- 125 Posts. Joined 10/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 550tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productKRK KNS6400 Studio Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productShure SRH 940tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- whats the best closed cans head phones Last post on 1/11/13 at 1:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K 271 MK II or Shure SHR940? Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a friend who plays acoustic guitar Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- New closed cans Last post on 7/8/12 at 9:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for closed cans for accurate sound reproduction! Last post on 12/13/12 at 8:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Curious. What sounds better than a K550 for sealed headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Anything's possible with smart engineers and lots of funding. Besides, "better" is a very subjective term. The K550's are known for having a more neutral sound signature and a good soundstage for being closed, but that may not be what everyone wants. There are plenty of higher end closed headphones out there, if that's what you're looking for. Some of them are the Beyerdynamic T5p, Audio Technica W3000, Fostex TH900, and Ultrasone Edition 8's.
And cracking issues. But he did say that he was speaking strictly in terms of their sound. A lot of people have found them to have an unnatural sound signature, though, and I suspect he may be in the minority in preferring the 940's over the 550's.
you sure? i never listened to the srh940 myself but i demoed the akg k550 before and it sounds really good for 300 bucks closed headphone...
thanks for the comparison, at one point i thought i was going to get the srh940 also but decided against it.
- Curious. What sounds better than a K550 for sealed headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 9 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 43 seconds ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 58 seconds ago
- › ios7, iPhone and Apple CCK 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › Love Marriage specialist in Switzerland +91- 9950620150 2 minutes ago
- › /// online love problem solution baba ji +919928576434//headfi?? 2 minutes ago
- › Love Marriage specialist in Australian+91- 9950620150 4 minutes ago
- › Best $300 Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)