- 105 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- bassy amp for audio technica w1000x Last post on 9/4/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a small tube amp for travel w/ w1000x...using the WA6 at home. Last post on 6/4/13 at 6:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help!!!!! Icon Audio mkII Hp8 vs Woo Audio WA6 Last post on 7/25/14 at 3:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
When I listen to these Headphones I always think to Polygamy. That is because I am already in love for another Headphone but I am also attracted by these Liberate. They are not exactly my kind...
I actually have, believe it or not, two sets of the A8 earphones. I bought the first one at a B&O store; someone bought a car and the earphones came as a gift. He didn't care for them, so he gave...
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. They do not sound great either. But not bad like...
If I would have to choose between these and the JBL E40, I would probably kill myself. But in case I am of particularly good mood I would choose these. They do not have much better SQ but have...
When I first reviewed these Headphones some time ago in Amazon, I did not yet tried so many BT Headphones. Somehow I like them more now, specially because their much cheaper price (actually...
Best amp for low impedance headphones under $650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's the non-Chinese made & under $650 that's stumping.
The only good amps I can think of that fit that description are OTL and not good for your cans.
The Bellari might work as i know some who love it with Grados.
Used? My choice would be a Mapletree Audio Ear HD...
I'm looking for a good quality (non Chinese made) amp for low impedance and efficient headphones specifically the Audio Technica W1000X. I'd want something neutral to warm since I can't stand bright. I've been looking at the WA6 and the Burson Soloist SL but I'd like other suggestions. Please comment on the Burson and WA6 if you have used them with low impedance headphones.
I use WA6 and Grado (32 ohm) to good effect. It seems to have a nice warm, round sound with good bass. The WA6 is one of the best built (in Brooklyn) amps made. really solid. You can change tubes for a slightly different sound. I can't recommend it highly enough.
Headroom Micro amp is what I prefer. It's output impedance is only 0.5 ohm too.
It's very similar to the Schiit Magni, but not as cold sounding. It's not a warm amp though.
Sounds perfect with everything including the ATH-AD2000. Haven't heard the W1000X with it.
There's also CI Audio and the VHP2; aside from being a little on the expensive side, it's not a bad box. About a thousand times as much power as the W1000X need though.
- Best amp for low impedance headphones under $650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 51 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 59 seconds ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › 'To go' streaming music service with X1? 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA dual dynamic driver iem 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)