- 3,210 Posts. Joined 11/2008
- Location: Chelsea, AL
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- What headphone compliments the Audeze LCD3s Last post on 10/31/12 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 9/19/13 at 1:02am in High-end Audio Forum
- Brief Impressions of ATH-W3000ANV vs HD800/T1/LCD2 Last post on 11/27/13 at 4:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones look the most expensive to you (Regardless of price)? Last post on 4/8/14 at 5:06am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
Need advice to choose between the beyerdynamic T1 and audio technica w3000anv - Page 2post #16 of 197/13/13 at 8:45pmThat pretty much sums it up. The T1 is better technically, but to me the w3000 just does a better job of making music sound better. It's a headphone where you can just sit back and get lost in the music. Very few headphones can accomplish that IMO.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 197/19/13 at 7:53amMore impressions.
I haven't had my w3000anv for more than a few weeks but ...
They strike a special airy balance that is not too close yet not far and not too bright yet not dull and very lively while remaining balanced giving you a feeling of certainty that this is exactly how it should sound.
Yes there are larger sounding "open" cans BUT they never gave me that assured feeling of certainty of being correct, even if they were "technically" better..
. From any "over ear" can.
With a rubber band in place in middle I can wear for hours with zero fatigue!
Sold my T90..
Edited by Maxx134 - 7/19/13 at 12:44pmpost #18 of 197/19/13 at 1:44pmI'm glad you are enjoying them. And yes they do have a good balanced of not sounding too closed in, and not overly bright. I think the treble balance is just right considering the mids. If they had just a little more down low, that would be close to perfect. But the overall bass weight is just enough for me, so that's not a real complaint.
After a while some cans began to loose a little luster with me, and I end up selling them for something else. But that hadn't happen with these, and I've owned them since the beginning. They are simply special IMO.post #19 of 197/21/13 at 4:04amQuote:Originally Posted by azureaura
Can a horizontal slider rating be done to assess the sound of these in different aspects. Is the treble on the T1 not a problem, as long as the source is good enough? which of these is scalable, and responds to upgrades in source components? Is the w3000anv's detail retrieval good, though behind the T1?
T1 or W3000ANV ?
Both. They compliment each other and together they will cover the spectrum of mostly substandard audio engineered / badly audio mixed recordings since the advent of CD era some 30 years ago. W3000ANV will make acceptable the sound of the albums with screechy high frequencies, it will suppress their dissonance and at the other extreme T1 will lift and make more alive the sound of the dynamically compressed albums that had their high frequencies 'mowed down' in order to increase the loudness of recordings. If you can afford it you really need both of these headphones in your arsenal. [Buying T1 second hand would help a lot financially].
Edited by zorin - 7/21/13 at 4:11am
- Need advice to choose between the beyerdynamic T1 and audio technica w3000anv
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 1 second ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 11 seconds ago
- › AKG K550 Cables cut. Any recommendations on where to get them fixed? 23 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & comparisons (Added K3003, XBA-H3, S-EM6) 36 seconds ago
- › what is the BEST IEM FOR VOCAL?? 58 seconds ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Trade: UE900 + $50 for Westone 4/4R or Shure SE535 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob