New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

6/22/13 Denver Colorado Summer Meet - Page 3  

post #31 of 91
You're asking for a list of gear we'd like to hear?

I'd love to hear varieties of the Fostex T50RP (Mad Dogs, Paradox, etc.)
HE-500
AT AD2000X
Fischer Audio FA-011
HD600/650
Beyerdynamics DT880 in a variety of favors (to hear the impedance difference)

High end cables vs stock
Recapped vs uncapped vintage receiver
Aune T1 with a variety of tubes

(I know some of my requests are unrealistic but you asked.)
post #32 of 91
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCabDaddy View Post
You're asking for a list of gear we'd like to hear?

 

Actually I meant a single-item request per person, not a list. And something sold by one of the well-known MOTs active on Head-Fi, whether a sponsor or not, like HeadAmp, Schiit, TTVJ/Moon Audio, etc (but excluding Audio-Technica for example as they're not active on Head-Fi, plus the AD2KX isn't even imported into the USA). Sorry if that was vague. HeadAmp will likely be bringing an HE-500 btw.

 

If you could single out the one thing you want to listen to most based on the criteria just set, I could try my best to acquire a loan for the meet.

post #33 of 91

Hope to be able to attend this event. If I can, I'll bring along the following:

 

Grace m903

Eddie Current Super 7

HD800

LCD-3

AKG K550

Sennheiser Momentum

post #34 of 91

I might come, if I do I can bring -

 

Alessandro MS-PRO

Cavalli EHHA

AKG K501

 

though I don't really have any sources I can bring save for a Technics 1200MK2 with cambridge phono stage..

post #35 of 91
Thread Starter 

Attendance list has been updated to include the latest posts. Btw, if any of the people marked "tentative" have since firmed up, please let me know. Just 3 more weeks to go until the meet!

 

I've also since requested a pair of the Paradox-modded Fostex T50rp, so this meet will be a good opportunity for those who'd like to compare the Paradox to the MrSpeakers Mad Dog.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arteom View Post
though I don't really have any sources I can bring save for a Technics 1200MK2 with cambridge phono stage..

 

Hope you can make it, and if you need a source I can bring an extra CD player for you to use - my Arcam FMJ CD36, which I might be bringing anyway to set up a 2nd system with the Burson Soloist.


Edited by Asr - 5/31/13 at 11:12pm
post #36 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by arteom View Post

I might come, if I do I can bring -

 

Alessandro MS-PRO

Cavalli EHHA

AKG K501

 

though I don't really have any sources I can bring save for a Technics 1200MK2 with cambridge phono stage..


I'd love to hear the EHHA again.  I heard Wiatrob's balanced EHHA a couple of years ago and was very impressed by it.  And having a turntable there would actually be fun.

post #37 of 91

I have never attended anything like this but am interested in going. 

 

My main concern is that my set-up revolves around my desktop computer, I do not own a laptop. So I do not really have a proper source to bring for my set-up. I have a LOD to RCA cable, 3.5mm to RCA cable, and a USB DAC so I guess people could connect their own DAP or Laptop even to my amp but I am not sure if that is common practice or worth it. Or I could just have my own iPod connected to my amp of course, although that limits what I can do with other people's systems.

 

I could potentially bring KingRex UD384+UPower>Burson Soloist> T1, D7000, K340, K501, AD1000, PRO700MK2ANV 

 

Should I go? What should I bring? Any advice for someone with no experience with this? Thanks

post #38 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gneiss View Post

I have never attended anything like this but am interested in going. 

 

My main concern is that my set-up revolves around my desktop computer, I do not own a laptop. So I do not really have a proper source to bring for my set-up. I have a LOD to RCA cable, 3.5mm to RCA cable, and a USB DAC so I guess people could connect their own DAP or Laptop even to my amp but I am not sure if that is common practice or worth it. Or I could just have my own iPod connected to my amp of course, although that limits what I can do with other people's systems.

