My current M-100 is my 2nd pair as my first pair was sent back due to a cracked wing plate. I never had comfort issues with my 1st pair, but with the pair I have now, my left ear has started to touch the inside of the driver. I don't know if this an earpad defect or a result of NYC's warmer weather patterns, but it is noticeable. I'm gonna swap out the gray M-100 pad for my white LP pads and see if that's the culprit.
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by System, 4/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- V moda m-100 Shadow vs White Last post on 11/23/14 at 9:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- NAD Viso HP50 versus V-MODA M100. Last post on 11/20/14 at 5:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can someone please bless me with the news of a possible upcoming Black Friday deal for a very... Last post on 11/18/14 at 1:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda M100 or Beats Solo 2 Last post on 10/31/14 at 11:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- How do you define which headphones are most "genre specific"? Last post on 10/8/14 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Hi guys, this is my first post and my first review, please consider too that I am not a native speaker, neither an audiophile. Right now I own a useless Fiio X3, its battery died and I have...
I'm not sure if this is the same model I got with my iPhone 4s or not. There have been tons of different models of these buds released for different i-devices. The ones that I received with my 4s...
I barely used them... got one pair and a few months later the left earpiece started cutting sound. The retail shop opened them and did a messy job, were working and then stopped. Got a 2nd pair,...
Wow...these cans seem to generate a lot of passion! Mr. Tech Agent's review below is a pretty tough act to follow, but I will try. 1st a quote from the literature that comes with the HD 650's:...
Final Audio Adagio III Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/744122/final-audio-adagio-iii-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Oh god,...
V-MODA M-100 - Comfortable, or not? - Page 2
Poll Results: Pretty self explanatory, do you find them comfortable or not? If you have owned or sampled these headphones, how would you rate them?
46% (38)Owned - Comfortable
34% (28)Owned - Not comfortable
2% (2)Tried them out - Comfortable
7% (6)Tried them out - Not comfortable
8% (7)Returned them due to comfort issues.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
can someone help me measure (or link me to) how deep the pads are? im having issues with headphones ive been buying (so far krk 8400 seem deep enough... m50 and ad900 both hurt after an hour )
dont wanna jump boat and buy one to find oout i hafto return them ;x
I want to say the pads protrude about 17mm from the plate that covers the driver measured at the edge. Please note, my pads have had extensive use, so they may be thinner than it did when I got it :p
When I measured my M100s, the earcup depth was only 14-15mm deep. My ears also only protrude out 15mm from my head.
I immediately noticed my ears touching the inner earcup as soon as I put them on. They became slightly irritating after 30 minutes, and very uncomfortable after 2-3 hours. I noticed if I wore them too much longer beyond that, the outer tips of my ear will turn red and I would also experience some pain.
I kept these headphones from the full 60 days, but the comfort did not improve very significantly after the first week. The clamping force did adjust after prolonged use, but the ears against the inner ear cup issue remained for me. I also noticed that there was a slight bit of variation of comfort levels between different headphones as my white M100 were slightly more comfortable than my black M100.
After doing a paper towel mod, the comfort did increased a decent amount, but I still could not wear these for a long period of time, so I ultimately decided against keeping them despite how much I loved them.
My ears aren't that big, I can fit mine inside the Sennheiser Momentum, so I guess I'm lucky that way.
For me the V-Moda M100 fit well. I do have glasses so that is something that sometimes prevents me from enjoying some headphones. The M100 though sat just right, I had enough space to feel comfortable and the clamping wasn't too hard. i think that most Sennheisers 500 something series clamp a lot more and take the 360 G4ME version, you have something that felt like a torture rack the first two weeks. Not the case for me with the V-Moda.
Overall, I would say that the M-100 are really nice and comfortable headphones.
My ears are about as protruding as they get. The new XL pads are great. But i noticed that the set I got had some QC issues where the right earpad's foam is a bit deformed in comparison to the left. Because of this, it doesn't have as much depth as the left and my ear still touches the grill. (i did the tp mod to the XL pads and this still happens if that gives you guys an idea of how much my ears protrude)
Not much i can do about this problem aside from ordering another set of XL pads and crossing my fingers... (budget is a bit tight right now).
But.. for the side where the earpads were good, great comfort, no real problems at all. For the side that it is "squished down" permanently, my ears touch the grill so i can't wear the m100's for too long.
The cans themselves are rather light imo. and clamping isn't too bad even though i made the cups as deep as possible.
Maybe i can reach out to val or someone at Vmoda about the XL pads. T_T
btw. if you are having fit problems try moving the cup a little lower and forward. thats how i got my left ear to fit haha.
Edited by Deviver - 3/14/14 at 7:53am
- V-MODA M-100 - Comfortable, or not?
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 15 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 31 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1) 3 minutes ago
- › New User :D Looking for recommendations on equipment for desktop... 3 minutes ago
- › For Sale: Meier-Audio Corda Concerto headphone amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › Time to upgrade again 4 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by yialanliu
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by 10shot9miss
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by Arturoo123
- › Apple iPod Earphones Headphones for iPod Nano, Touch & Classic by GoldenGuy66
- › Shure SE215 by damianmb
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Willy 2 Streams
- › Final Audio Design Adagio III by mark2410
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)