- 8 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAiaiai TMA-1tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productJVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphonetagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productPioneer HDJ-1000 DJ Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productPioneer HDJ-1500- Blacktagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productPioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productPioneer HDJ-500K DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13More
- productSOL Republic Trackstagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productSony MDR-XB300 30mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/30/13
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Dubstep cans. (yes, another thread on dubstep) Last post on 10/25/12 at 12:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best Headphones for Rap/Hip-Hop/R&B around $180 Last post on 3/27/13 at 7:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can someone please recommend a newbie audiophile some cans? Last post on 6/27/12 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
looking for amazing sound headphones under 300.00
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Can you give us some more details about what you're looking for? If you're coming from Solos, I'm guessing you want closed-back and bass-heavy, but I could be wrong. If that's what you're looking for, you won't have to look hard for something that sounds better than the Solos. The best I can think of at that price for a basshead would be the Ultrasone Pro 900's. They've been discounted quite a bit recently, so you should be able to get one and remain within budget.
Well, Sony XB - 1000's. When i bought mine i had to get them directly from Sony for 300 dollars. But im sure you can find them at much cheaper price since they are now available in the US (assuming you are in the US lol) through Amazon.
They have bass, 70mm drivers. iirc, they are the biggest headphone drivers short of taping stereo speakers to your head. lol
Says they are no longer available which means they quit making them, and they have something newer (the new X series i dont like,,,). But, ive had them for over a year and they look just as good as they were when i first got them.
Edited by HE1RO - 3/24/13 at 9:30pm
V-MODA M-80 ($150-$200), Crossfade LP ($100)/LP2 ($180-$200), or M-100 ($300)
Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii ($200) Adidas HD 25 Originals ($250-$290)
AiAiAi TMA-1 ($200)
Sol Republic Tracks ($90-$100) or Tracks HD ($130)
Sony MDR-XB300 ($50) XB500 ($75) XB700 ($190) XB1000 ($290)
Audio Technica ATH M-50 ($125-$150)
Creative Aurvana Live! ($70)
Pioneer HDJ-500 ($80) HDJ-1000 ($140) HDJ-1500 ($135) HDJ-2000 ($210)
All prices based on current Amazon listings.
- looking for amazing sound headphones under 300.00
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › Let's Discuss Your Raspberry Pi Setups 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 vs Philips Fidelio X2 vs HiFiMAN HE400S vs AKG 712 Pro 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 9 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 11 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2