My current M-100 is my 2nd pair as my first pair was sent back due to a cracked wing plate. I never had comfort issues with my 1st pair, but with the pair I have now, my left ear has started to touch the inside of the driver. I don't know if this an earpad defect or a result of NYC's warmer weather patterns, but it is noticeable. I'm gonna swap out the gray M-100 pad for my white LP pads and see if that's the culprit.
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by System, 4/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- V-Moda Crossfade Wireless versus V-Moda M-100 - sound quality difference? Last post on 5/11/16 at 12:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I get the beats studio 2.0? Last post on 3/6/16 at 7:26pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- V-Moda M100 or Audio Technica ATH-M40X? Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Disappointed by bass in Sony MDR-1R's Last post on 5/28/15 at 12:07pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Closed Home Headphones with Bass? Last post on 2/12/15 at 9:33am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
So, I did a lot of reading when it came to this purchase, however, no amount of reviewing can objectively explain what you are actually going to hear when you plug them in - so I said 'screw it!'...
MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 – initial impressions Many thanks to @Tony-Hifi from HiFiHeadphones.co.uk for adding me to the UK tour for these earphones – the impressions below are based on the time I...
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
V-MODA M-100 - Comfortable, or not? - Page 2
Poll Results: Pretty self explanatory, do you find them comfortable or not? If you have owned or sampled these headphones, how would you rate them?
46% (46)Owned - Comfortable
32% (32)Owned - Not comfortable
5% (5)Tried them out - Comfortable
8% (8)Tried them out - Not comfortable
7% (7)Returned them due to comfort issues.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
can someone help me measure (or link me to) how deep the pads are? im having issues with headphones ive been buying (so far krk 8400 seem deep enough... m50 and ad900 both hurt after an hour )
dont wanna jump boat and buy one to find oout i hafto return them ;x
I want to say the pads protrude about 17mm from the plate that covers the driver measured at the edge. Please note, my pads have had extensive use, so they may be thinner than it did when I got it :p
When I measured my M100s, the earcup depth was only 14-15mm deep. My ears also only protrude out 15mm from my head.
I immediately noticed my ears touching the inner earcup as soon as I put them on. They became slightly irritating after 30 minutes, and very uncomfortable after 2-3 hours. I noticed if I wore them too much longer beyond that, the outer tips of my ear will turn red and I would also experience some pain.
I kept these headphones from the full 60 days, but the comfort did not improve very significantly after the first week. The clamping force did adjust after prolonged use, but the ears against the inner ear cup issue remained for me. I also noticed that there was a slight bit of variation of comfort levels between different headphones as my white M100 were slightly more comfortable than my black M100.
After doing a paper towel mod, the comfort did increased a decent amount, but I still could not wear these for a long period of time, so I ultimately decided against keeping them despite how much I loved them.
My ears aren't that big, I can fit mine inside the Sennheiser Momentum, so I guess I'm lucky that way.
For me the V-Moda M100 fit well. I do have glasses so that is something that sometimes prevents me from enjoying some headphones. The M100 though sat just right, I had enough space to feel comfortable and the clamping wasn't too hard. i think that most Sennheisers 500 something series clamp a lot more and take the 360 G4ME version, you have something that felt like a torture rack the first two weeks. Not the case for me with the V-Moda.
Overall, I would say that the M-100 are really nice and comfortable headphones.
My ears are about as protruding as they get. The new XL pads are great. But i noticed that the set I got had some QC issues where the right earpad's foam is a bit deformed in comparison to the left. Because of this, it doesn't have as much depth as the left and my ear still touches the grill. (i did the tp mod to the XL pads and this still happens if that gives you guys an idea of how much my ears protrude)
Not much i can do about this problem aside from ordering another set of XL pads and crossing my fingers... (budget is a bit tight right now).
But.. for the side where the earpads were good, great comfort, no real problems at all. For the side that it is "squished down" permanently, my ears touch the grill so i can't wear the m100's for too long.
The cans themselves are rather light imo. and clamping isn't too bad even though i made the cups as deep as possible.
Maybe i can reach out to val or someone at Vmoda about the XL pads. T_T
btw. if you are having fit problems try moving the cup a little lower and forward. thats how i got my left ear to fit haha.
Edited by Deviver - 3/14/14 at 7:53am
Just a quick question - did you experience the sound to change when you had the new XL cups? I bought the new XL cups since I have expereinced an increase in irritable ears over the years. So lately I have sold several headphones and the V-Moda I have gotten teh XL cushions for - but to me, the sound is now slightly more muffled and not as crisp. I feel that the sound is a bit more engaging with the standard cushions. This is of course not a very huge difference but just wondering if anyone else have experienced this.
For me, they're much more comfortable and fit better with the XL pads. I have small ears so with the stock pads there would be a gap between the back of the ear cup and my head. I think @miceblue posted a picture of this issue on another M-100 thread.
- V-MODA M-100 - Comfortable, or not?
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Mint Sennheiser HD-800 w/Stock Cable, Free Shipping 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 10 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 10 minutes ago
- › Best DAC for under 250€? 11 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 13 minutes ago
- › The Altmann Tera-Player - Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Vintage/Current R2R DAC Owners Discussion, Insight, and Review Thread 14 minutes ago
- › The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen |... 15 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by desperategraves
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...