- 3,169 Posts. Joined 11/2008
- Location: Chelsea, AL
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- What headphone compliments the Audeze LCD3s Last post on 10/31/12 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 9/19/13 at 1:02am in High-end Audio Forum
- Brief Impressions of ATH-W3000ANV vs HD800/T1/LCD2 Last post on 11/27/13 at 4:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- DAC/Amp for Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 2/23/14 at 3:04am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
Need advice to choose between the beyerdynamic T1 and audio technica w3000anv - Page 2post #16 of 197/13/13 at 8:45pmThat pretty much sums it up. The T1 is better technically, but to me the w3000 just does a better job of making music sound better. It's a headphone where you can just sit back and get lost in the music. Very few headphones can accomplish that IMO.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 197/19/13 at 7:53amMore impressions.
I haven't had my w3000anv for more than a few weeks but ...
They strike a special airy balance that is not too close yet not far and not too bright yet not dull and very lively while remaining balanced giving you a feeling of certainty that this is exactly how it should sound.
Yes there are larger sounding "open" cans BUT they never gave me that assured feeling of certainty of being correct, even if they were "technically" better..
. From any "over ear" can.
With a rubber band in place in middle I can wear for hours with zero fatigue!
Sold my T90..
Edited by Maxx134 - 7/19/13 at 12:44pmpost #18 of 197/19/13 at 1:44pmI'm glad you are enjoying them. And yes they do have a good balanced of not sounding too closed in, and not overly bright. I think the treble balance is just right considering the mids. If they had just a little more down low, that would be close to perfect. But the overall bass weight is just enough for me, so that's not a real complaint.
After a while some cans began to loose a little luster with me, and I end up selling them for something else. But that hadn't happen with these, and I've owned them since the beginning. They are simply special IMO.post #19 of 197/21/13 at 4:04amQuote:Originally Posted by azureaura
Can a horizontal slider rating be done to assess the sound of these in different aspects. Is the treble on the T1 not a problem, as long as the source is good enough? which of these is scalable, and responds to upgrades in source components? Is the w3000anv's detail retrieval good, though behind the T1?
T1 or W3000ANV ?
Both. They compliment each other and together they will cover the spectrum of mostly substandard audio engineered / badly audio mixed recordings since the advent of CD era some 30 years ago. W3000ANV will make acceptable the sound of the albums with screechy high frequencies, it will suppress their dissonance and at the other extreme T1 will lift and make more alive the sound of the dynamically compressed albums that had their high frequencies 'mowed down' in order to increase the loudness of recordings. If you can afford it you really need both of these headphones in your arsenal. [Buying T1 second hand would help a lot financially].
Edited by zorin - 7/21/13 at 4:11am
- Need advice to choose between the beyerdynamic T1 and audio technica w3000anv
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 1 minute ago
- › HD800 vs LCD-X vs HE-6 vs SR-007 for critical listening and... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Poll: Parametric EQ on Fiio X3 5 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › High Bit-Rate Streaming Service? 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 6 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 7 minutes ago
- › Beresford Bushmaster TC-7530 and Bushmaster MKII TC-7533 Comparison... 8 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 9 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude