My current M-100 is my 2nd pair as my first pair was sent back due to a cracked wing plate. I never had comfort issues with my 1st pair, but with the pair I have now, my left ear has started to touch the inside of the driver. I don't know if this an earpad defect or a result of NYC's warmer weather patterns, but it is noticeable. I'm gonna swap out the gray M-100 pad for my white LP pads and see if that's the culprit.
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by System, 4/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- V-Moda M100 or Audio Technica ATH-M40X? Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Disappointed by bass in Sony MDR-1R's Last post on 5/17/15 at 12:07am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Closed Home Headphones with Bass? Last post on 2/12/15 at 9:33am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for advice in choosing a new DAP Last post on 2/10/15 at 1:24pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DT 990 pro help Last post on 3/8/15 at 12:13am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
V-MODA M-100 - Comfortable, or not? - Page 2
Poll Results: Pretty self explanatory, do you find them comfortable or not? If you have owned or sampled these headphones, how would you rate them?
47% (40)Owned - Comfortable
32% (28)Owned - Not comfortable
3% (3)Tried them out - Comfortable
8% (7)Tried them out - Not comfortable
8% (7)Returned them due to comfort issues.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
can someone help me measure (or link me to) how deep the pads are? im having issues with headphones ive been buying (so far krk 8400 seem deep enough... m50 and ad900 both hurt after an hour )
dont wanna jump boat and buy one to find oout i hafto return them ;x
I want to say the pads protrude about 17mm from the plate that covers the driver measured at the edge. Please note, my pads have had extensive use, so they may be thinner than it did when I got it :p
When I measured my M100s, the earcup depth was only 14-15mm deep. My ears also only protrude out 15mm from my head.
I immediately noticed my ears touching the inner earcup as soon as I put them on. They became slightly irritating after 30 minutes, and very uncomfortable after 2-3 hours. I noticed if I wore them too much longer beyond that, the outer tips of my ear will turn red and I would also experience some pain.
I kept these headphones from the full 60 days, but the comfort did not improve very significantly after the first week. The clamping force did adjust after prolonged use, but the ears against the inner ear cup issue remained for me. I also noticed that there was a slight bit of variation of comfort levels between different headphones as my white M100 were slightly more comfortable than my black M100.
After doing a paper towel mod, the comfort did increased a decent amount, but I still could not wear these for a long period of time, so I ultimately decided against keeping them despite how much I loved them.
My ears aren't that big, I can fit mine inside the Sennheiser Momentum, so I guess I'm lucky that way.
For me the V-Moda M100 fit well. I do have glasses so that is something that sometimes prevents me from enjoying some headphones. The M100 though sat just right, I had enough space to feel comfortable and the clamping wasn't too hard. i think that most Sennheisers 500 something series clamp a lot more and take the 360 G4ME version, you have something that felt like a torture rack the first two weeks. Not the case for me with the V-Moda.
Overall, I would say that the M-100 are really nice and comfortable headphones.
My ears are about as protruding as they get. The new XL pads are great. But i noticed that the set I got had some QC issues where the right earpad's foam is a bit deformed in comparison to the left. Because of this, it doesn't have as much depth as the left and my ear still touches the grill. (i did the tp mod to the XL pads and this still happens if that gives you guys an idea of how much my ears protrude)
Not much i can do about this problem aside from ordering another set of XL pads and crossing my fingers... (budget is a bit tight right now).
But.. for the side where the earpads were good, great comfort, no real problems at all. For the side that it is "squished down" permanently, my ears touch the grill so i can't wear the m100's for too long.
The cans themselves are rather light imo. and clamping isn't too bad even though i made the cups as deep as possible.
Maybe i can reach out to val or someone at Vmoda about the XL pads. T_T
btw. if you are having fit problems try moving the cup a little lower and forward. thats how i got my left ear to fit haha.
Edited by Deviver - 3/14/14 at 7:53am
Just a quick question - did you experience the sound to change when you had the new XL cups? I bought the new XL cups since I have expereinced an increase in irritable ears over the years. So lately I have sold several headphones and the V-Moda I have gotten teh XL cushions for - but to me, the sound is now slightly more muffled and not as crisp. I feel that the sound is a bit more engaging with the standard cushions. This is of course not a very huge difference but just wondering if anyone else have experienced this.
- V-MODA M-100 - Comfortable, or not?
- › Why boosting 30 Hz by 30 dB sounds so good... 17 seconds ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 37 seconds ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Tube Rolling Guide 6SN7/6AS7G/6080/5998 2 minutes ago
- › Upgrading from ATH-M50 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 5 minutes ago
- › AudioValve LUMINARE & VERTO : for Stax headphones and for all... 5 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 7 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 11 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2