- 105 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- bassy amp for audio technica w1000x Last post on 9/4/11 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a small tube amp for travel w/ w1000x...using the WA6 at home. Last post on 6/4/13 at 6:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 8/6/14 at 10:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help!!!!! Icon Audio mkII Hp8 vs Woo Audio WA6 Last post on 7/25/14 at 3:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Best amp for low impedance headphones under $650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's the non-Chinese made & under $650 that's stumping.
The only good amps I can think of that fit that description are OTL and not good for your cans.
The Bellari might work as i know some who love it with Grados.
Used? My choice would be a Mapletree Audio Ear HD...
I'm looking for a good quality (non Chinese made) amp for low impedance and efficient headphones specifically the Audio Technica W1000X. I'd want something neutral to warm since I can't stand bright. I've been looking at the WA6 and the Burson Soloist SL but I'd like other suggestions. Please comment on the Burson and WA6 if you have used them with low impedance headphones.
I use WA6 and Grado (32 ohm) to good effect. It seems to have a nice warm, round sound with good bass. The WA6 is one of the best built (in Brooklyn) amps made. really solid. You can change tubes for a slightly different sound. I can't recommend it highly enough.
Headroom Micro amp is what I prefer. It's output impedance is only 0.5 ohm too.
It's very similar to the Schiit Magni, but not as cold sounding. It's not a warm amp though.
Sounds perfect with everything including the ATH-AD2000. Haven't heard the W1000X with it.
There's also CI Audio and the VHP2; aside from being a little on the expensive side, it's not a bad box. About a thousand times as much power as the W1000X need though.
- Best amp for low impedance headphones under $650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 2 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › The best full-sized- sub 60$? 2 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 8 minutes ago
- › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread 10 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 10 minutes ago
- › Combination of ATH-M50 with Fiio E07K? 11 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)