Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Hello help about my dt770 pro 80ohm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hello help about my dt770 pro 80ohm

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 

Helllo all head-fi'ers i just got the dt770 pro 80ohm and i am really dissapointed! First im like these shoud be good for bass... so i tried listening to basstronics bass i love you, finding out my siberia v2 had more "punch" than these high end headphones? well i notice the soundquality difference but if i knew these had no bass at all i woudve gone with the ath m50's..... Please help me as i really dont know what to do.. im using onboard sound...
 

post #2 of 18

Well, for starters, if you are running these headphones through an MP3 player, you won't be very happy because no MP3 player/ipod/iphone can run these headphones because they have 80 ohms of impedance. The max impedance headphones that MP3 players can run decently well would be about those with 40 ohms or so of impedance.You will need an amplifier to get these to run at peak performance because they need a lot of power to run. Secondly, you also have to let them break in because the drivers are stiff when they are used in a new condition.
Cheers,
RJ

post #3 of 18

"Bass I Love You", also isn't THAT bassy.

 

I was pretty underwelmed the first time I heard that track.

post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ Smooth View Post

Well, for starters, if you are running these headphones through an MP3 player, you won't be very happy because no MP3 player/ipod/iphone can run these headphones because they have 80 ohms of impedance. The max impedance headphones that MP3 players can run decently well would be about those with 40 ohms or so of impedance.You will need an amplifier to get these to run at peak performance because they need a lot of power to run. Secondly, you also have to let them break in because the drivers are stiff when they are used in a new condition.
Cheers,
RJ


qualify what you say mate, when talking about things that are controversial, tell the op that a difference of opinions exists, dont make it out to be like its a well established fact.

                                                                                                                             

 

granted, 80 ohms is a bit higher then usual for headphones, but beyers are very efficient, and i can use my pair, who are 250 ohms, from my phone and still get pretty loud. its simply not optimal, and wont give you the full potential that your cans are capable of, a simple portable amplifier will give you more than enough power, and as my personal experience, and popular belief goes - the dt770s scale up very well and the better your amplifier, the better your dt 770s will sound.

 

talking about "burn in" is just opening up a can of worms. lets just say alot of members believe it is vital, while many others will say its a fairy tail. some will say that one just needs to get used to a new headphones signature...  

 

                                                                                                                             

 

when i got my dt 770s, i was underwhelmed aswell. the reviews make them sound like super massive bass monsters, when in fact they are not. however, to quote a different forum member "they are very bass capable".

my advise to you is to get the best amplifier you can afford, and to download an equalizer. right now as im writing this post i have the bass boosted by about 13 db and my ears are vibrating beyersmile.png. when i first discovered the wonders of equalization, i boosted more than 20 db in the bass range and my dt 770s took it like a champ with no issues whatsoever. they can be just as bassy as you want them to be.

 

also, keep in mind that if the music your listening to has no bass line - no headphone in the world will make any difference.

post #5 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by xledruidx View Post

im using onboard sound...
 

 

No headphone will sound good with onboard. rolleyes.gif

get a Digizoid

post #6 of 18

Try it out with Xonar DG, best choice for you, 30$ well performing soundcard (dac/amp)

post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorgan View Post

 

No headphone will sound good with onboard. rolleyes.gif

get a Digizoid


i disagree. it depends on the onboard soundcard and i think an external amp can make a larger difference then an external dac.

 

a digizoid however, is a good idea. i have never tried one, but its been intriguing me for a while. in effect, its basically a hardware device with alot of eq settings, just bass boost specific settings (and its analog ofcourse). i dont know if it can be used a standalone amp though? i know most of its users in the "basshead club" thread recommend "double amping" with another amp. again, i have never tried it myself.

post #8 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlr View Post


qualify what you say mate, when talking about things that are controversial, tell the op that a difference of opinions exists, dont make it out to be like its a well established fact.

