Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › AURALiC owners unite!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AURALiC owners unite! - Page 46

post #676 of 1926

So I finally got my new Taurus MKII amp to go with my Vega DAC which I got last month.

This is the first time I've had the chance to use my LCD-3's in balanced mode. All I can say is "incredible", "stunning", "awesome".

 

 

A couple of weeks ago, I had almost decided to buy the Cavalli Audio LAu, even though it was well over my budget.

I'm sure I would have loved it, but I have absolutely no regrets buying the Taurus now. I managed to get an ex-demo unit at almost 1/2 price, so compared to the LAu, I have spent less than a 1/3 of what the LAu would have cost me. And I'm loving it.

 

cheers

Shaka

 

 

post #677 of 1926

Very nice!

post #678 of 1926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
 

So I finally got my new Taurus MKII amp to go with my Vega DAC which I got last month.

This is the first time I've had the chance to use my LCD-3's in balanced mode. All I can say is "incredible", "stunning", "awesome".

 

 

A couple of weeks ago, I had almost decided to buy the Cavalli Audio LAu, even though it was well over my budget.

I'm sure I would have loved it, but I have absolutely no regrets buying the Taurus now. I managed to get an ex-demo unit at almost 1/2 price, so compared to the LAu, I have spent less than a 1/3 of what the LAu would have cost me. And I'm loving it.

 

cheers

Shaka

 

 

Nice stack, what position is your knob at for normal listening level?

post #679 of 1926

Sweet Shaka!!!! I have the same setup, but side by side. I agree it's fantastic with the Audeze!! When I don't want to fire up my Stratus, this setup definitely satisfies.

post #680 of 1926

If anyone is going to be at THE Show in Newport I'll have my Vega/Liquid Glass with my new favorite tubes.  You can bring your own phone and sneak a listen if you are there.

post #681 of 1926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chik0240 View Post
 

Nice stack, what position is your knob at for normal listening level?

 

Hi Chik0240,

 

thanks!

Depending on the music, I have the volume on the Taurus between 10 o'clock & 11 o'clock position. I've rarely gone past the 12 o'clock position.

I demo'ed it to a few family members and they can only handle between 8 and 9.

 

Thanks sanatacore and project86.

 

cheers,

 

Shaka

post #682 of 1926

NZ headphone meet that I'm organising is tomorrow, just borrowed the Taurus Pre and Merak monoblocks to run off the Vega. HE-6 direct into the speaker taps on the monoblocks :)

 

My Taurus amp will be connected to a PWDII for the other rig on display.

post #683 of 1926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
 

 

Hi Chik0240,

 

thanks!

Depending on the music, I have the volume on the Taurus between 10 o'clock & 11 o'clock position. I've rarely gone past the 12 o'clock position.

I demo'ed it to a few family members and they can only handle between 8 and 9.

 

Thanks sanatacore and project86.

 

cheers,

 

Shaka

Ic, that's in similar condition as I do, when I use the Taurus with the Onkyo soundcard which have max output of 2Vrms, if I turn the volume of the computer to 100%, I can only tolerate my HE500 at 8-9 o'clock, now I have to turn the computer volume to 50% in order to use the knob at 10-11 o'clock position

post #684 of 1926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chik0240 View Post
 

Ic, that's in similar condition as I do, when I use the Taurus with the Onkyo soundcard which have max output of 2Vrms, if I turn the volume of the computer to 100%, I can only tolerate my HE500 at 8-9 o'clock, now I have to turn the computer volume to 50% in order to use the knob at 10-11 o'clock position

I have my computer volume at full and the Vega at 100. Currently listening to Rolling Stones and the Taurus is just below 10 o'clock. It's loud enough for my current mood ;-)

post #685 of 1926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chik0240 View Post

Ic, that's in similar condition as I do, when I use the Taurus with the Onkyo soundcard which have max output of 2Vrms, if I turn the volume of the computer to 100%, I can only tolerate my HE500 at 8-9 o'clock, now I have to turn the computer volume to 50% in order to use the knob at 10-11 o'clock position

Won't you be suffering bit truncation with your PC volume that low?
post #686 of 1926

In the process of burning in my Taurus (hot and cold cycles - none of this 'leave it playing for a week' lazyboy burn-in for me !), I decided to try a balanced source in the form of my Oppo BDP-105D. Even single-ended into my LCD2s I believe I can hear a difference - whether its placebo is a tougher question but I think I'll know within a week or two. Some claim the balanced camp overstate the pluses but I'm going to track down a balanced cable for either the Audezes or my HD800s : happy to hear recommendations for any of my cans (LCD2, LCD-X, HD800, Fidelio X1)

 

FWIW, the price for my Audioquest Yukon cables was a little more than MusicDirect charge US customers, but still very competitive given the size of the market here and Thailand's import duty regime. Doubly satisfied when I read about the problems with counterfeit cables : fakes are a constant problem in Asia but my dealer has a reputation to protect - the ebay sellers dont always have that impediment  ;)

post #687 of 1926

Did anybody hear the Gsx Mk2 or/and Master 9 near Auralic Taurus Mk2 to give some impressions on the matter?

post #688 of 1926
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post

Won't you be suffering bit truncation with your PC volume that low?

At least not to my ears, seemed windows 7 audio platform's up sampling everything technique did pretty well in this regard
post #689 of 1926
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.gheorghe View Post

Did anybody hear the Gsx Mk2 or/and Master 9 near Auralic Taurus Mk2 to give some impressions on the matter?

Would love to know this too, would help guide me in the quest for something that drives the HE-6 well enough to settle in with for the longer term.
post #690 of 1926

My Heed Obelisk PRE/PS/PX stereo amp drove HE-6 really really well, but guess it´s not the answer your are looking for :D.

 

I got a mail from "Blue Coast Music" with offers on some nice relaxing jazz music (in DSD I presume ??), but not sure which format to buy for the Vega. Can it play both DFF 2.8Mhz and DSF 2.8Mhz, can´t find any info in manual. So I ask here first before I spam Auralic.  

 

From the Interweb "DSF and DFF are 'kinds' of audio files that are delivered as downloads or read by software for playback. DSF has the ability to hold metadata and DFF doesn't, however, some players only read DFF files." :confused:

 

http://cavamenziesnickphillips.downloadsnow.net/moment-to-moment     


Edited by Larryonfire - 5/25/14 at 12:33am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › AURALiC owners unite!