- 4,266 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by nightmancometh, 11/24/14
- productBeyerdynamic T5ptagged by nightmancometh, 11/24/14
- productDenon AH-D7100 Music Maniactagged by nightmancometh, 11/24/14
- productFostex TH 900tagged by nightmancometh, 11/24/14
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/24/14
Related Forum Threads
- Polling Time : King of close back headphones still in production Last post on 4/13/13 at 4:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Hoping for some advice with my first headphone setup (I have moderate experience with full-size... Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans heavy in the bass Last post on 11/2/12 at 2:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for very good audiophile CLOSED "non leaking" headphone Last post on 5/14/14 at 2:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
For the price they offer great clarity, but I cannot reccomend these to people who mainly listen to bass heavy music. I still use my UM Pro10's regularly (I also have a pair of Audio Technica...
I have been searching best headphone(for me not for everyone I'm sorry) last half year. Now I found Sennheiser HD600/650 is one of best headphone for classical music and for me. I bought around...
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
Quick: King of close back headphones still in production - Page 2post #16 of 2433/21/13 at 2:39amI would agree but I would think that's to do with the price!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2433/21/13 at 2:51am
if i remember right, the pricing is similar with the paradox being a little bit more expensive.post #18 of 2433/21/13 at 4:27amQuote:
Same idea! XDpost #19 of 2433/21/13 at 4:30am
It depends what options you go for with the Paradox i think. The basic sound modded Paradox is 195 USD more and then increases from that so a fair bit i think!post #20 of 2433/21/13 at 4:38amQuote:
true, i keep on forgetting that i already have the stock t50rp so sending it to lff to mod will be cheaper than someone who has to buy the t50rp and then send it to himpost #21 of 2433/21/13 at 5:06ampost #22 of 2433/21/13 at 6:52ampost #23 of 2433/21/13 at 8:49ampost #24 of 2433/21/13 at 9:12ampost #25 of 2433/21/13 at 11:32amQuote:
Woah, lets not get carried away. The D7100 should never be mentioned in the sentence. At least as far as performance goes.
Edit: But yea, "still in production", the ones I mentioned minus D5000 and D7000.post #26 of 2433/21/13 at 11:56ampost #27 of 2433/21/13 at 12:10pmQuote:
i have read a headphone flagship review on here that the reviewer really did not like the w5000. you think he didnt have a good fit or a matching amp?post #28 of 2433/21/13 at 12:15pmpost #29 of 2433/21/13 at 12:22pmQuote:
how much did you get it for?post #30 of 2433/21/13 at 12:26pmCould be anything, that just one individual opinion. Do a search for W5000 in the title, it has pretty wide fanbase. On my setup they get same or more headtime than HD800, I think of them as of HD800 with soul as they have comparable details and soundstage but W5000 adds very nice euphonic coloration to midrange, some do prefer more neutral presentation. Another thing, with wrong amp and bad seal they sound thin and distant.
- Quick: King of close back headphones still in production
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Official Chicago August 8 2015 Impression Thread 2 seconds ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 1 minute ago
- › Why don't more people use EQ to get the desired sound? 1 minute ago
- › Cardas Clear Headphone Cable 2 minutes ago
- › Aune X1S 32bit DSD DAC worldwide review tour ------reviewers... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iOS multichannel DAC? 3 minutes ago
- › STAY AWAY from "CareyPrice31" 3 minutes ago
- › The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2