- 3,273 Posts. Joined 11/2008
- Location: Chelsea, AL
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- What headphone compliments the Audeze LCD3s Last post on 10/31/12 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 9/19/13 at 1:02am in High-end Audio Forum
- Brief Impressions of ATH-W3000ANV vs HD800/T1/LCD2 Last post on 11/27/13 at 4:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Any All-In-One DAC/AMP could drive both D7000 and T1 well? Last post on 6/27/14 at 8:49am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Need advice to choose between the beyerdynamic T1 and audio technica w3000anv - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I haven't had my w3000anv for more than a few weeks but ...
They strike a special airy balance that is not too close yet not far and not too bright yet not dull and very lively while remaining balanced giving you a feeling of certainty that this is exactly how it should sound.
Yes there are larger sounding "open" cans BUT they never gave me that assured feeling of certainty of being correct, even if they were "technically" better..
. From any "over ear" can.
With a rubber band in place in middle I can wear for hours with zero fatigue!
Sold my T90..
Edited by Maxx134 - 7/19/13 at 12:44pm
After a while some cans began to loose a little luster with me, and I end up selling them for something else. But that hadn't happen with these, and I've owned them since the beginning. They are simply special IMO.
Can a horizontal slider rating be done to assess the sound of these in different aspects. Is the treble on the T1 not a problem, as long as the source is good enough? which of these is scalable, and responds to upgrades in source components? Is the w3000anv's detail retrieval good, though behind the T1?
T1 or W3000ANV ?
Both. They compliment each other and together they will cover the spectrum of mostly substandard audio engineered / badly audio mixed recordings since the advent of CD era some 30 years ago. W3000ANV will make acceptable the sound of the albums with screechy high frequencies, it will suppress their dissonance and at the other extreme T1 will lift and make more alive the sound of the dynamically compressed albums that had their high frequencies 'mowed down' in order to increase the loudness of recordings. If you can afford it you really need both of these headphones in your arsenal. [Buying T1 second hand would help a lot financially].
Edited by zorin - 7/21/13 at 4:11am
- Need advice to choose between the beyerdynamic T1 and audio technica w3000anv
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 17 seconds ago
- › Debating between a Gaming Monitor or Astro Mixamp 27 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › Replacemnet for Westone W40 1 minute ago
- › DILEMMA: PORTABLE: TRANSPORT + AMP/DAC or GOOD DAP 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › Pathos Aurium anyone? 4 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Stock FW ver 2.1.0 (Latest... 4 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40x: The Little Brother that Could 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)