- 3,463 Posts. Joined 11/2008
- Location: Chelsea, AL
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- I have $2,000 to burn right now, Headphones i was looking at the Beyerdynamic T1 Tesla, Grado Ps1000 Last post on 2/7/13 at 12:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- What headphone compliments the Audeze LCD3s Last post on 10/31/12 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 10/19/14 at 1:10pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Brief Impressions of ATH-W3000ANV vs HD800/T1/LCD2 Last post on 11/27/13 at 4:32am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Need advice to choose between the beyerdynamic T1 and audio technica w3000anv - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I haven't had my w3000anv for more than a few weeks but ...
They strike a special airy balance that is not too close yet not far and not too bright yet not dull and very lively while remaining balanced giving you a feeling of certainty that this is exactly how it should sound.
Yes there are larger sounding "open" cans BUT they never gave me that assured feeling of certainty of being correct, even if they were "technically" better..
. From any "over ear" can.
With a rubber band in place in middle I can wear for hours with zero fatigue!
Sold my T90..
Edited by Maxx134 - 7/19/13 at 12:44pm
After a while some cans began to loose a little luster with me, and I end up selling them for something else. But that hadn't happen with these, and I've owned them since the beginning. They are simply special IMO.
Can a horizontal slider rating be done to assess the sound of these in different aspects. Is the treble on the T1 not a problem, as long as the source is good enough? which of these is scalable, and responds to upgrades in source components? Is the w3000anv's detail retrieval good, though behind the T1?
T1 or W3000ANV ?
Both. They compliment each other and together they will cover the spectrum of mostly substandard audio engineered / badly audio mixed recordings since the advent of CD era some 30 years ago. W3000ANV will make acceptable the sound of the albums with screechy high frequencies, it will suppress their dissonance and at the other extreme T1 will lift and make more alive the sound of the dynamically compressed albums that had their high frequencies 'mowed down' in order to increase the loudness of recordings. If you can afford it you really need both of these headphones in your arsenal. [Buying T1 second hand would help a lot financially].
Edited by zorin - 7/21/13 at 4:11am
- Need advice to choose between the beyerdynamic T1 and audio technica w3000anv
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 6 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 23 seconds ago
- › Which is best for Rock music? SoundMagic E30, E50, E80, and others 37 seconds ago
- › Review: Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves in Crystal Blue for the Shure... 38 seconds ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 2 minutes ago
- › Champaign/Urbana Illinois Meet-up? 3 minutes ago
- › [TEASER] Massdrop x ??? - New Custom In-Ear Monitor available... 3 minutes ago
- › DAC AMP for movies/clarity 3 minutes ago
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 4 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by nmatheis
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2