Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JH16 Pro Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JH16 Pro Impressions Thread - Page 9

post #121 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonckr View Post

I'm getting mine this week. Anyone got any burning in tips/tracks or thread i could refer to?


There are specialty files / cds for burning in speakers, but I never tried them.   I just play Beethoven symphony no. 3 on a repeating loop.  IMO any music that has a wide tonal range with plenty of bass and treble should work.  I give my burn in plenty of time, around 200 hours, 9-10 days.  This has worked for me in the past.  I'm a day or so into it with my JH 16 pros.

post #122 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico613 View Post


There are specialty files / cds for burning in speakers, but I never tried them.   I just play Beethoven symphony no. 3 on a repeating loop.  IMO any music that has a wide tonal range with plenty of bass and treble should work.  I give my burn in plenty of time, around 200 hours, 9-10 days.  This has worked for me in the past.  I'm a day or so into it with my JH 16 pros.

Thanks for the advise. Have you the name of these files?
post #123 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonckr View Post


Thanks for the advise. Have you the name of these files?

 

http://www.amazon.com/XLO-Reference-Test-Burn-In/dp/B0000015AL

post #124 of 608
Subbed, looking for a first pair of customs. And this thread is awesome, JH customers post nice photos :-)
post #125 of 608
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhone IEM View Post

Subbed, looking for a first pair of customs. And this thread is awesome, JH customers post nice photos :-)
It is all about the great subject matter...wink.gif
post #126 of 608

I'm pretty darn confident BA drivers don't need burn in. The cables may. :) This is what I experienced with the Westone ES5.

 

Just got the JH16 in. Ordered them four weeks ago. JH3A is backordered so they'll be coming in later. For now, just going to handle it with my iPhone. :P 

Let's see just how bassy this thing is. I wonder if I can get access to a non-freqphase version for some comparisons (will strive to get a seal).

 

I can probably make some comparisons to the ES5, Tralucent 1Plus2 (which I will be reviewing soon after I burn my JH16 cables in), and a UM 3DD soon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by Girls Generation - 7/25/13 at 9:05pm
post #127 of 608
Those look really nice!
post #128 of 608

I just wanted to show off my JH16 since I just got it back from Inearz

 

 

 

post #129 of 608

BAs Drivers don't burnin

But the Crossover does.

 

and cable also burn in (if you have faith...) I personally don't.

post #130 of 608

I'm waiting on my JH16's they should be here in the next 2 weeks.

 

I've been on the edge of getting upgraded cables or not and I think after reading this thread I will pick up some cables. I did notice a significant increase in sound quality when I switched from my old guitar patch cord to a 99.999% copper cable from planet waves. So  I wonder what a better cable will do for my JH16's...

 

Anyway I can't wait hear how these things sound. My friend has a pair of HD800's and LCD2's so I'm curious to see how a top tier CIEM compares to what is pretty much the bench mark for full size Headphones.

post #131 of 608

Benchmark? Don't get ahead of yourself now. :P

They're good but the in ears just don't compete with full sized cans in terms of visceralness, realism, imaging, and microdetail. IEMs do have their own benefits however. It's really Apples to Oranges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winegums View Post

I'm waiting on my JH16's they should be here in the next 2 weeks.

 

I've been on the edge of getting upgraded cables or not and I think after reading this thread I will pick up some cables. I did notice a significant increase in sound quality when I switched from my old guitar patch cord to a 99.999% copper cable from planet waves. So  I wonder what a better cable will do for my JH16's...

 

Anyway I can't wait hear how these things sound. My friend has a pair of HD800's and LCD2's so I'm curious to see how a top tier CIEM compares to what is pretty much the bench mark for full size Headphones.

post #132 of 608
Winegums is saying the headphones are the benchmarks, not the ciem
post #133 of 608

I never liked the sound of headphone cans for some reason.  There's just something off sq wise about it.

post #134 of 608

I didn't misunderstand him; his wording was pretty clear and I'm not illiterate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunlun View Post

Winegums is saying the headphones are the benchmarks, not the ciem
post #135 of 608

Sound quality wise? That's interesting... For me, IEMs sound too inside my head, and headphones don't fix this either. Only speakers sound natural and creates a musical ambiance for me, hence why I sold everything headphones and went with speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chengsta View Post

I never liked the sound of headphone cans for some reason.  There's just something off sq wise about it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JH16 Pro Impressions Thread