- 125 Posts. Joined 10/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 550tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productKRK KNS6400 Studio Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productShure SRH 940tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- whats the best closed cans head phones Last post on 1/11/13 at 1:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K 271 MK II or Shure SHR940? Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a friend who plays acoustic guitar Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- New closed cans Last post on 7/8/12 at 9:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Very strong and impactfull bass, great build quality. High input power. It is very sensible, has a very loud volume. Very good for DJ monitoring. Not confortable! Very fatiguing. It makes a...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Curious. What sounds better than a K550 for sealed headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Anything's possible with smart engineers and lots of funding. Besides, "better" is a very subjective term. The K550's are known for having a more neutral sound signature and a good soundstage for being closed, but that may not be what everyone wants. There are plenty of higher end closed headphones out there, if that's what you're looking for. Some of them are the Beyerdynamic T5p, Audio Technica W3000, Fostex TH900, and Ultrasone Edition 8's.
And cracking issues. But he did say that he was speaking strictly in terms of their sound. A lot of people have found them to have an unnatural sound signature, though, and I suspect he may be in the minority in preferring the 940's over the 550's.
you sure? i never listened to the srh940 myself but i demoed the akg k550 before and it sounds really good for 300 bucks closed headphone...
thanks for the comparison, at one point i thought i was going to get the srh940 also but decided against it.
- Curious. What sounds better than a K550 for sealed headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The world of car accidents 49 seconds ago
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 59 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 mods 2 minutes ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 3 minutes ago
- › ACS Encore Studio 4 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Bifrost, Uber Analog and USB Gen 2 Input 5 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2