Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Hello help about my dt770 pro 80ohm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hello help about my dt770 pro 80ohm - Page 2

post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlr View Post


i disagree. it depends on the onboard soundcard and i think an external amp can make a larger difference then an external dac.

a digizoid however, is a good idea. i have never tried one, but its been intriguing me for a while. in effect, its basically a hardware device with alot of eq settings, just bass boost specific settings (and its analog ofcourse). i dont know if it can be used a standalone amp though? i know most of its users in the "basshead club" thread recommend "double amping" with another amp. again, i have never tried it myself.

Haaaa finally someone gives an answer to a quite stubborn question which I did search for but didn't wanted to ask on a new thread...

So I can double amp my headphones? Like iPhone>ZO2.3>Amp-HP>T50rp/XB600? Or would it be more like iPhone>Amp-HP>ZO2.3>T50rp/XB600? I don't have any amp yet but I have deep interest in those two, how can you get the best of both worlds? What about interferences noises, voltage problems? Where do you need to put the ZO2.3 to benefit from its EQ capabilities and black background, yet adding the qualities of the other one to it?
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by xledruidx View Post

Oh :( i dont got money for a hardware equalizer... coud you suggest me a "software" equalizer where i can boost the db :) because these are 5-10db too low bass :/  i listen to alot bass heavy and also none bass songs and theyre good for all!! exept bass heavy like dubstep(i dont get this) booom feeling in my brain :p so if u coud give me a software equalizer id love you forever!

 

hardware equalizer? you misunderstood, when i said that, i was talking about the ZO2. which isnt really an equalizer, it just acts as one. i did mean that you should use a software one. personally i use electriq, which is a plugin for foobar.

you can download foobar (a media player) here:

http://www.foobar2000.org/download

 

then go to this head-fi thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/607331/eq-sound-quality/45

and scroll down to post #54 where a very knowledgeable and very helpful member by the name of xnor explains to me how to install electriq. 

 

i recommend you read through that thread yourself. it was very very helpful to me.

now, keep in mind that theres two ways for CORRECTLY boosting bass, both of which require that you reduce digital volume, one way is to boost the bass up and reduce "pre-amp" volume, or the way i do it, which is to eq all the rest of the frequencies (not bass) down, and then turning the regular volume up. in both cases, you loose alot of volume and i dont know if your computer will still have enough juice left to drive your headphones to sufficiently loud volumes. 

an e11 can be had for 50$ on ebay, and a cmoy from jds can be had for 60$. i recommend STRONGLY that you get one. i have recommended those two because they are the ones i used before i got my O2. other amps will work just as well, but i dont want to recommend something i havnt used.

 

ill be more than happy to answer any other questions you have about equalizing and such, but keep in mind that by no means am i an expert - im just a basshead =]

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
a dac also helps because on board sound usually sucks pretty hard.

yes, this is the general consensus around here, but personally i didnt notice such a night and day improvement, and i use a laptop, which supposedly have THE worst sound cards.

i still hold that an amp makes a stronger difference. but thats just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xledruidx View Post


Hey its you again! thank for reccomending :D these are good i can really hear sounds i never heard before with my other headphones :) but i believe ill let them burn in with pink noise for 1week and if i dont like them then im selling for pro900 :) its just the bass its like jello.... loose and wobbly not tight i hope it gets tighter over time

 

i dont want to push my luck here, but i strongly doubt that burn in will change your perception of these headphones. instead, try USING them on your ears and listening to music with them. get used to their sound and let yourself adjust to it. the pro900 may be a better choice for you, and they may not, but i suggest you give the beyers an active chance, not a passive week of burn in. just my 2 cents.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanarian View Post


Haaaa finally someone gives an answer to a quite stubborn question which I did search for but didn't wanted to ask on a new thread...

So I can double amp my headphones? Like iPhone>ZO2.3>Amp-HP>T50rp/XB600? Or would it be more like iPhone>Amp-HP>ZO2.3>T50rp/XB600? I don't have any amp yet but I have deep interest in those two, how can you get the best of both worlds? What about interferences noises, voltage problems? Where do you need to put the ZO2.3 to benefit from its EQ capabilities and black background, yet adding the qualities of the other one to it?

finally? theres a whole section of the forum dedicated to portable amplifiers, over there you will find a very big thread dedicated to the ZO. also, theres a thread in the members lounge called "the basshead club" with many users of said ZO. i recommend you search these threads and seek answers there because as i have mentioned, ive never used a ZO2.
if i remember correctly, the ZO comes in last in the line. based on memory from what ive read, the most recommended way to use it is via an LOD cable from your ipod (so as not to "triple amp"), to an amp and from there to the ZO, ending with your headphones. but why take the word of a guy whose never used the product himself when you can talk to people who have?

post #18 of 18
Well I guess you're right anyway, but it was because you seemed to know (and you really know) more about double amping than me.

Thanks for the hints, I'll go ask them more details smily_headphones1.gif (Though right now my priority is a bit off-topic, but I think the seller of my Fostex has sold my pair to somebody else and thinks that I've paid him, hence I don't know what I'll do... My life haha)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Hello help about my dt770 pro 80ohm