I personally would not upgrade from the HD 558 to the HD 598. Even though I favor it more, the difference is too small to consider purchasing. You may even consider using both as a bonus, since the HD 558 has a bit more bass than the HD 598 so it sounds better with electronic music. You can use your HD 558 for more bassy music, while use the HD 598 for everything else. That being said, since you ordered it, there's almost no going back, unless you plan on returning them, in which you should consider a sidegrade rather.
- productSennheiser HD-558tagged by System, 4/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Creative Aurvana Live, Philips Fidelio L1, Sennheiser HD558 or something else for listening at home? Last post on Yesterday at 12:31 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser 558 vs. NC headphones like PXC450 or Bose QC15? Last post on 4/8/14 at 4:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD558, HD598, RS170, RS180 - Which one is better ? Last post on 4/7/14 at 12:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Impressions on the new Beats Solo HD 2.0 (Drenched in Color) Last post on 4/1/14 at 6:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD 558s - capable of being balanced? Last post on 3/25/14 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
A non-sense probably - From Sennheiser 558 HD to 598 HD - Page 2post #16 of 183/23/13 at 4:40am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 183/23/13 at 4:57amThread Starterpost #18 of 183/23/13 at 6:43amQuote:
Rammstein sounds great on my srh940, compared to my hd595.
A feeling of speed and detail, that sends the the hd595 to dust.
Seriously try other brand, much more difference than upgrading your hd558 to hd598.
- A non-sense probably - From Sennheiser 558 HD to 598 HD
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Currently, there are 2648 Active Users (551 Members and 2097 Guests)
- › REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature... 25 seconds ago
- › Just lookin into CIEMs. budget around 1000, any suggestions? 1 minute ago
- › Need advice: noble K10 vs JH roxanne 2 minutes ago
- › Pioneer SE-A1000 Appreciation Club ( Sennheiser HD 650 for $45?) 2 minutes ago
- › NAD 20E electrostatic headphones - info required 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Studio Wireless vs Beats Pro 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 5 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude