Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Brightish DAC under $50
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Brightish DAC under $50

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
I'm selling my Soundcard to get funds toward a better DAC and a monitor, so I need a DAC to hold me over. My budget is $50. I've been interested in the Ele, Muse, HifiMeDIY, and UD100. Inputs do not matter to me. I am looking for a DAC with a brightish sound signature, as I LOVE hard, sharp, treble based audio. (I have a pair of HE400s (Compared to Alpha Dogs and HD6X0) to say the least) Please leave your suggestions. redface.gif

-Mark K.
post #2 of 17

The UD100 sounds great, but is balanced across the board in terms of sound. Bass is tighter, and the highs are clearer with possibly a tad of emphasis. I'd expect the Hifimediy to sound roughly the same. 

post #3 of 17

UD100,I cant think of any that can performed as near for the price.

post #4 of 17
Thread Starter 
Kk, thanks! Going to wait for a few more opinions before I buy though. wink.gif
post #5 of 17
Thread Starter 
Bump!
post #6 of 17

http://hifimediy.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=83

Same chip as the ODAC, people say its 90% of the ODAC.

post #7 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

http://hifimediy.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=83
Same chip as the ODAC, people say its 90% of the ODAC.
I think I'll get it. wink.gif
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

http://hifimediy.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=83
Same chip as the ODAC, people say its 90% of the ODAC.
I think I'll get it. wink.gif

I have not tried it, but I have read up on them, not sure if there bright though.

post #9 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

I have not tried it, but I have read up on them, not sure if there bright though.
It still seems to be the best bet for the $...
post #10 of 17
I found the ele to be bright when compared to the fiio e10 & to a lesser degree, e17.

e: I also have that "ele in a plastic box" that ds posted coming. will post impressions when I get it.
Edited by MrEleventy - 3/24/13 at 6:39pm
post #11 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post

I found the ele to be bright when compared to the fiio e10 & to a lesser degree, e17.

e: I also have that "ele in a plastic box" that ds posted coming. will post impressions when I get it.
ELE in a plastic box? The HiFimeDIY Sabre DAC? Thanks for the input!
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post

I found the ele to be bright when compared to the fiio e10 & to a lesser degree, e17.

e: I also have that "ele in a plastic box" that ds posted coming. will post impressions when I get it.
ELE in a plastic box? The HiFimeDIY Sabre DAC? Thanks for the input!

Why spend so much on phones then not that much on amp/DAC?confused.gif

post #13 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Why spend so much on phones then not that much on amp/DAC?confused.gif
I'm getting a vinyl player and building an amp ATM. wink.gif In fact, after the TT and amp, I'll probably need better 'phones, as I'm gonna spend around $1K on my TT after upgrades and be done with that for a while... wink.gif
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

ELE in a plastic box? The HiFimeDIY Sabre DAC? Thanks for the input!

it's a dac with a updated/upgraded chipset of the ele. ds found it on ebay, 27 shipped. wasn't too much so I figured that I'll give it a shot.
post #15 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post

it's a dac with a updated/upgraded chipset of the ele. ds found it on ebay, 27 shipped. wasn't too much so I figured that I'll give it a shot.
Hmm... post impressions!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Brightish DAC under $50