- 35 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productA161P Balanced Armature In-Ear (MEEA161P) -tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/31/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/31/13
- productAudéo Perfect Fit Earphones with Microphone 122 (Black)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/31/13
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/31/13
- productJVC HA-FXZ100 In-Ear Headphonetagged by jacksonchansf, 3/31/13
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by jacksonchansf, 3/31/13
- productRockit Sounds R-50tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/31/13
- productSennheiser IE800tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/31/13
- productSONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/31/13
- productTDK BA200tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/31/13More
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/31/13
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/31/13
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/31/13
- productVSONIC GR07 MKIItagged by jacksonchansf, 3/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- IEM under $150 for Alternative Rock Last post on 3/10/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon EQ5 , Ety HF5 or Brainwavz B2? Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommend IEM's under $200 Similar to the Sony XBA-2 Last post on 11/30/12 at 6:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best sub $200 IEMs for Rock Music? Last post on 12/11/12 at 10:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for ~$170 for acoustical recordings. Help needed! (Vsonic GR07? UE Triplefi 10?) Last post on 10/14/12 at 10:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour. Introduction I am just another music fans in this world, I...
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
When you say buds, are you referring specifically to earbuds as in the type of thing that ships with ipods, or do you mean in-ear monitors?
EDIT: sorry, just noticed you mentioned noise isolation
Do you have any specific sound preferences? Preferences for rock music doesn't say very much.
Edited by thesuperguy - 3/26/13 at 8:13am
The Sony XB90EX, JVC FXZ100, UE TF10Pro, Klipsch Image X10 and Vsonic GR07 willbe great match for these music genres and all offers strong punchy bass, crisp clear mids, highs for different instruments(include guitars, drums) to shine.
Now I'm thinking I should purchase a pair of audiophile earphones for on-the-go listening, possibly in addition to a pair of cans. I'm looking for audiophile buds that cost $150 or less, have good noise isolation, and are good for listening to classic rock. Any suggestions would be great!
Anyways, strong clean bass, clear natural vocals, under 150 - does sound like either the IE800/BA200. And if you mind a loss in quantity (but still plenty clear) in bass, the A161P might even work out nicely. Can't use the PFE122 as a suggestion anymore as Phonak is indeed closing down, but maybe something like the GR07 or the UE700 (leaner note presentation, but rather clear and decently strong bass impact) as well.
Check out IJokerI's multi iem review thread if you haven't already. I've heard that Vsonic GR07 MK2, Fischer DBA-02, Audio Technica CK10 and Rockit Sounds R-50 all use the same drivers so they should sound very similar.
since he doesn't have as much experience with the "audiophile earphones" i think most that are recommended would not be appropriate. They are all fantastic earphones ofc (i own the gr07 be) but even the be version my friends listening to them thought they lacked bass, and they could really appreciate the fantastic extended treble and the excellent mids
all they said was that they sound like my dre tours but less bassy.
so i would point you to this link
its written by joker
if you are like the average consumers (which is what we're using as reference) you should probably look in the basshead or the warm and punchy section (those would probably have the QUANTITY of the bass you would be use to) as most consumer earphones are very very bassy, so most of the earphones listed above are fairly neutral/balenced (gr07 and the fischer dba) as listed in the link
if i had to recommend something(s)
velodyne vpulse- very very deep bass, relatively clear mids and nonfatiguing treble
jvc ha fxt90- for the more aggressive, fun sound, with actually strong bass, mids and treble (some find it a bit too aggressive, but i would imagine average consumers wouldn't find it harsh)
the shure se215- very smooth mids and punchy bass, treble is clear but rolled off pretty quickly but absolutely no fatigue, id like more treble extension ( but i prefer a very extended treble, which is fatiguing to many others) which is why i didn't up buying them (tried them so many times, sittign on the fence)
another one is the fxd80- amazingly punchy and deep bass, ridiculously clear mid range, but unnatural and recessed for my liking (more suited for electronic and less vocal based music, not that they sound bad, just not as good as my gr07 and re400 which is saying a lot) and a treble that is bright (a bit too bright for others) and well extended
if you want to start on something cheap first just see if you like the bassy sound (but not near the level of bass you'd probably use to)
the philips she3590- 13$- i had these for a long time and these punch way way above their weight, its ridiculous, clear mid range but recessed and an decently sparkly treble and of course a very deep bass no bloat
Edited by Tom22 - 2/21/14 at 7:23pm
- Audiophile buds?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Dorm Speakers & Amp Recommendation? Total under $200 23 seconds ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › The world of car accidents 6 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by daduy
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2