                                                                                                                             

 

granted, 80 ohms is a bit higher then usual for headphones, but beyers are very efficient, and i can use my pair, who are 250 ohms, from my phone and still get pretty loud. its simply not optimal, and wont give you the full potential that your cans are capable of, a simple portable amplifier will give you more than enough power, and as my personal experience, and popular belief goes - the dt770s scale up very well and the better your amplifier, the better your dt 770s will sound.

 

talking about "burn in" is just opening up a can of worms. lets just say alot of members believe it is vital, while many others will say its a fairy tail. some will say that one just needs to get used to a new headphones signature...  

 

                                                                                                                             

 

when i got my dt 770s, i was underwhelmed aswell. the reviews make them sound like super massive bass monsters, when in fact they are not. however, to quote a different forum member "they are very bass capable".

my advise to you is to get the best amplifier you can afford, and to download an equalizer. right now as im writing this post i have the bass boosted by about 13 db and my ears are vibrating beyersmile.png. when i first discovered the wonders of equalization, i boosted more than 20 db in the bass range and my dt 770s took it like a champ with no issues whatsoever. they can be just as bassy as you want them to be.

 

also, keep in mind that if the music your listening to has no bass line - no headphone in the world will make any difference.

Oh :( i dont got money for a hardware equalizer... coud you suggest me a "software" equalizer where i can boost the db :) because these are 5-10db too low bass :/  i listen to alot bass heavy and also none bass songs and theyre good for all!! exept bass heavy like dubstep(i dont get this) booom feeling in my brain :p so if u coud give me a software equalizer id love you forever!

post #9 of 18

Im currently listening to mine through a fiio e7 (bass setting 3 no eq on computer) and there is plenty of bass, the song you said you listened really isnt that bassy, if you want to hear a ton of bass   listen to ephixa's some wobbles, and get an amp.

post #10 of 18
Thread Starter 

also i woud like to buy zo2 digizoid but its like 120dollars... and if i order 120dollars(and i cant even find it on ebay?) so if someone got a really cheap zo2 digizoid for sale, or knows an program equalizer tht woud be greatly apprechiated!
 

post #11 of 18

Are you running pc or mac? if you are running pc get foobar2k and get the columns ui plugin and the graphic equalizer plugin. Also the amp is not just used for partial eq'ing, it powers the headphones properly, a dac also helps because on board sound usually sucks pretty hard.

post #12 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post

Are you running pc or mac? if you are running pc get foobar2k and get the columns ui plugin and the graphic equalizer plugin. Also the amp is not just used for partial eq'ing, it powers the headphones properly, a dac also helps because on board sound usually sucks pretty hard.

i know this i tried a dac its insanely nice :p but i believe good headphones shoud sound good even without them :=) ill try foobar2k. but u can use it with youtube spotofy etc? i dont only use flac's

post #13 of 18

They certainly do have bass, but they aren't bass monsters. Give them a chance and listen to them for a while before dismissing them completely. I think like many here, you'll find that you gain quite a bit in the sound of audiophile headphones over bass monsters that you may not have noticed before.

post #14 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsujigiri View Post

They certainly do have bass, but they aren't bass monsters. Give them a chance and listen to them for a while before dismissing them completely. I think like many here, you'll find that you gain quite a bit in the sound of audiophile headphones over bass monsters that you may not have noticed before.


Hey its you again! thank for reccomending :D these are good i can really hear sounds i never heard before with my other headphones :) but i believe ill let them burn in with pink noise for 1week and if i dont like them then im selling for pro900 :) its just the bass its like jello.... loose and wobbly not tight i hope it gets tighter over time

post #15 of 18

Yes, the Pro 900's are definitely better for that. Sorry to hear you're disappointed with some aspects of the DT770's. But I think you'll find that in this hobby preferences are pretty fluid, and what you initially think you like will usually be different from what you end up liking with more experience.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Hello help about my dt770 pro 80ohm