Yeah but are resisters and caps the same as CPU chips?
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which would you choose? Last post on 8/30/14 at 4:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- RFI and hum with Schiit Mjolinir and AK240 Balanced Last post on 6/7/14 at 2:42pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- How does the schiit mjolner sound as a preamp, help me out Last post on 4/29/14 at 5:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 1/21/15 at 5:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Mjolnir question. Last post on 4/29/14 at 6:48am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
First of all the reason I rate the SE215 5/5* is primarily because of the value it presents under the $100 mark. You will be extremely hard pressed to find a pair of IEMs at this price considering...
I'm all about best use on a budget for a specific person and lifestyle. In my case, the Jaybird Bluebud X's were fantastic. You can check out my review on head fi here, but I also have an older...
SENNHEISER URBANITE XL REVIEW Full sized headphones haven't been part of my usage options for quite some time now. I used to own a Sony MDR-1R but despite the excellent comfort and decent sound my...
Disappointed with Mjolnir - Page 4
My feeling is that it's more likely that electromigration occurred in the CPU than in the other components in the circuit, but it's really just a hunch. But really that's immaterial. The point is that electronics burn in, and it's possible for significant changes to take place, even in purely solid state circuits.
For the folks who don't believe in burn-in, just go to Best Buy and they'll have all the best gear you're looking for, guaranteed! Saying burn-in isn't real is like saying cables don't make a difference or change the sound of your rig. USB cables don't matter either, right? :-)
I have a ha-160 amp and it works pretty well with my lcd2 v2s.But I would suggest that you upgrade the fuse in it I am using a hifi tuning supreme fuse in my unit and a upgraded power cable and the result was a much more relaxed and refined presentation at the same time.It also improved the reproduction of dynamics as well. I think you got a great deal for 500 bucks I am not familar with the the burson 160 dacs.But I think you got a great value in the ha160-ds.
In the end I ended up selling the 160DS. It sounded great with the Gungnir as my DAC but I found the power headroom a little lacking for the LCDs. I had to have the volume knob almost completely turned to the right to be at an acceptable level. Interesting point on the fuse though.
Edited by musikaladin - 1/11/14 at 9:43am
Not much better with the LCD-3, you're in a good spot, dude.
- Disappointed with Mjolnir
- › Canadian Head-Fi'ers counting 13 seconds ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 17 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 1 minute ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 2 minutes ago
- › Balanced cable : what is it and why would i want it? 3 minutes ago
- › Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › 3D printed closed headphones with HD800 driver 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3