Both of them get good reviews. And the difference with the price, I feel is comparable since the Pan-Am has a DAC. Don't really need the DAC. Will use the audio-gd NFB-11.32 or Maverick Audio Tubemagic D2. Since I also have the Maverick Audio A1 that use the same tubes that Pan-Am does that is a plus for the ALO. Pretty much the cans will be HD650 and K 702 although I'm thinking about the HE-400. Any thought? Own both or had previous owned?
Related Forum Threads
- Alo Audio Pan Am amplifier/USB DAC Last post on 6/8/14 at 1:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Alo Audio Pan Am Amplifier/USB DAC Last post on 6/7/14 at 12:11am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Matched Pair Russian Military Tubes Last post on 6/26/14 at 10:57am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 5/12/14 at 2:23am in High-end Audio Forum
- Hifiman EF-5 headphone amplifier mods and rolls Last post on Yesterday at 9:19 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
HIFIMAN EF-5 or ALO Pan-Am...help me!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm comparing the EF2 to the Pan Am. I have a HeadRoom Total BitHead, but I want a big volume knob on my desk. The EF2 is way cheaper, but the Pan Am looks a little better. Neither has crossfeed, which might be a dealbreaker. Any recommendations?
I went with the ALO Pan Am, no turning back. Love it!
- HIFIMAN EF-5 or ALO Pan-Am...help me!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 seconds ago
- › Headphone recommendations for a £35 (£40 max) budget? 12 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 27 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for IEM. $250 budget. Replacing MTP Copper and MA750i 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)