I personally would not upgrade from the HD 558 to the HD 598. Even though I favor it more, the difference is too small to consider purchasing. You may even consider using both as a bonus, since the HD 558 has a bit more bass than the HD 598 so it sounds better with electronic music. You can use your HD 558 for more bassy music, while use the HD 598 for everything else. That being said, since you ordered it, there's almost no going back, unless you plan on returning them, in which you should consider a sidegrade rather.
- productSennheiser HD 558tagged by System, 4/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones for movies? Last post on 2/19/15 at 3:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shootout - Entry to Mid-range Full Size Cans - Feat. ATH-M50, HD 558, and HE-400 Last post on 2/23/15 at 7:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 558 VS 598? Last post on 2/15/15 at 12:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 558 VS 598 Last post on 2/11/15 at 1:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- In the market for a pair of headphones, but no place to demo any. So how do I go about this? Last post on 2/11/15 at 12:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
A non-sense probably - From Sennheiser 558 HD to 598 HD - Page 2
post #16 of 18
3/23/13 at 4:40am
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #17 of 18
3/23/13 at 4:57am
post #18 of 18
3/23/13 at 6:43am
Rammstein sounds great on my srh940, compared to my hd595.
A feeling of speed and detail, that sends the the hd595 to dust.
Seriously try other brand, much more difference than upgrading your hd558 to hd598.
- A non-sense probably - From Sennheiser 558 HD to 598 HD
Currently, there are 2729 Active Users (529 Members and 2200 Guests)
- › Any first hand experience with Audio In Motion SC808 PCIe sound card? 24 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 36 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 4 minutes ago
- › Grado or EarZonk G-cush 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 5 minutes ago
- › Audiophile Newbie, I need help choosing a portable DAC/AMP. 5 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2