I personally would not upgrade from the HD 558 to the HD 598. Even though I favor it more, the difference is too small to consider purchasing. You may even consider using both as a bonus, since the HD 558 has a bit more bass than the HD 598 so it sounds better with electronic music. You can use your HD 558 for more bassy music, while use the HD 598 for everything else. That being said, since you ordered it, there's almost no going back, unless you plan on returning them, in which you should consider a sidegrade rather.
- productSennheiser HD-558tagged by System, 4/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones for alternative rock/ male vocals around $100 Last post on 8/11/14 at 1:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Relaxed sounding headphones. Last post on 6/19/14 at 11:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need quick advice on which hedphone to purchase for heavy home use (audiophile) Last post on 6/18/14 at 3:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- TDK ST800 Last post on 6/14/14 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for gaming <220 Last post on 6/12/14 at 7:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
A non-sense probably - From Sennheiser 558 HD to 598 HD - Page 2
post #16 of 18
3/23/13 at 4:40am
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #17 of 18
3/23/13 at 4:57am
post #18 of 18
3/23/13 at 6:43am
Rammstein sounds great on my srh940, compared to my hd595.
A feeling of speed and detail, that sends the the hd595 to dust.
Seriously try other brand, much more difference than upgrading your hd558 to hd598.
- A non-sense probably - From Sennheiser 558 HD to 598 HD
Currently, there are 3306 Active Users (458 Members and 2848 Guests)
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 37 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › What do you do for a living? 1 minute ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Momentum VS MDR-1R? 3 minutes ago
- › Notes: FiiO E10K & E11K (based on pre-production/beta engineering... 3 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman EF-5 headphone amplifier mods and rolls 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread 6 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)