Both of them get good reviews. And the difference with the price, I feel is comparable since the Pan-Am has a DAC. Don't really need the DAC. Will use the audio-gd NFB-11.32 or Maverick Audio Tubemagic D2. Since I also have the Maverick Audio A1 that use the same tubes that Pan-Am does that is a plus for the ALO. Pretty much the cans will be HD650 and K 702 although I'm thinking about the HE-400. Any thought? Own both or had previous owned?
Related Forum Threads
- Alo Audio Pan Am amplifier/USB DAC Last post on 6/8/14 at 1:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Alo Audio Pan Am Amplifier/USB DAC Last post on 6/7/14 at 12:11am in Portable Headphone Amps
- K Works Bravissimo mini-review. Last post on 8/15/14 at 2:50pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Matched Pair Russian Military Tubes Last post on 6/26/14 at 10:57am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 10/5/14 at 12:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
HIFIMAN EF-5 or ALO Pan-Am...help me!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm comparing the EF2 to the Pan Am. I have a HeadRoom Total BitHead, but I want a big volume knob on my desk. The EF2 is way cheaper, but the Pan Am looks a little better. Neither has crossfeed, which might be a dealbreaker. Any recommendations?
I went with the ALO Pan Am, no turning back. Love it!
- HIFIMAN EF-5 or ALO Pan-Am...help me!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 seconds ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 1 minute ago
- › post your grado mods.... 1 minute ago
- › Where to get SENN HD-650 replacement PADS ? 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 4 minutes ago
- › [Preview] FiiO E18 Kunlun – Surprise, Surprise. 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)