Mine was about 1/2 inch with a bite block. So far things are good.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 8/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- JH16Pro customs vs Roxanne universals Last post on 12/10/13 at 1:48am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Source for jh16fp Last post on 12/14/13 at 7:04am in Portable Source Gear
- Can we clean CIEM with a vacuum? Last post on 11/25/13 at 6:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What difference do number of drivers make in CIEMS? Last post on 11/18/13 at 10:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions about Nuforce Icon hdp for my JH16s. Last post on 11/8/13 at 5:06pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/17/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
The JH16 Pro Appreciation Thread - Page 18post #256 of 5358/17/13 at 6:49amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #257 of 5358/17/13 at 7:24ampost #258 of 5358/17/13 at 11:21ampost #259 of 5358/17/13 at 11:27amThread Starterpost #260 of 5358/17/13 at 6:53pm
My audiologist was arrogant, and it seems like most are, by the look of things. He told me I didn't need a bite block, and that jh audio was just being paranoid. I left my jaw loose though.
It all turned out fine, no fit issues but I didn't like his attitude.post #261 of 5358/17/13 at 11:25pm
My audiologist who took my impressions was an artist who owned CIEMs himself, who also experienced the lack of skill of many audiologists/technicians who did his molds. So now he practices and makes sure his clients get a perfect fit the first time.
Bite block is so that your jaws don't move.
As long as your audiologist knew what he was doing, it should be fine. Some inexperienced audiologists don't pack the silicone tightly enough and it makes for a looser fit.
Any kind of health practitioner who is arrogant should have their license taken away, imho...post #262 of 5358/17/13 at 11:37pm
I think the best advice is to follow the directions of the company making your CIEMS. Open mouth with a bite block is usually what's advised for acylic based CIEMS. Closed mouth and smaller bite blocks are often associated with silicone CIEMs.
Each individual's ear canals are different and the amount and type of deformation with jaw movement can vary.post #263 of 5358/18/13 at 4:55amQuote:
Exactly my opinion!
I had luck with my audiologist. He told me that he was a speaker engineer before he became a audiologist. He said that if I put the volume always to the max I will be back as a customer in several years but not for Custom-IEM...
I am going to order tomorrow ! I am facing problems with my credit card at the moment.post #264 of 5358/18/13 at 6:14amThread Starterpost #265 of 5358/18/13 at 5:35pm
Guys, need help choosing a cable for my jh16s.
Filtered down to:
1. Toxic cable - £155
2. HPL Audio - £130
Toxic has a wait period of 10 weeks...at least!! HPL are like 3 weeks.
Any input from guys that have experience with these cables would be great!!post #266 of 5358/18/13 at 5:55pm
I posted a separate thread for this question but should have just asked here...I just got my JH16's this weekend, I love them but notice a annoying suction/loud popping sound on my right ear. The sound does not really degrade but it's pretty common when I am moving and distracting. I notice when i look up with my mouth closed the same thing happens. My left canal tip seeps to be longer and I don't really have this issue though it does move a little. Do you think I should extend the canal tips or maybe just get a wider aperture so the seal is better. The popping does not happen when I put those comply strips around the aperture area so I am thinking that's what I should do.post #267 of 5358/18/13 at 7:55pmThread StarterQuote:
Toxic's are worth the wait....IMO they are the very best cables you can buy....However, they do require patience. Sometimes quite a bit of patience.
Edited by longbowbbs - 8/18/13 at 8:07pmpost #268 of 5358/18/13 at 8:48pm
I have HPL audio cables and they're amazing (I've also tried Toxic, and MANY other cables). TOTL quality with genuine OCC wires. Toxic is good too but 10 weeks is two and a half months. I'm also aware it's much longer than 10 weeks. However, 3 weeks is 3 weeks. Save some money and treat yourself to a nice dinner.
I don't think I can ever wait over 2 months for a cable, I had a hard time waiting 4 weeks for the JH16...
Make sure you buy from hplaudio.com.Quote:
Being a supremus, you should know better than to post things like this.
Edited by Girls Generation - 8/18/13 at 8:58pmpost #269 of 5358/18/13 at 9:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by chicagojammer
I posted a separate thread for this question but should have just asked here...I just got my JH16's this weekend, I love them but notice a annoying suction/loud popping sound on my right ear. The sound does not really degrade but it's pretty common when I am moving and distracting. I notice when i look up with my mouth closed the same thing happens. My left canal tip seeps to be longer and I don't really have this issue though it does move a little. Do you think I should extend the canal tips or maybe just get a wider aperture so the seal is better. The popping does not happen when I put those comply strips around the aperture area so I am thinking that's what I should do.
What you should do is contact JH and describe this issue to them, and send it back. :)post #270 of 5358/19/13 at 4:06amThread StarterQuote:
I do love my Toxic's....I have a set coming in for the HD800's too.....Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JH16 Pro Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread 5 seconds ago
- › Japan earthquake and tsunami! 36 seconds ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 49 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 16th 2013 and feature poll... 56 seconds ago
- › Help to REPAIR my love Grado RS2 2 minutes ago
- › Open headphones under $250. 2 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Help identifying an IC 3 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 4 minutes ago
- › Project Sunrise/PS2 Tube Rolling Thread (and maybe even Project... 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe