i dumbwise sold my customized srh940s and need something that can fill the hole it has left. so if i do buy a new headphone it should have at least the qualitys of the shure but should be better soundwise also.
what i am looking for:
- even more details than the shure, which seems to be quite difficult to find, as the shure is known as a detail monster
- open sounding in a closed can. the shure did that remarkably well, but maybe it can get better
- deep reaching bass. i hate midbass humps and i hate bass, that is not able to play notes down to 20hz even more. the shure was ok in that regard, but i hope for a even flatter response all the way down (it does not mean that i am looking for an overemphasized bass!)
- comfort: as i am getting older, i do find comfort more and more important. as i am searching for closed cans only and i want to wear them during summertime, velour pads would be nice to have.
- soundstage: i am not so much into soundstage width, but i need depth as far as the horizon. pin point imaging and layering of musics for and background are my main needs.
all that packed into a somewhat portable or at least outside wearable (isolation does matter) headphone would be heaven and i would pay up to 700 $ for that.
please do not recommend fostex mods. i read a whole lot of reviews of maddogs and the likes and came to the conclusion, that they will not fit my needs.