Yeah but are resisters and caps the same as CPU chips?
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- RFI and hum with Schiit Mjolinir and AK240 Balanced Last post on 6/7/14 at 2:42pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- How does the schiit mjolner sound as a preamp, help me out Last post on 4/29/14 at 5:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 5/12/14 at 2:23am in High-end Audio Forum
- Schiit Mjolnir question. Last post on 4/29/14 at 6:48am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Any substitutes for the Schiit Mjolnir? Last post on 4/21/14 at 6:52pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disappointed with Mjolnir - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My feeling is that it's more likely that electromigration occurred in the CPU than in the other components in the circuit, but it's really just a hunch. But really that's immaterial. The point is that electronics burn in, and it's possible for significant changes to take place, even in purely solid state circuits.
For the folks who don't believe in burn-in, just go to Best Buy and they'll have all the best gear you're looking for, guaranteed! Saying burn-in isn't real is like saying cables don't make a difference or change the sound of your rig. USB cables don't matter either, right? :-)
I have a ha-160 amp and it works pretty well with my lcd2 v2s.But I would suggest that you upgrade the fuse in it I am using a hifi tuning supreme fuse in my unit and a upgraded power cable and the result was a much more relaxed and refined presentation at the same time.It also improved the reproduction of dynamics as well. I think you got a great deal for 500 bucks I am not familar with the the burson 160 dacs.But I think you got a great value in the ha160-ds.
In the end I ended up selling the 160DS. It sounded great with the Gungnir as my DAC but I found the power headroom a little lacking for the LCDs. I had to have the volume knob almost completely turned to the right to be at an acceptable level. Interesting point on the fuse though.
Edited by musikaladin - 1/11/14 at 9:43am
Not much better with the LCD-3, you're in a good spot, dude.
- Disappointed with Mjolnir
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 9 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 11 seconds ago
- › Chi-Uni-Fi 8.5 Chicago Area HP Meet - Nov 8th 2014 12 seconds ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 29 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 59 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Bellatone Reference Cable for the HD800 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)