallic and strident. The overall presentation of the 2900 is unrefined. Only reason anyone would want the 2900 over the HE-400 is if they love booming, bloated bass (maybe a supreme basshead?). Otherwise, the rather clean and clear sound of the HE-400 is superior. They aren't neutral by any means but they have excellent bass, great mids, and good highs. They can be a bit shrill at times but never over sibilant like the 2900. They are a great value, and are much better headphone overall than the Ultrasones.
- Ultrasone 2900 vs Hifiman HE-400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 15 seconds ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 24 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 24 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 36 seconds ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 49 seconds ago
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Review (and comparison with HD600 and K701) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD600 vs Hifiman HE400 and what is the best amp for... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Shure SE535-V Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with... by Wilderbeast
- › Sony MDRXB600 Extra Bass Over the Head 40mm Driver Headphone, Black by Shini44
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe