I personally would not upgrade from the HD 558 to the HD 598. Even though I favor it more, the difference is too small to consider purchasing. You may even consider using both as a bonus, since the HD 558 has a bit more bass than the HD 598 so it sounds better with electronic music. You can use your HD 558 for more bassy music, while use the HD 598 for everything else. That being said, since you ordered it, there's almost no going back, unless you plan on returning them, in which you should consider a sidegrade rather.
- productSennheiser HD-558tagged by System, 4/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser 598/558. Reliance on an AMP, iBasse P3 Heron sufficient? Last post on 1/21/15 at 10:00am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD 555 headband replacement - will the one from HD 558 fit? Last post on 1/9/15 at 9:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- best positional audio for hard core fps gamer (headphone + soundcard) Last post on 1/21/15 at 8:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser build problems anyone? Last post on 12/15/14 at 6:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD558's have a small soundstage? Last post on 12/7/14 at 9:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Couldn't find much on the internet about these, so I took the plunge. Pros: Nice aesthetics Solid build quality Cheaper than Bose equivalent, looks and feels nicer,...
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
A non-sense probably - From Sennheiser 558 HD to 598 HD - Page 2
post #16 of 18
3/23/13 at 4:40am
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #17 of 18
3/23/13 at 4:57am
post #18 of 18
3/23/13 at 6:43am
Rammstein sounds great on my srh940, compared to my hd595.
A feeling of speed and detail, that sends the the hd595 to dust.
Seriously try other brand, much more difference than upgrading your hd558 to hd598.
- A non-sense probably - From Sennheiser 558 HD to 598 HD
Currently, there are 3679 Active Users (705 Members and 2974 Guests)
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 20 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] MEElectronics M-DUO: The Treasured IEMs Under $100 21 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 25 seconds ago
- › Ibasso DX90 - which headphones do you prefer to use with DX90? 32 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Doodlebug - USB Isolator 2 minutes ago
- › WTB Koss ESP-950 2 minutes ago
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)