I personally would not upgrade from the HD 558 to the HD 598. Even though I favor it more, the difference is too small to consider purchasing. You may even consider using both as a bonus, since the HD 558 has a bit more bass than the HD 598 so it sounds better with electronic music. You can use your HD 558 for more bassy music, while use the HD 598 for everything else. That being said, since you ordered it, there's almost no going back, unless you plan on returning them, in which you should consider a sidegrade rather.
- productSennheiser HD-558tagged by System, 4/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Relaxed sounding headphones. Last post on 6/19/14 at 11:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need quick advice on which hedphone to purchase for heavy home use (audiophile) Last post on 6/18/14 at 3:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- TDK ST800 Last post on 6/14/14 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for gaming <220 Last post on 6/12/14 at 7:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help removing Sennheiser HD558 Pads Last post on 6/10/14 at 4:47pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
After being a creative fanboy for ever since,decided to try the asus STX II after reading some good reviews about the first one,from users over the net. compared to my previous creative ZXR which...
A non-sense probably - From Sennheiser 558 HD to 598 HD - Page 2
post #16 of 18
3/23/13 at 4:40am
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #17 of 18
3/23/13 at 4:57am
post #18 of 18
3/23/13 at 6:43am
Rammstein sounds great on my srh940, compared to my hd595.
A feeling of speed and detail, that sends the the hd595 to dust.
Seriously try other brand, much more difference than upgrading your hd558 to hd598.
- A non-sense probably - From Sennheiser 558 HD to 598 HD
Currently, there are 2291 Active Users (478 Members and 1813 Guests)
- › Introduction and Request of Assistance 34 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 58 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Custom AKG V-Moda Boom Pro Adapter (Testers Wanted) 1 minute ago
- › Uplifting Trance reccomendations 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › Q701 or X1 headphone decision help 4 minutes ago
- › does the foam mod on hd 558 make a difference 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)