- 35 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productA161P Balanced Armature In-Ear (MEEA161P) -tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/31/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/31/13
- productAudéo Perfect Fit Earphones with Microphone 122 (Black)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/31/13
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/31/13
- productJVC HA-FXZ100 In-Ear Headphonetagged by jacksonchansf, 3/31/13
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by jacksonchansf, 3/31/13
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/31/13
- productSennheiser IE800tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/31/13
- productSONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/31/13
- productTDK BA200tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/31/13More
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/31/13
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/31/13
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/31/13
- productVSONIC GR07 MKIItagged by jacksonchansf, 3/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- IEM under $150 for Alternative Rock Last post on 3/10/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon EQ5 , Ety HF5 or Brainwavz B2? Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommend IEM's under $200 Similar to the Sony XBA-2 Last post on 11/30/12 at 6:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best sub $200 IEMs for Rock Music? Last post on 12/11/12 at 10:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for ~$170 for acoustical recordings. Help needed! (Vsonic GR07? UE Triplefi 10?) Last post on 10/14/12 at 10:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
When you say buds, are you referring specifically to earbuds as in the type of thing that ships with ipods, or do you mean in-ear monitors?
EDIT: sorry, just noticed you mentioned noise isolation
Do you have any specific sound preferences? Preferences for rock music doesn't say very much.
Edited by thesuperguy - 3/26/13 at 8:13am
The Sony XB90EX, JVC FXZ100, UE TF10Pro, Klipsch Image X10 and Vsonic GR07 willbe great match for these music genres and all offers strong punchy bass, crisp clear mids, highs for different instruments(include guitars, drums) to shine.
Now I'm thinking I should purchase a pair of audiophile earphones for on-the-go listening, possibly in addition to a pair of cans. I'm looking for audiophile buds that cost $150 or less, have good noise isolation, and are good for listening to classic rock. Any suggestions would be great!
Anyways, strong clean bass, clear natural vocals, under 150 - does sound like either the IE800/BA200. And if you mind a loss in quantity (but still plenty clear) in bass, the A161P might even work out nicely. Can't use the PFE122 as a suggestion anymore as Phonak is indeed closing down, but maybe something like the GR07 or the UE700 (leaner note presentation, but rather clear and decently strong bass impact) as well.
Check out IJokerI's multi iem review thread if you haven't already. I've heard that Vsonic GR07 MK2, Fischer DBA-02, Audio Technica CK10 and Rockit Sounds R-50 all use the same drivers so they should sound very similar.
since he doesn't have as much experience with the "audiophile earphones" i think most that are recommended would not be appropriate. They are all fantastic earphones ofc (i own the gr07 be) but even the be version my friends listening to them thought they lacked bass, and they could really appreciate the fantastic extended treble and the excellent mids
all they said was that they sound like my dre tours but less bassy.
so i would point you to this link
its written by joker
if you are like the average consumers (which is what we're using as reference) you should probably look in the basshead or the warm and punchy section (those would probably have the QUANTITY of the bass you would be use to) as most consumer earphones are very very bassy, so most of the earphones listed above are fairly neutral/balenced (gr07 and the fischer dba) as listed in the link
if i had to recommend something(s)
velodyne vpulse- very very deep bass, relatively clear mids and nonfatiguing treble
jvc ha fxt90- for the more aggressive, fun sound, with actually strong bass, mids and treble (some find it a bit too aggressive, but i would imagine average consumers wouldn't find it harsh)
the shure se215- very smooth mids and punchy bass, treble is clear but rolled off pretty quickly but absolutely no fatigue, id like more treble extension ( but i prefer a very extended treble, which is fatiguing to many others) which is why i didn't up buying them (tried them so many times, sittign on the fence)
another one is the fxd80- amazingly punchy and deep bass, ridiculously clear mid range, but unnatural and recessed for my liking (more suited for electronic and less vocal based music, not that they sound bad, just not as good as my gr07 and re400 which is saying a lot) and a treble that is bright (a bit too bright for others) and well extended
if you want to start on something cheap first just see if you like the bassy sound (but not near the level of bass you'd probably use to)
the philips she3590- 13$- i had these for a long time and these punch way way above their weight, its ridiculous, clear mid range but recessed and an decently sparkly treble and of course a very deep bass no bloat
Edited by Tom22 - 2/21/14 at 7:23pm
- Audiophile buds?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 5 seconds ago
- › Would that extension cable impact the queality of my headphones? 48 seconds ago
- › AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition Thread 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Need help rectifying unequal cable burn in leading to channel... 5 minutes ago
- › Reviewers wanted - Sound Blaster products 8 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 11 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3