- 125 Posts. Joined 10/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 550tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productKRK KNS6400 Studio Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productShure SRH 940tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- whats the best closed cans head phones Last post on 1/11/13 at 1:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K 271 MK II or Shure SHR940? Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a friend who plays acoustic guitar Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- New closed cans Last post on 7/8/12 at 9:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for closed cans for accurate sound reproduction! Last post on 12/13/12 at 8:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Curious. What sounds better than a K550 for sealed headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Anything's possible with smart engineers and lots of funding. Besides, "better" is a very subjective term. The K550's are known for having a more neutral sound signature and a good soundstage for being closed, but that may not be what everyone wants. There are plenty of higher end closed headphones out there, if that's what you're looking for. Some of them are the Beyerdynamic T5p, Audio Technica W3000, Fostex TH900, and Ultrasone Edition 8's.
And cracking issues. But he did say that he was speaking strictly in terms of their sound. A lot of people have found them to have an unnatural sound signature, though, and I suspect he may be in the minority in preferring the 940's over the 550's.
you sure? i never listened to the srh940 myself but i demoed the akg k550 before and it sounds really good for 300 bucks closed headphone...
thanks for the comparison, at one point i thought i was going to get the srh940 also but decided against it.
- Curious. What sounds better than a K550 for sealed headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 and ATH-ESW9A Appreciation Thread 17 seconds ago
- › Is a lossy-lossy conversion process really that degrading in terms... 22 seconds ago
- › AKG K550 Reference Headphones FOR SALE 26 seconds ago
- › Headphone amp for Pioneer AVR? 43 seconds ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 1 minute ago
- › Andy Regan Appointed President of Jerry Harvey Audio! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Best amp/dac for HD 650s? 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)