Yeah but are resisters and caps the same as CPU chips?
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: Gungnir USB Gen2 edition Last post on 4/9/14 at 2:53am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Schiit Gungnir and Mjolnir + Pyst Cables Last post on 1/27/14 at 5:56pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Schiit Mjolnir/Gungnir vs Woo WA6-SE/Bifrost Last post on 1/13/14 at 6:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP (or AMP + DAC) for LCD-2 with USB or optical in coming from MacBook pro (max 1500$) Last post on 12/23/13 at 10:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Mjolnir amplifier background noise Last post on 12/21/13 at 5:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
Best i-Device portable DAC ever listened to, very neutral and smooth like from a desktop DAC. Currently using it with my iPod touch 5 (Yes, it's support lightinig connector). I will prefer filter...
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Disappointed with Mjolnir - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My feeling is that it's more likely that electromigration occurred in the CPU than in the other components in the circuit, but it's really just a hunch. But really that's immaterial. The point is that electronics burn in, and it's possible for significant changes to take place, even in purely solid state circuits.
For the folks who don't believe in burn-in, just go to Best Buy and they'll have all the best gear you're looking for, guaranteed! Saying burn-in isn't real is like saying cables don't make a difference or change the sound of your rig. USB cables don't matter either, right? :-)
I have a ha-160 amp and it works pretty well with my lcd2 v2s.But I would suggest that you upgrade the fuse in it I am using a hifi tuning supreme fuse in my unit and a upgraded power cable and the result was a much more relaxed and refined presentation at the same time.It also improved the reproduction of dynamics as well. I think you got a great deal for 500 bucks I am not familar with the the burson 160 dacs.But I think you got a great value in the ha160-ds.
In the end I ended up selling the 160DS. It sounded great with the Gungnir as my DAC but I found the power headroom a little lacking for the LCDs. I had to have the volume knob almost completely turned to the right to be at an acceptable level. Interesting point on the fuse though.
Edited by musikaladin - 1/11/14 at 9:43am
my mjolnir still sounds awesome to me. sure there is better but really very happy with my setup. that is a great place to be. all genres just astoundingly beautiful. no need to try to improve anything.
Not much better with the LCD-3, you're in a good spot, dude.
- Disappointed with Mjolnir
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 32 seconds ago
- › Why have more than a few pairs of headphones? 41 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 1 minute ago
- › Black Aluminum Grado 325 1 minute ago
- › Your favourite "not the best" headphones? 2 minutes ago
- › Worth improving? 3 minutes ago
- › Earphones with best isolation for outsiders? 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 5 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 5 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 by Jensenchua
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob