Yes we do have statutory rights in the UK but you can only return an item if its faulty, broken or not as described. If you change your mind its up to the goodwill of the shop entirely.
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by nightmancometh, 12/22/14
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by nightmancometh, 12/22/14
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by nightmancometh, 12/22/14
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/22/14
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by nightmancometh, 12/22/14
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones Newspaper Article (ATH-M50 vs. Beats Studio) Last post on 9/18/12 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- A True Test by Musician... ATH-M50 vs SR60i vs HD280 vs MDR-V6 vs SRH440, vs ??? Last post on 10/5/13 at 2:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones plus Amp/DAC combo < 350 $ Last post on 11/21/10 at 10:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Headphone ~100$ (without AMP) Last post on 11/14/10 at 5:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for bus/train commuting (No M50's!) Last post on 10/24/10 at 7:38am in Headphones (full-size)
I will keep this review short as there are lots of other well done in depth reviews out there. I have had this unit for a while now ( about 4-5 months) and I love it. I have had no issues with it...
My setup: iBasso DX50 --> Dunu DN-1000 Packaging Yes the accessories in the box are plenty. But the cloth material used for inner box and metal case is poor. The black dust from the cloth...
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
Classical Music Listener: Please Help Me Find a Pair of Cans. - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes, it's about the same in Oz. The US seems to be unique in regard to the swapping of headphones back and forth, which in any case seems kind of bizzare to me (I would have said unhygienic, but no doubt that issue is adequately addressed).
I know, let's all move to the US. Coming over, guys!
You might also like to add to your list and have a listen to the Fostex T50RP's. In their stock form they are surprisingly good for their modest cost ($100), especially second hand. If you are inclined you can modify them to improve their overall sound quality and performance but recommend you use them with a headphone amplifier of some kind to maximise performance
i am using the software "audirvarna" on my macAir...at least 4gb ram on board recommended.
The improved clarity is like a gear-upgrade. :)
udac-2 ....hmmm wasnt really impressed with it..
i would go with the nuforce HD/or HDP ( if u dun mind the power adaptor :P )
or a v convenient n portable dacportLX...this cigar has more than enough power for the 880.
Any free software alternative? Everything for mac seems to be shareware.
The 250ohm version is probably the one on the books. The 32 ohm version doesn't seem to perform quite as well (according to reviews, that is)...
To all who have posted into this thread:
I would really like to thank you for the help you've given me; I appreciate it.
I am sorry that I couldn't respond to each and everyone of you; I don't have the knowledge or experience to make thoughtful replies or suggestions.
Here's where my setup currently stands:
Headphones: Beyer DT880 250 ohm.
Software: ? (VLC for FLAC?, something else?)
Do I need a separate amp if I get a dac? I've taken a look at the dacs recommended in this thread; they're all more expensive than the headphones. What's a reasonable classical-music-oriented dac for around $200 (used market works)? As of right now, I think it would be hard for me to pay above $200 for a dac/amp combo.
- Classical Music Listener: Please Help Me Find a Pair of Cans.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 6 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iPOD Video 5th 5.5th mSATA SSD MOD 2 minutes ago
- › Wanted Audio-GD Master 7 DAC (EU) 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0 3 minutes ago
- › FS: ATH-AD2000X 3 minutes ago
- › What is your Birth Year Album 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)