- 44 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphonetagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a <$200 pair of headphones? Last post on 11/20/13 at 5:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a $200 Portable Pair Last post on 10/5/13 at 12:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- looking to bump up a couple notches with new headphones Last post on 11/28/12 at 1:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Step up from the Creative Aurvana Live! Last post on 11/9/12 at 1:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade my Koss PortaPros Last post on 11/8/12 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
This will be more of my impressions/comparisons and less of a review. I will be comparing them to the HD800 & K712 Pro ran over USB to the Cayin Spark C5 DAC/Amp (HD800 - Low Gain, K12 - Low Gain,...
This review is based in my experience of almost 6 months with them, running 24/96 Flacs > Foobar2K > Wasapi > Asus Realtek ALC1150 + 4580 Op-amp > HD668B I decided to reboot my interest in audio...
It is surprising that no one else has posted a review, maybe all are enjoying it too much to bother. I've been holding back from writing a review because it is important to live with a mobile...
*A Sample of the HD7 was provided by PreSounus for my unbiased review* https://www.presonus.com/products/HD7 Cloning. Not a sheep, but headphones. The PreSounus HD7 is a...
I bought these in Chicago O'Hare before I got into the Head-Fi hobby. I was looking more for a bluetooth headset solution but liked the way these sounded. After listening to Grados, Senns, and...
BEST OVER THE EAR/ FULL SIZE HEADPHONES FOR METAL
Gear mentioned in this thread:
How are you finding the sound so far?
Looking for a new set of good headphones and basically looking for the same criteria, except I don't have an amp to run through whatever I end up buying atm
I plan to listen to a large variety of music but mostly death metal and I'm looking for something over-ear and closed-back. I also like my bass on the punchier side. I might just end up getting the Grados or HD-25 I II if these are a bust.
Edited by Necrotic - 3/21/13 at 12:52am
Edited by shiorisekine - 3/20/13 at 11:40pm
I will let u know I got em off amazon and waiting for em, if the bass is good and I can hear everything that's going on in I guess what they call "soundstage" then they will be worth it. I listen to all manner of metal but I'm mostly in to traditional metal as well as power metal, blind guardian being my fav and often they have a lot going on so I want to enjoy that to the fullest. I chose closed because during summer I have like 3 fans going at once and closed I can't really hear the ambient sound in my room. But the price was right. I took a leap of faith.
Remember that burn-in helps, and that the FiiO has a bass boost if you find it to be insufficient (you shouldn't).
It helps a lot for me, I don't know about others. Judging by popular opinion and personal experience, it is a real thing.
The FiiO E07K has an amp that is a bit better than the E11, along with a dac (E11 doesn't have one). I think that you would be able to tell a big difference from the dac, and a small difference from the amp (HP100 isn't too hard to drive).
- BEST OVER THE EAR/ FULL SIZE HEADPHONES FOR METAL
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones... 35 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 49 seconds ago
- › cables are placebo 2 minutes ago
- › questions about if i should upgrade or not 3 minutes ago
- › Cable Burn In with regard to Audio Directionality. 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › New Apple advert for Beats headphones 6 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Poor mans Shure SRH1540? 8 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › PreSonus HD7 Professional Monitoring Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Phiaton PS 210 BTNC Bluetooth 3.0 Active Noise Cancelling Stereo... by audionut44
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by RedTwilight
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by AvidlyEclectic
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)