I personally would not upgrade from the HD 558 to the HD 598. Even though I favor it more, the difference is too small to consider purchasing. You may even consider using both as a bonus, since the HD 558 has a bit more bass than the HD 598 so it sounds better with electronic music. You can use your HD 558 for more bassy music, while use the HD 598 for everything else. That being said, since you ordered it, there's almost no going back, unless you plan on returning them, in which you should consider a sidegrade rather.
- productSennheiser HD-558tagged by System, 4/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Creative Aurvana Live, Philips Fidelio L1, Sennheiser HD558 or something else for listening at home? Last post on Today at 4:06 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser 558 vs. NC headphones like PXC450 or Bose QC15? Last post on 4/8/14 at 4:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD558, HD598, RS170, RS180 - Which one is better ? Last post on 4/7/14 at 12:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Impressions on the new Beats Solo HD 2.0 (Drenched in Color) Last post on 4/1/14 at 6:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD 558s - capable of being balanced? Last post on 3/25/14 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
A non-sense probably - From Sennheiser 558 HD to 598 HD - Page 2post #16 of 183/23/13 at 4:40am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 183/23/13 at 4:57amThread Starterpost #18 of 183/23/13 at 6:43amQuote:
Rammstein sounds great on my srh940, compared to my hd595.
A feeling of speed and detail, that sends the the hd595 to dust.
Seriously try other brand, much more difference than upgrading your hd558 to hd598.
- A non-sense probably - From Sennheiser 558 HD to 598 HD
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Currently, there are 3156 Active Users (640 Members and 2516 Guests)
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 15 seconds ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 38 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 or Superlux HD 681 EVO? 43 seconds ago
- › Final Amp for HD800 1 minute ago
- › DNA Stratus. EML 2A3 Mesh. EML 5U4G. Shipping US or Pickup Chicago. 2 minutes ago
- › Help with buying Headphones/In ears 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 4 minutes ago
- › Thinking about getting a Fiio X5 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob