Both of them get good reviews. And the difference with the price, I feel is comparable since the Pan-Am has a DAC. Don't really need the DAC. Will use the audio-gd NFB-11.32 or Maverick Audio Tubemagic D2. Since I also have the Maverick Audio A1 that use the same tubes that Pan-Am does that is a plus for the ALO. Pretty much the cans will be HD650 and K 702 although I'm thinking about the HE-400. Any thought? Own both or had previous owned?
Related Forum Threads
- Alo Audio Pan Am amplifier/USB DAC Last post on 6/8/14 at 1:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Alo Audio Pan Am Amplifier/USB DAC Last post on 6/7/14 at 12:11am in Portable Headphone Amps
- K Works Bravissimo mini-review. Last post on 8/15/14 at 2:50pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Matched Pair Russian Military Tubes Last post on 6/26/14 at 10:57am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 10/5/14 at 12:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
I barely used them... got one pair and a few months later the left earpiece started cutting sound. The retail shop opened them and did a messy job, were working and then stopped. Got a 2nd pair,...
Wow...these cans seem to generate a lot of passion! Mr. Tech Agent's review below is a pretty tough act to follow, but I will try. 1st a quote from the literature that comes with the HD 650's:...
Final Audio Adagio III Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/744122/final-audio-adagio-iii-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Oh god,...
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
HIFIMAN EF-5 or ALO Pan-Am...help me!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm comparing the EF2 to the Pan Am. I have a HeadRoom Total BitHead, but I want a big volume knob on my desk. The EF2 is way cheaper, but the Pan Am looks a little better. Neither has crossfeed, which might be a dealbreaker. Any recommendations?
I went with the ALO Pan Am, no turning back. Love it!
- HIFIMAN EF-5 or ALO Pan-Am...help me!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 14 seconds ago
- › Synergistic Research "Atmosphere" 29 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 3 minutes ago
- › The EU deals thread! 5 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Classic Color 2014 Edition: Unboxing and first impressions 6 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 8 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 by damianmb
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Willy 2 Streams
- › Final Audio Design Adagio III by mark2410
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)