Both of them get good reviews. And the difference with the price, I feel is comparable since the Pan-Am has a DAC. Don't really need the DAC. Will use the audio-gd NFB-11.32 or Maverick Audio Tubemagic D2. Since I also have the Maverick Audio A1 that use the same tubes that Pan-Am does that is a plus for the ALO. Pretty much the cans will be HD650 and K 702 although I'm thinking about the HE-400. Any thought? Own both or had previous owned?
Related Forum Threads
- Alo Audio Pan Am amplifier/USB DAC Last post on 6/8/14 at 1:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Alo Audio Pan Am Amplifier/USB DAC Last post on 6/7/14 at 12:11am in Portable Headphone Amps
- K Works Bravissimo mini-review. Last post on 8/15/14 at 2:50pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Matched Pair Russian Military Tubes Last post on 6/26/14 at 10:57am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 1/21/15 at 5:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
The Start This review is part of the Official Sennheiser URBANITE Australian review tour organized by White Lotus and made possible by Sennheiser Australia . Many thanks to White Lotus for his...
These are also known as the monoprice 8323's. I have these for nearly 2 years. I bought them a few months after my faithfull 8323's. Pros - for the price they deliver the highest quality...
HIFIMAN EF-5 or ALO Pan-Am...help me!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm comparing the EF2 to the Pan Am. I have a HeadRoom Total BitHead, but I want a big volume knob on my desk. The EF2 is way cheaper, but the Pan Am looks a little better. Neither has crossfeed, which might be a dealbreaker. Any recommendations?
I went with the ALO Pan Am, no turning back. Love it!
- HIFIMAN EF-5 or ALO Pan-Am...help me!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 1 minute ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 5 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 6 minutes ago
- › Most Underrated Guitarists 6 minutes ago
- › How do I get round a hi-fi amplifier's "poor" headphones output? 7 minutes ago
- › Magni2 Uber, Asgard 2 or whatever amp for my Sennheiser HD598? 8 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › [AUS] ALO 'The Island' DAC/Amplifier 8 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3