POST-MEET UPDATE: Impressions thread is here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/669358/denver-2013-impression-thread
It's been a while since the last Head-Fi meet in Colorado and I thought I'd organize one for this year. Would like to encourage all local Head-Fiers to attend or anyone else afar that would like to!
Location is the same hotel as the last two Colorado meets (2009 & 2010) that I organized and we'll even have the same conference room as before, but half the space - just 1 room. I always thought having 2 rooms was a bit overkill for the number of people we had. For Head-Fiers who've attended in the past, please note that the hotel has a new name and is no longer branded as a Red Lion.
LOCATION: Doubletree Denver Stapleton North (formerly the Red Lion), Aspen 3A
- Hotel Web site link: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North
- Hotel address: 4040 Quebec St in Denver, 80216 (Stapleton area)
DATE: Saturday, June 22, 2013
TIME: 10 AM - 5 PM (room must be cleared by 6 PM)
COST: $10-$20 donations are requested to help cover the cost of the room but not required to attend. Any overages will be given back to Head-Fi. Bring extra cash for the auction (mentioned below) if you want to bid on a new pair of IEMs though!
POWER: main-line power strips and extension cords will be supplied, please bring enough power equipment for your own system though.
LUNCH/FOOD: Please note that the hotel will not allow any food inside the meeting room. For those who might want to make a "lunch rush" and are unfamiliar with the area, there's a Qdoba up the road across I-70 in the Northfield shopping area, and a Smashburger, Panera, & Subway just down the road on Quebec St (just giving some ideas).
MISC: This thread will be followed up with an "Impressions" thread later (after the meet) where everyone is encouraged to share their impressions (about the event in general, specific gear, etc).
All MOTs/vendors are welcome to attend or send out gear, please leave a post or send me a PM.
FYI for Meet Newbies:
- For those who've never attended a meet before, please refer to Siburning's Meet FAQ at the bottom of this Web page (start at "What's a Meet?"): Head-Fi Official NYC Annual Spring Meet Saturday, March 21, 2009--Gear List
- To add to Siburning's Meet FAQ, I'd also add this recommendation: bring your own music, be it CDs, a USB flash drive, or a portable DAP.
- HeadAmp (justin w.): Pico Power, Blue Hawaii SE & Stax
- Westone (Rachelle): UM1, UM2RC, UM3XRC, W1, W2, W3, W4R, Adventure Series - Mic capability (new for 2013), & ES5 universal demo
There will be an auction at the meet, in the same "No So Silent" style as the NYC meets! HeadAmp will be donating two pairs of the HiFiMan RE-400 and Westone is also throwing in two pairs of their brand-new Adventure Series IEM! Bring extra cash if you want to go home with any one of these IEMs! The auction will be held at 1:30 PM.
Sign up by leaving a post in this thread. Feel free to attend whether or not you have equipment to bring, the more the better! Friends or significant others are welcome too but please mention how many +1s.
Capacity of the room is 35 people so I have to set a limit at 35.
- Hi Rez
- paradoxper (tentative)
Here's what I'll be bringing as part of my own system:
- Fostex TH900, Audio-Technica AD2000 & AD2000X, HiFiMan HE-400, MrSpeakers Mad Dog 3.2, & Paradox-modded T50rp
- HeadAmp GS-X MK2
- Plinius CD-101
New sign-ups: please post what equipment you'll be bringing. Note: complete systems tend to be more convenient to listen to than assorted headphones.
Edited by Asr - 6/23/13 at 11:02pm