New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

6/22/13 Denver Colorado Summer Meet - Page 6  

post #76 of 91

mrfcpa, I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds like you were standing up to a sicko though. If anyone has got one, I'd love to hear the JDS Labs cMoyBB, especially with the Pro 900.

post #77 of 91
Thread Starter 

Attendee list updated to post #75.

 

I received the Paradox-modded T50rp today, so those will definitely be at the meet. The Audio-Technica AD2000X that I ordered also cleared customs today, so I can say with 100% certainty that those will arrive in time too.

 

Btw, I recommend bringing a camera (for those who own one) to take pictures for the meet impressions thread that will be posted after the meet. I don't want to be the only one who's going to post pictures! tongue.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahzim View Post
Hi, nice to see someone else on here from New Mexico. I'm in the same boat. I've never been to a meetup before or any high end audio shop, it looks like this meet is the closest one around coming from New Mexico. Long way considering I'm near Las Cruces, I'm tempted but don't think I can manage that much driving on short notice. I just logged on today and saw this meet.

 

Have you ever seen any meets in New Mexico? 

 

If you can't make it on Saturday, I suggest planning ahead for CanJam@RMAF '13: http://audiofest.net/new/

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfcpa View Post
I'm sorry, but I have to bow out of the meet. I lost my job because I refused to tolerate an employee bragging about wanting his "hot daughter". I guess I'm wrong, that's what i was told about not liking such comments, but I think that is sick behavior. Anyway, I have a chance for some part-time work on Saturday and better take it.

 

Sorry to hear that, hope things turn around for you soon!


Edited by Asr - 6/17/13 at 9:02pm
post #78 of 91

I think I can make it, as long as I don't get lost on I-25/I-70.

 

Will bring:

* EarSonic SM3 v1 IEM (the older clear shell version);

-- Driven by a uPA (micro-power amp, single low voltage tube, transformer-output),

-- Signal from a DIY-modded Gen-5 iPod

 

* First generation BeyerDynamic 990 (600 ohm version, all plastic type), silver/copper recabled

* Yuin PK1

-- Driven by a HCC86 DIY Hybrid amp (low voltage),

-- Signal from a..... not sure what CD player, I will find one to bring to the meet.

 

 

* HeAudio Jade electrostatic, just in case anybody wonder what it sounds like. Recabled to silver.

* Koss ESP950 electrostatic.

* Stax SRX-III

-- Driven by a modded Stax SRM-1 (not the SRM-1MK2, totally different animal).


Edited by AudioCats - 6/18/13 at 7:20pm
post #79 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioCats View Post

I think I can make it, as long as I don't get lost on I-25/I-70.

 

Will bring:

* EarSonic SM3 v1 IEM (the older clear shell version);

-- Driven by a uPA (micro-power amp, single low voltage tube, transformer-output),

-- Signal from a DIY-modded Gen-5 iPod

 

* First generation BeyerDynamic 990 (600 ohm version, all plastic type), silver/copper recabled

* Yuin PK1

-- Driven by a HCC86 DIY Hybrid amp (low voltage),

-- Signal from a..... not sure what CD player, I will find one to bring to the meet.

 

 

* HeAudio Jade electrostatic, just in case anybody wonder what it sounds like. Recabled to silver.

* Koss ESP950 electrostatic.

* Stax SRX-III

-- Driven by a modded Stax SRM-1 (not the SRM-1MK2, totally different animal).

 

I'd love to hear the PK-1s.  I have PK-3s and DT-880s.  I can bring those for comparison.  I like to use earbuds at work because they are easy to remove for visitors and comfortable with glasses.

 

On a more general note, I'm planning to be there, but I'll be late.  I've had a brutal couple of weeks at work and still have lots to do this week, so I won't be up early on Saturday.

 

Cheers,

 

Harley.

post #80 of 91

Sorry to say I'm not going to make it this weekend.

 

With the recent heat wave and destructive fires in the state, I need to take advantage of the Neighborhood Slash Day hosted nearby on Saturday to continue mitigating my property. Hope everyone has a good time, and with luck we'll meet at CanJam or another event in the near future.

 

Ben

post #81 of 91
Thread Starter 

Too bad you won't be at the meet, but take care out there. It's supposed to be hot again this weekend, 90+!

post #82 of 91

Though I've been kinda MIA around here lately, I plan to come.

What I plan to bring:

Maverick Audio D1 w/ GE5670w tube

LittleDot 1+ w/ Mullard CV4010 tubes

digiZoid ZO 2.3

Fiio E6

Re-cabled Senn 580 w/ 600 grilles

Sony XB700

V-moda M80

AKG K422

I'll also try to bring my iMac, since it's the best source I have with a digital out.

 

Can't wait to hear some interesting headphones and gear, it should be a great time!

post #83 of 91

I am confirming attendance.

 


I will be bringing:

 

Mac Mini

Audirvana Plus

Blue Circle BC-509

Audiophilio 2

Tube Headphone amp

Beyer DT-880 600 ohm

 

Can't wait to see all my old friends and meet new ones.
 

post #84 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkoolaidman View Post

Though I've been kinda MIA around here lately, I plan to come.

What I plan to bring:

Maverick Audio D1 w/ GE5670w tube

LittleDot 1+ w/ Mullard CV4010 tubes

digiZoid ZO 2.3

Fiio E6

Re-cabled Senn 580 w/ 600 grilles

Sony XB700

V-moda M80

AKG K422

I'll also try to bring my iMac, since it's the best source I have with a digital out.

 

Can't wait to hear some interesting headphones and gear, it should be a great time!

 



I'll be coming with lilkoolaidman (Doug). I am looking forward to hearing some new equipment and seeing everyone again! Not totally sure what equipment of my own I will be bringing, but it will at least be inclusive of:

 

LCD-2 rev. 2

Audinst HUD-mx1

Matrix M-Stage

 

 

See you all on Saturday!

post #85 of 91

I'll be there in spirit, friends!  Good to see the age old tradition of blowout Colorado meets is still going.  

post #86 of 91
Thread Starter 

Everything is all up to date, see everyone tomorrow!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
I'll be there in spirit, friends!  Good to see the age old tradition of blowout Colorado meets is still going.  

 

Thanks Tyler, and I'll drink a spirit to you. wink.gif

post #87 of 91

I know it is a little late but if anyone has a Denon D600 I would love to hear it. I checked the thread but I didn't see any evidence of one being there.

post #88 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post

I'll be there in spirit, friends!  Good to see the age old tradition of blowout Colorado meets is still going.  

Hey there Sherwood.  I hope your adventures are treating you well.

 

A bit off-topic, but I had the Druid Credenzas that I got from you upgraded by Zu Audio.  They have Druid 5 full range, Soul Superfly tweeters, ClarityCaps, and Quietcoat.  They now have even better tone, more "layers" to the sound, and they did matched drivers down to point something percent, so the imaging is great too.

 

On the topic of the meet, I'm getting ready now, will be there after I pack my stuff and drive.

 

Cheers,

 

Harley.

post #89 of 91

I forgot that I had another commitment this morning so I will try to get to the meet as soon as I can , around 12:30.

post #90 of 91

I was prompted to go ahead and start the impression thread. 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/669358/denver-2013-impression-thread

 

Great meeting you all. 

 

James

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked