- 105 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- bassy amp for audio technica w1000x Last post on 9/4/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a small tube amp for travel w/ w1000x...using the WA6 at home. Last post on 6/4/13 at 6:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Subtle, unassuming headphone amp/dac for work Last post on 4/11/15 at 10:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- *PRICE DROP* Woo WA6 with Sophia Rectifier and 6GL7/6EM7 Tubes Last post on 3/26/15 at 1:04pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as output amp. It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter has it's...
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
Thank You's and Sorries A big thank David Maudlin for sending me the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio to me back in late May and I apologise that it's taken me 3 months to put something up about...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Jive you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated with...
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
Best amp for low impedance headphones under $650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's the non-Chinese made & under $650 that's stumping.
The only good amps I can think of that fit that description are OTL and not good for your cans.
The Bellari might work as i know some who love it with Grados.
Used? My choice would be a Mapletree Audio Ear HD...
I'm looking for a good quality (non Chinese made) amp for low impedance and efficient headphones specifically the Audio Technica W1000X. I'd want something neutral to warm since I can't stand bright. I've been looking at the WA6 and the Burson Soloist SL but I'd like other suggestions. Please comment on the Burson and WA6 if you have used them with low impedance headphones.
I use WA6 and Grado (32 ohm) to good effect. It seems to have a nice warm, round sound with good bass. The WA6 is one of the best built (in Brooklyn) amps made. really solid. You can change tubes for a slightly different sound. I can't recommend it highly enough.
Headroom Micro amp is what I prefer. It's output impedance is only 0.5 ohm too.
It's very similar to the Schiit Magni, but not as cold sounding. It's not a warm amp though.
Sounds perfect with everything including the ATH-AD2000. Haven't heard the W1000X with it.
There's also CI Audio and the VHP2; aside from being a little on the expensive side, it's not a bad box. About a thousand times as much power as the W1000X need though.
- Best amp for low impedance headphones under $650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 21 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 22 seconds ago
- › Good running earphones for 50$ 1 minute ago
- › Old pair broke (RIP) need to find a replacement set, any... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-A2 need help/opinion 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 4 minutes ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 5 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 5 minutes ago
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2