- 21 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productSennheiser HD 250 Linear IItagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productSony Pro MDR-7506 Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon D2000/5000/7000 replacement HEADBAND? Last post on 1/19/14 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon DXXXX price - Going up or down? Last post on 9/17/13 at 1:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good Headphones For Metal Last post on 12/24/12 at 11:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DENON AH-D600 replacement ear pads Last post on 12/23/13 at 8:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
I would like to acknowledge that I'm actually reviewing T51i model of these headphones - identical to T51p with addition of in-line remote/mic. I received these for review purpose from...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Which is your favorite "closed can" Over-the-Ear headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro. (250 ohms)
Great comfort, great isolation. They've got a fair bit of omph on the low frequencies. but not in a bad way. They're a very fun sounding pair of headphones that can be worn all day, without bugging other people in the same room.
Edited by myap2328 - 4/4/13 at 4:11pm
The Denon D2000 (punchy bass ,very detailed and improve with AMPing, fun to lsten), D600, Momentum and Signature Pro sound great for portable and home use.
The best performing full-size closed-back headphones that I have used so far are the Sennheiser HD250 Linear I and HD250 Linear II. The HD250I and HD250II are very close but with authentic Sennheiser pleather pads, I do feel that the HD250II performs slightly better due to further bass extension, a less forward treble and a more relaxed soundstage with slightly more natural instrument positioning. I do prefer the ER-4S In-Ear Monitors over both of these however.
- Which is your favorite "closed can" Over-the-Ear headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 53 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Neutrality for $200 or less 4 minutes ago
- › A headfi movie script I wrote in the HE500 thread a long time ago,... 4 minutes ago
- › Want to Buy the King Of IEM (best iem in the market) Noble Kaiser... 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan HE-560 Review 5 minutes ago
- › Why is the Sennheiser HD25-cable on the right (not left) side? 6 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 6 minutes ago
- › looking for an affordable bassy CIEM to replace my Dunu dn-1000 6 minutes ago
- › Want To Know Your Opinion About Getting 1000 $ IEM. 7 minutes ago
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › Sennheiser MM 450-X Wireless Bluetooth Headphones by Faber65
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob