- 3,344 Posts. Joined 11/2008
- Location: Chelsea, AL
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- What headphone compliments the Audeze LCD3s Last post on 10/31/12 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 10/19/14 at 1:10pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Brief Impressions of ATH-W3000ANV vs HD800/T1/LCD2 Last post on 11/27/13 at 4:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audiotechnica ATH-w3000 Aniversary or the w5000? Availability? Last post on 12/19/14 at 6:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I have tested 16 BT Headphones for weeks. I have opened a Thread about this huge comparison, on the Forum. I know that tastes are tastes. So I will never say that my opinion is "better". But...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Need advice to choose between the beyerdynamic T1 and audio technica w3000anv - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I haven't had my w3000anv for more than a few weeks but ...
They strike a special airy balance that is not too close yet not far and not too bright yet not dull and very lively while remaining balanced giving you a feeling of certainty that this is exactly how it should sound.
Yes there are larger sounding "open" cans BUT they never gave me that assured feeling of certainty of being correct, even if they were "technically" better..
. From any "over ear" can.
With a rubber band in place in middle I can wear for hours with zero fatigue!
Sold my T90..
Edited by Maxx134 - 7/19/13 at 12:44pm
After a while some cans began to loose a little luster with me, and I end up selling them for something else. But that hadn't happen with these, and I've owned them since the beginning. They are simply special IMO.
Can a horizontal slider rating be done to assess the sound of these in different aspects. Is the treble on the T1 not a problem, as long as the source is good enough? which of these is scalable, and responds to upgrades in source components? Is the w3000anv's detail retrieval good, though behind the T1?
T1 or W3000ANV ?
Both. They compliment each other and together they will cover the spectrum of mostly substandard audio engineered / badly audio mixed recordings since the advent of CD era some 30 years ago. W3000ANV will make acceptable the sound of the albums with screechy high frequencies, it will suppress their dissonance and at the other extreme T1 will lift and make more alive the sound of the dynamically compressed albums that had their high frequencies 'mowed down' in order to increase the loudness of recordings. If you can afford it you really need both of these headphones in your arsenal. [Buying T1 second hand would help a lot financially].
Edited by zorin - 7/21/13 at 4:11am
- Need advice to choose between the beyerdynamic T1 and audio technica w3000anv
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › McIntosh MHP1000 Headphones Announced in CES 20 seconds ago
- › What is beyerdynamics flagship in the DTXXX line? 28 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0 2 minutes ago
- › Heir Audio 8.A CIEMs 2 minutes ago
- › WTT: Schiit Modi USB for Opti 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Need help deciding between Superlux HD-668B or Audio Technica... 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)