My current M-100 is my 2nd pair as my first pair was sent back due to a cracked wing plate. I never had comfort issues with my 1st pair, but with the pair I have now, my left ear has started to touch the inside of the driver. I don't know if this an earpad defect or a result of NYC's warmer weather patterns, but it is noticeable. I'm gonna swap out the gray M-100 pad for my white LP pads and see if that's the culprit.
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by System, 4/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- The best headphones that give you a real fun experience when listening to music... Last post on 10/6/14 at 8:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- best portable amp for v-moda 100's Last post on 9/25/14 at 9:28am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Can you guys help me choose between these headphones? Last post on 9/21/14 at 1:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Help - Over Ear headphones Last post on 9/29/14 at 9:10am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-560 VS Vmoda M100 Last post on 9/18/14 at 1:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in MEdia Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAS -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
V-MODA M-100 - Comfortable, or not? - Page 2
Poll Results: Pretty self explanatory, do you find them comfortable or not? If you have owned or sampled these headphones, how would you rate them?
47% (38)Owned - Comfortable
35% (28)Owned - Not comfortable
2% (2)Tried them out - Comfortable
6% (5)Tried them out - Not comfortable
8% (7)Returned them due to comfort issues.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
can someone help me measure (or link me to) how deep the pads are? im having issues with headphones ive been buying (so far krk 8400 seem deep enough... m50 and ad900 both hurt after an hour )
dont wanna jump boat and buy one to find oout i hafto return them ;x
I want to say the pads protrude about 17mm from the plate that covers the driver measured at the edge. Please note, my pads have had extensive use, so they may be thinner than it did when I got it :p
When I measured my M100s, the earcup depth was only 14-15mm deep. My ears also only protrude out 15mm from my head.
I immediately noticed my ears touching the inner earcup as soon as I put them on. They became slightly irritating after 30 minutes, and very uncomfortable after 2-3 hours. I noticed if I wore them too much longer beyond that, the outer tips of my ear will turn red and I would also experience some pain.
I kept these headphones from the full 60 days, but the comfort did not improve very significantly after the first week. The clamping force did adjust after prolonged use, but the ears against the inner ear cup issue remained for me. I also noticed that there was a slight bit of variation of comfort levels between different headphones as my white M100 were slightly more comfortable than my black M100.
After doing a paper towel mod, the comfort did increased a decent amount, but I still could not wear these for a long period of time, so I ultimately decided against keeping them despite how much I loved them.
My ears aren't that big, I can fit mine inside the Sennheiser Momentum, so I guess I'm lucky that way.
For me the V-Moda M100 fit well. I do have glasses so that is something that sometimes prevents me from enjoying some headphones. The M100 though sat just right, I had enough space to feel comfortable and the clamping wasn't too hard. i think that most Sennheisers 500 something series clamp a lot more and take the 360 G4ME version, you have something that felt like a torture rack the first two weeks. Not the case for me with the V-Moda.
Overall, I would say that the M-100 are really nice and comfortable headphones.
My ears are about as protruding as they get. The new XL pads are great. But i noticed that the set I got had some QC issues where the right earpad's foam is a bit deformed in comparison to the left. Because of this, it doesn't have as much depth as the left and my ear still touches the grill. (i did the tp mod to the XL pads and this still happens if that gives you guys an idea of how much my ears protrude)
Not much i can do about this problem aside from ordering another set of XL pads and crossing my fingers... (budget is a bit tight right now).
But.. for the side where the earpads were good, great comfort, no real problems at all. For the side that it is "squished down" permanently, my ears touch the grill so i can't wear the m100's for too long.
The cans themselves are rather light imo. and clamping isn't too bad even though i made the cups as deep as possible.
Maybe i can reach out to val or someone at Vmoda about the XL pads. T_T
btw. if you are having fit problems try moving the cup a little lower and forward. thats how i got my left ear to fit haha.
Edited by Deviver - 3/14/14 at 7:53am
- V-MODA M-100 - Comfortable, or not?
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II just now
- › IHIFI 760 + NEW 770 (lucky pg#13) : From makers of the 812V2 / 960 8 seconds ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 13 seconds ago
- › [Poor Man Reviews] Dunu's DN-2000 28 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100 (VTF-100) One of the first 150 ever sold, with a bunch... 32 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 38 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 41 seconds ago
- › Looking for an upgrade from HD555 47 seconds ago
- › Let's get this thing started - Introductions 1 minute ago
- › IEM FR vs Full size 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)