 

I could potentially bring KingRex UD384+UPower>Burson Soloist> T1, D7000, K340, K501, AD1000, PRO700MK2ANV 

 

Should I go? What should I bring? Any advice for someone with no experience with this? Thanks

Go to listen and meet some Head-Fier's if you can't bring anything!

 

I'm still gonna try and make it. I could bring a spare laptop for you.

post #39 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gneiss View Post


I could potentially bring KingRex UD384+UPower>Burson Soloist> T1, D7000, K340, K501, AD1000, PRO700MK2ANV 

Should I go? What should I bring? Any advice for someone with no experience with this? Thanks

I'd really like to hear a pair of 340's, I might also bring my sextetts as well. I'm really going to try and make it, going to be marking my calendar.
post #40 of 91
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gneiss View Post
I have never attended anything like this but am interested in going. 

 

My main concern is that my set-up revolves around my desktop computer, I do not own a laptop. So I do not really have a proper source to bring for my set-up. I have a LOD to RCA cable, 3.5mm to RCA cable, and a USB DAC so I guess people could connect their own DAP or Laptop even to my amp but I am not sure if that is common practice or worth it. Or I could just have my own iPod connected to my amp of course, although that limits what I can do with other people's systems.

 

I could potentially bring KingRex UD384+UPower>Burson Soloist> T1, D7000, K340, K501, AD1000, PRO700MK2ANV 

 

Should I go? What should I bring? Any advice for someone with no experience with this? Thanks

 

If nothing else, I'd recommend at least bringing 1-2 of your favorite headphones so you can hear them on a variety of setups.

 

As far as a desktop PC, I've seen people bring desktop PCs to meets before. Though if yours is big & heavy, I can understand if you don't want to transport it. If you need a source, I can bring a CD player (mentioned above). I'll have a variety of music CDs available but more would definitely be appreciated if you have any. I'd offer my laptop but since it can be complicated setting up software & settings (especially in Windows, not sure which OS you're using), that'd probably be more trouble than it's worth.

 

Meets are great opportunities to try out other people's (and vendor) gear so just come for that if nothing else. And don't forget to mingle and ask questions either, since most Head-Fiers are friendly and knowledgeable.

 

Here's the impressions thread from the last meet in 2010 so you can get an idea of the layout: http://www.head-fi.org/t/507317/8-14-10-denver-co-summer-meet-impressions

post #41 of 91

Thanks for all of the advice. There is no way I am bringing my desktop though, it is bigger than any luggage I own. 

 

You can count me in.

post #42 of 91
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gneiss View Post
Thanks for all of the advice. There is no way I am bringing my desktop though, it is bigger than any luggage I own. 

 

You can count me in.

 

Added you to the list, and I'd like to hear your K340 too actually. Those should be very well-amped by my HeadAmp GS-X MK2. The D7000 is another headphone I'd like to check out if you wouldn't mind bringing it - it's been said to be similar-sounding to the Fostex TH900.

 

The T1 and K501 would probably be interesting for you to hear on the GS-X MK2, as those are hard-to-drive headphones that would benefit from it over the Soloist. If you could let me know what music you listen to, I probably own at least one CD that you'd be familiar with that I could bring. (Or alternately you could burn a CD with your favorite tracks for playback on my system.)

post #43 of 91

Bringing my own CDs will not be a problem, but thank you for the offer. 

 

So if no one is very interested in it I will not bring the AD1000 as I do not listen to it so much and it not the easiest to move about, compared to some of my other headphones which come with cases. Although let me know if someone does want to hear the AD1000.

post #44 of 91

Do you have any space left? Put me down as a maybe. I can bring:

 

HD650

Pro 900

Q701 (unless it sells before the 22nd)

Fiio E7

JDS odac

Bottlehead Crack (as long as I finish it in time)

 

Hope I can make this!

post #45 of 91
Hi everyone, I'm beginning audiophile headphone expert in CO, this event is really impressive to me. I highly want to attend an event.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked