- 16 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones under $300 Last post on 2/16/13 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for suggestions... $500 budget, closed back basshead phones, mangi+modi Last post on 2/8/13 at 3:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sub $400 headphones Last post on 1/18/13 at 6:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for HD280 upgrade, similar sound much higher price range wanted Last post on 2/21/13 at 12:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones to compliment my HD598's (ie make up for lack of bass) Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Ultrasone 2900 vs Hifiman HE-400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
pro 2900 have almost the same presentation as pro 900's with less bass and still medium recessed
IMO he 400's are way better cans (heard pro 2900 and 900's once)
He 400 are great for electronic music and hip hop, good bass and nice presentation without listening fatigue, beautiful mediums
They are made for music lovers with 399 $ to spend with no regret, a real good deal !!
HE-400 all the way, no comparison.
The Pro 2900 is very sibilant with most recording, the bass is bloated in comparison, and the highs are metallic and strident. The overall presentation of the 2900 is unrefined. Only reason anyone would want the 2900 over the HE-400 is if they love booming, bloated bass (maybe a supreme basshead?). Otherwise, the rather clean and clear sound of the HE-400 is superior. They aren't neutral by any means but they have excellent bass, great mids, and good highs. They can be a bit shrill at times but never over sibilant like the 2900. They are a great value, and are much better headphone overall than the Ultrasones.
- Ultrasone 2900 vs Hifiman HE-400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 25 seconds ago
- › New Ultrasone Edition 5 hinted in the Fujiya Avice Autumn Festival... 29 seconds ago
- › The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Trouble uploading pics on new iOS 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 3 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some... 7 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 (& Plus) & iOS 8 Sound Quality Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 7 minutes ago
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)