Yes we do have statutory rights in the UK but you can only return an item if its faulty, broken or not as described. If you change your mind its up to the goodwill of the shop entirely.
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by nightmancometh, 12/22/14
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by nightmancometh, 12/22/14
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by nightmancometh, 12/22/14
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/22/14
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by nightmancometh, 12/22/14
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones Newspaper Article (ATH-M50 vs. Beats Studio) Last post on 9/18/12 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- A True Test by Musician... ATH-M50 vs SR60i vs HD280 vs MDR-V6 vs SRH440, vs ??? Last post on 10/5/13 at 2:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones plus Amp/DAC combo < 350 $ Last post on 11/21/10 at 10:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Headphone ~100$ (without AMP) Last post on 11/14/10 at 5:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for bus/train commuting (No M50's!) Last post on 10/24/10 at 7:38am in Headphones (full-size)
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Classical Music Listener: Please Help Me Find a Pair of Cans. - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes, it's about the same in Oz. The US seems to be unique in regard to the swapping of headphones back and forth, which in any case seems kind of bizzare to me (I would have said unhygienic, but no doubt that issue is adequately addressed).
I know, let's all move to the US. Coming over, guys!
You might also like to add to your list and have a listen to the Fostex T50RP's. In their stock form they are surprisingly good for their modest cost ($100), especially second hand. If you are inclined you can modify them to improve their overall sound quality and performance but recommend you use them with a headphone amplifier of some kind to maximise performance
i am using the software "audirvarna" on my macAir...at least 4gb ram on board recommended.
The improved clarity is like a gear-upgrade. :)
udac-2 ....hmmm wasnt really impressed with it..
i would go with the nuforce HD/or HDP ( if u dun mind the power adaptor :P )
or a v convenient n portable dacportLX...this cigar has more than enough power for the 880.
Any free software alternative? Everything for mac seems to be shareware.
The 250ohm version is probably the one on the books. The 32 ohm version doesn't seem to perform quite as well (according to reviews, that is)...
To all who have posted into this thread:
I would really like to thank you for the help you've given me; I appreciate it.
I am sorry that I couldn't respond to each and everyone of you; I don't have the knowledge or experience to make thoughtful replies or suggestions.
Here's where my setup currently stands:
Headphones: Beyer DT880 250 ohm.
Software: ? (VLC for FLAC?, something else?)
Do I need a separate amp if I get a dac? I've taken a look at the dacs recommended in this thread; they're all more expensive than the headphones. What's a reasonable classical-music-oriented dac for around $200 (used market works)? As of right now, I think it would be hard for me to pay above $200 for a dac/amp combo.
- Classical Music Listener: Please Help Me Find a Pair of Cans.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 second ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs) 4 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › FS: Earwerkz Supra 6 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 12 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2