- 105 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- bassy amp for audio technica w1000x Last post on 9/4/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a small tube amp for travel w/ w1000x...using the WA6 at home. Last post on 6/4/13 at 6:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 8/6/14 at 10:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help!!!!! Icon Audio mkII Hp8 vs Woo Audio WA6 Last post on 7/25/14 at 3:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
Best amp for low impedance headphones under $650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's the non-Chinese made & under $650 that's stumping.
The only good amps I can think of that fit that description are OTL and not good for your cans.
The Bellari might work as i know some who love it with Grados.
Used? My choice would be a Mapletree Audio Ear HD...
I'm looking for a good quality (non Chinese made) amp for low impedance and efficient headphones specifically the Audio Technica W1000X. I'd want something neutral to warm since I can't stand bright. I've been looking at the WA6 and the Burson Soloist SL but I'd like other suggestions. Please comment on the Burson and WA6 if you have used them with low impedance headphones.
I use WA6 and Grado (32 ohm) to good effect. It seems to have a nice warm, round sound with good bass. The WA6 is one of the best built (in Brooklyn) amps made. really solid. You can change tubes for a slightly different sound. I can't recommend it highly enough.
Headroom Micro amp is what I prefer. It's output impedance is only 0.5 ohm too.
It's very similar to the Schiit Magni, but not as cold sounding. It's not a warm amp though.
Sounds perfect with everything including the ATH-AD2000. Haven't heard the W1000X with it.
There's also CI Audio and the VHP2; aside from being a little on the expensive side, it's not a bad box. About a thousand times as much power as the W1000X need though.
- Best amp for low impedance headphones under $650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › WTB: WOO AUDIO WA2 [EU or US only] 35 seconds ago
- › HIFIMAN HE-400i touring event is coming. 40 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 2 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks - The Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Budget headset for gaming and music(onboard soundcard + DAC question) 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)