I personally would not upgrade from the HD 558 to the HD 598. Even though I favor it more, the difference is too small to consider purchasing. You may even consider using both as a bonus, since the HD 558 has a bit more bass than the HD 598 so it sounds better with electronic music. You can use your HD 558 for more bassy music, while use the HD 598 for everything else. That being said, since you ordered it, there's almost no going back, unless you plan on returning them, in which you should consider a sidegrade rather.
- productSennheiser HD-558tagged by System, 4/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Does every company have their particular sound? Last post on 10/1/14 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Finally getting real stuff Last post on 10/5/14 at 2:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bravo Audio V2 for my HD558 Last post on 10/1/14 at 12:10pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD558- Frequency V/S Imedance Curve Last post on 10/1/14 at 8:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Plantronics BackBeat Pro Last post on 9/28/14 at 6:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
I picked these up off ebay a few weeks ago for 5 $ so my expectations were not high but to my surprise i think that i found a new pair of daily drivers, as i have said i have collected a fairly...
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
A non-sense probably - From Sennheiser 558 HD to 598 HD - Page 2
post #16 of 18
3/23/13 at 4:40am
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #17 of 18
3/23/13 at 4:57am
post #18 of 18
3/23/13 at 6:43am
Rammstein sounds great on my srh940, compared to my hd595.
A feeling of speed and detail, that sends the the hd595 to dust.
Seriously try other brand, much more difference than upgrading your hd558 to hd598.
- A non-sense probably - From Sennheiser 558 HD to 598 HD
Currently, there are 2655 Active Users (416 Members and 2239 Guests)
- › Any good IEMs for around $250? 29 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 39 seconds ago
- › FS: KEF M500 (mint condition) 41 seconds ago
- › iFi Audio "Mini" desktop line discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › USB soundcard that works with sleep/hibernate 3 minutes ago
- › Got The Brainwavz S0 Today!! 4 minutes ago
- › Current Mode Amplifiers, how do they work? 4 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 4 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE110 Sound Isolating Earphone with Balanced Armature Driver... by umhhmm
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)