Yes we do have statutory rights in the UK but you can only return an item if its faulty, broken or not as described. If you change your mind its up to the goodwill of the shop entirely.
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by nightmancometh, 12/22/14
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by nightmancometh, 12/22/14
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by nightmancometh, 12/22/14
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/22/14
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by nightmancometh, 12/22/14
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones Newspaper Article (ATH-M50 vs. Beats Studio) Last post on 9/18/12 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- A True Test by Musician... ATH-M50 vs SR60i vs HD280 vs MDR-V6 vs SRH440, vs ??? Last post on 10/5/13 at 2:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones plus Amp/DAC combo < 350 $ Last post on 11/21/10 at 10:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Headphone ~100$ (without AMP) Last post on 11/14/10 at 5:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for bus/train commuting (No M50's!) Last post on 10/24/10 at 7:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
The ATH-CK9’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. Built and accessories: The ATH-CKR9 is a dual dynamic IEM featuring two 13mm drivers. The drivers are...
Classical Music Listener: Please Help Me Find a Pair of Cans. - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes, it's about the same in Oz. The US seems to be unique in regard to the swapping of headphones back and forth, which in any case seems kind of bizzare to me (I would have said unhygienic, but no doubt that issue is adequately addressed).
I know, let's all move to the US. Coming over, guys!
You might also like to add to your list and have a listen to the Fostex T50RP's. In their stock form they are surprisingly good for their modest cost ($100), especially second hand. If you are inclined you can modify them to improve their overall sound quality and performance but recommend you use them with a headphone amplifier of some kind to maximise performance
i am using the software "audirvarna" on my macAir...at least 4gb ram on board recommended.
The improved clarity is like a gear-upgrade. :)
udac-2 ....hmmm wasnt really impressed with it..
i would go with the nuforce HD/or HDP ( if u dun mind the power adaptor :P )
or a v convenient n portable dacportLX...this cigar has more than enough power for the 880.
Any free software alternative? Everything for mac seems to be shareware.
The 250ohm version is probably the one on the books. The 32 ohm version doesn't seem to perform quite as well (according to reviews, that is)...
To all who have posted into this thread:
I would really like to thank you for the help you've given me; I appreciate it.
I am sorry that I couldn't respond to each and everyone of you; I don't have the knowledge or experience to make thoughtful replies or suggestions.
Here's where my setup currently stands:
Headphones: Beyer DT880 250 ohm.
Software: ? (VLC for FLAC?, something else?)
Do I need a separate amp if I get a dac? I've taken a look at the dacs recommended in this thread; they're all more expensive than the headphones. What's a reasonable classical-music-oriented dac for around $200 (used market works)? As of right now, I think it would be hard for me to pay above $200 for a dac/amp combo.
- Classical Music Listener: Please Help Me Find a Pair of Cans.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fiio X3 vs Cowon J3 36 seconds ago
- › Aune S16 dac and headphone amp 53 seconds ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 2 minutes ago
- › whats the best closed cans head phones 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Active Noise Cancellation Bluetooth Headphones thread - quick... 4 minutes ago
- › HE-400 vs HD650 5 minutes ago
- › [Review] Yulong D200 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Etymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones by Chiek
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2