- 4,266 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by nightmancometh, 11/24/14
- productBeyerdynamic T5ptagged by nightmancometh, 11/24/14
- productDenon AH-D7100 Music Maniactagged by nightmancometh, 11/24/14
- productFostex TH 900tagged by nightmancometh, 11/24/14
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/24/14
Related Forum Threads
- Polling Time : King of close back headphones still in production Last post on 4/13/13 at 4:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Hoping for some advice with my first headphone setup (I have moderate experience with full-size... Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans heavy in the bass Last post on 11/2/12 at 2:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for very good audiophile CLOSED "non leaking" headphone Last post on 5/14/14 at 2:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
-Audio The Nucleus Headphone Amplifier/Preamp “Great Sound for the Masses” By Cesar Gutierrez - Audiophile December 2014 It is always exiting to discover and learn about new companies in...
Background So the technology behind the ear cups are quite interesting. This headphone is marketed towards teenagers for the "Bass Sensation". The headphone has a slider on thhe left ear cup, and...
Introduction and Design I picked up the Woodphones 10 months ago, so I've had quite a bit of experience with them in my collection. Despite me having sold off most of my closed headphone...
I have these for a couple of days, they are amazing for bass lovers, the bass is very deep and have hard punch and rumble, control is very good so the bass doesn't sound like a mess, is not slow...
1. These headphones are HUGE. 2. That said, it provides amazing soundstage/imaging, and are very comfortable. Headband has no bumps, and earpads are of memory foam. 3. Very decent amount of...
Quick: King of close back headphones still in production - Page 2post #16 of 2433/21/13 at 2:39amI would agree but I would think that's to do with the price!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2433/21/13 at 2:51am
if i remember right, the pricing is similar with the paradox being a little bit more expensive.post #18 of 2433/21/13 at 4:27amQuote:
Same idea! XDpost #19 of 2433/21/13 at 4:30am
It depends what options you go for with the Paradox i think. The basic sound modded Paradox is 195 USD more and then increases from that so a fair bit i think!post #20 of 2433/21/13 at 4:38amQuote:
true, i keep on forgetting that i already have the stock t50rp so sending it to lff to mod will be cheaper than someone who has to buy the t50rp and then send it to himpost #21 of 2433/21/13 at 5:06ampost #22 of 2433/21/13 at 6:52ampost #23 of 2433/21/13 at 8:49ampost #24 of 2433/21/13 at 9:12ampost #25 of 2433/21/13 at 11:32amQuote:
Woah, lets not get carried away. The D7100 should never be mentioned in the sentence. At least as far as performance goes.
Edit: But yea, "still in production", the ones I mentioned minus D5000 and D7000.post #26 of 2433/21/13 at 11:56ampost #27 of 2433/21/13 at 12:10pmQuote:
i have read a headphone flagship review on here that the reviewer really did not like the w5000. you think he didnt have a good fit or a matching amp?post #28 of 2433/21/13 at 12:15pmpost #29 of 2433/21/13 at 12:22pmQuote:
how much did you get it for?post #30 of 2433/21/13 at 12:26pmCould be anything, that just one individual opinion. Do a search for W5000 in the title, it has pretty wide fanbase. On my setup they get same or more headtime than HD800, I think of them as of HD800 with soul as they have comparable details and soundstage but W5000 adds very nice euphonic coloration to midrange, some do prefer more neutral presentation. Another thing, with wrong amp and bad seal they sound thin and distant.
- Quick: King of close back headphones still in production
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Band Name Game II 5 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 6 seconds ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 14 seconds ago
- › Redirecting to ad sites in chrome on android 2 minutes ago
- › Akihabara Tokyo e-Earphone Winter Festival 2014 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › New here and also need a recommendation for headphones for metal 6 minutes ago
- › HDtracks & Arcam Holiday Giveaway 6 minutes ago
- › "The Nucleus" by che15
- › Skullcandy Crusher Headphones with Mic White, One Size by DigitalGrounder
- › Woodphones - by Blake Graham by SanjiWatsuki
- › AKG Y55 Black DJ-Ready Headphones with Enriched Bass, Snug Fit and... by presata
- › AKG K7XX by avitron142
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)