Yes we do have statutory rights in the UK but you can only return an item if its faulty, broken or not as described. If you change your mind its up to the goodwill of the shop entirely.
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by nightmancometh, 12/22/14
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by nightmancometh, 12/22/14
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by nightmancometh, 12/22/14
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/22/14
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by nightmancometh, 12/22/14
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones Newspaper Article (ATH-M50 vs. Beats Studio) Last post on 9/18/12 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- A True Test by Musician... ATH-M50 vs SR60i vs HD280 vs MDR-V6 vs SRH440, vs ??? Last post on 10/5/13 at 2:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones plus Amp/DAC combo < 350 $ Last post on 11/21/10 at 10:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Headphone ~100$ (without AMP) Last post on 11/14/10 at 5:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for bus/train commuting (No M50's!) Last post on 10/24/10 at 7:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour. Introduction I am just another music fans in this world, I...
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
Classical Music Listener: Please Help Me Find a Pair of Cans. - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes, it's about the same in Oz. The US seems to be unique in regard to the swapping of headphones back and forth, which in any case seems kind of bizzare to me (I would have said unhygienic, but no doubt that issue is adequately addressed).
I know, let's all move to the US. Coming over, guys!
You might also like to add to your list and have a listen to the Fostex T50RP's. In their stock form they are surprisingly good for their modest cost ($100), especially second hand. If you are inclined you can modify them to improve their overall sound quality and performance but recommend you use them with a headphone amplifier of some kind to maximise performance
i am using the software "audirvarna" on my macAir...at least 4gb ram on board recommended.
The improved clarity is like a gear-upgrade. :)
udac-2 ....hmmm wasnt really impressed with it..
i would go with the nuforce HD/or HDP ( if u dun mind the power adaptor :P )
or a v convenient n portable dacportLX...this cigar has more than enough power for the 880.
Any free software alternative? Everything for mac seems to be shareware.
The 250ohm version is probably the one on the books. The 32 ohm version doesn't seem to perform quite as well (according to reviews, that is)...
To all who have posted into this thread:
I would really like to thank you for the help you've given me; I appreciate it.
I am sorry that I couldn't respond to each and everyone of you; I don't have the knowledge or experience to make thoughtful replies or suggestions.
Here's where my setup currently stands:
Headphones: Beyer DT880 250 ohm.
Software: ? (VLC for FLAC?, something else?)
Do I need a separate amp if I get a dac? I've taken a look at the dacs recommended in this thread; they're all more expensive than the headphones. What's a reasonable classical-music-oriented dac for around $200 (used market works)? As of right now, I think it would be hard for me to pay above $200 for a dac/amp combo.
- Classical Music Listener: Please Help Me Find a Pair of Cans.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Final Audio Design FAD Piano Forte VIII PF8 MINT FINAL REDUCTION! 16 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 47 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP 1 minute ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by daduy
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2