- 4,266 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by nightmancometh, 11/24/14
- productBeyerdynamic T5ptagged by nightmancometh, 11/24/14
- productDenon AH-D7100 Music Maniactagged by nightmancometh, 11/24/14
- productFostex TH 900tagged by nightmancometh, 11/24/14
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/24/14
Related Forum Threads
- Polling Time : King of close back headphones still in production Last post on 4/13/13 at 4:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Hoping for some advice with my first headphone setup (I have moderate experience with full-size... Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans heavy in the bass Last post on 11/2/12 at 2:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for very good audiophile CLOSED "non leaking" headphone Last post on 5/14/14 at 2:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
INTRODUCTION Because I’ve been involved with some review samples with my Australian brethren in the last couple of years, I’ve had the chance to hear some IEMs I’ve been curious about in the...
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
Quick: King of close back headphones still in production - Page 2post #16 of 2433/21/13 at 2:39amI would agree but I would think that's to do with the price!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2433/21/13 at 2:51am
if i remember right, the pricing is similar with the paradox being a little bit more expensive.post #18 of 2433/21/13 at 4:27amQuote:
Same idea! XDpost #19 of 2433/21/13 at 4:30am
It depends what options you go for with the Paradox i think. The basic sound modded Paradox is 195 USD more and then increases from that so a fair bit i think!post #20 of 2433/21/13 at 4:38amQuote:
true, i keep on forgetting that i already have the stock t50rp so sending it to lff to mod will be cheaper than someone who has to buy the t50rp and then send it to himpost #21 of 2433/21/13 at 5:06ampost #22 of 2433/21/13 at 6:52ampost #23 of 2433/21/13 at 8:49ampost #24 of 2433/21/13 at 9:12ampost #25 of 2433/21/13 at 11:32amQuote:
Woah, lets not get carried away. The D7100 should never be mentioned in the sentence. At least as far as performance goes.
Edit: But yea, "still in production", the ones I mentioned minus D5000 and D7000.post #26 of 2433/21/13 at 11:56ampost #27 of 2433/21/13 at 12:10pmQuote:
i have read a headphone flagship review on here that the reviewer really did not like the w5000. you think he didnt have a good fit or a matching amp?post #28 of 2433/21/13 at 12:15pmpost #29 of 2433/21/13 at 12:22pmQuote:
how much did you get it for?post #30 of 2433/21/13 at 12:26pmCould be anything, that just one individual opinion. Do a search for W5000 in the title, it has pretty wide fanbase. On my setup they get same or more headtime than HD800, I think of them as of HD800 with soul as they have comparable details and soundstage but W5000 adds very nice euphonic coloration to midrange, some do prefer more neutral presentation. Another thing, with wrong amp and bad seal they sound thin and distant.
- Quick: King of close back headphones still in production
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 37 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › DIY Sennheiser IE-8 with Bluetooth 4.0 and APT-X 2 minutes ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 3 minutes ago
- › I just bought a Sennheiser HD558, and I have some questions about... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 4 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives... 6 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 8 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA-8 8 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3