- 21 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productSennheiser HD 250 Linear IItagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productSony Pro MDR-7506 Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon D2000/5000/7000 replacement HEADBAND? Last post on 1/19/14 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon DXXXX price - Going up or down? Last post on 9/17/13 at 1:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good Headphones For Metal Last post on 12/24/12 at 11:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DENON AH-D600 replacement ear pads Last post on 12/23/13 at 8:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Which is your favorite "closed can" Over-the-Ear headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro. (250 ohms)
Great comfort, great isolation. They've got a fair bit of omph on the low frequencies. but not in a bad way. They're a very fun sounding pair of headphones that can be worn all day, without bugging other people in the same room.
Edited by myap2328 - 4/4/13 at 4:11pm
The Denon D2000 (punchy bass ,very detailed and improve with AMPing, fun to lsten), D600, Momentum and Signature Pro sound great for portable and home use.
The best performing full-size closed-back headphones that I have used so far are the Sennheiser HD250 Linear I and HD250 Linear II. The HD250I and HD250II are very close but with authentic Sennheiser pleather pads, I do feel that the HD250II performs slightly better due to further bass extension, a less forward treble and a more relaxed soundstage with slightly more natural instrument positioning. I do prefer the ER-4S In-Ear Monitors over both of these however.
- Which is your favorite "closed can" Over-the-Ear headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FiiO E18 Review 56 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › Best Tube Amp For dt990 pro 250 ohm and he 400 6 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 9 minutes ago
- › Need help/recs for closed headphones $250 or thereabout for... 10 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 12 minutes ago
- › Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014 14 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 15 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 15 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob