- 44 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphonetagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a <$200 pair of headphones? Last post on 11/20/13 at 5:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a $200 Portable Pair Last post on 10/5/13 at 12:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- looking to bump up a couple notches with new headphones Last post on 11/28/12 at 1:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Step up from the Creative Aurvana Live! Last post on 11/9/12 at 1:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade my Koss PortaPros Last post on 11/8/12 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
These are simply the best sounding headphones I have ever owned (and I've owned and sold a lot of them). They are sublimely smooth, yet detailed without the least bit of harshness at all in the...
These were my first pair of cans that I consider my baptism of audiophile stuff. I used them with Fiio E10 as dac and Schiit Asgard as amp. Yes, they sounded good, but not as good as my...
BEST OVER THE EAR/ FULL SIZE HEADPHONES FOR METAL
Gear mentioned in this thread:
How are you finding the sound so far?
Looking for a new set of good headphones and basically looking for the same criteria, except I don't have an amp to run through whatever I end up buying atm
I plan to listen to a large variety of music but mostly death metal and I'm looking for something over-ear and closed-back. I also like my bass on the punchier side. I might just end up getting the Grados or HD-25 I II if these are a bust.
Edited by Necrotic - 3/21/13 at 12:52am
Edited by shiorisekine - 3/20/13 at 11:40pm
I will let u know I got em off amazon and waiting for em, if the bass is good and I can hear everything that's going on in I guess what they call "soundstage" then they will be worth it. I listen to all manner of metal but I'm mostly in to traditional metal as well as power metal, blind guardian being my fav and often they have a lot going on so I want to enjoy that to the fullest. I chose closed because during summer I have like 3 fans going at once and closed I can't really hear the ambient sound in my room. But the price was right. I took a leap of faith.
Remember that burn-in helps, and that the FiiO has a bass boost if you find it to be insufficient (you shouldn't).
It helps a lot for me, I don't know about others. Judging by popular opinion and personal experience, it is a real thing.
The FiiO E07K has an amp that is a bit better than the E11, along with a dac (E11 doesn't have one). I think that you would be able to tell a big difference from the dac, and a small difference from the amp (HP100 isn't too hard to drive).
- BEST OVER THE EAR/ FULL SIZE HEADPHONES FOR METAL
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 22 seconds ago
- › Help on a Headphone for Rock and Metal 34 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Hidizs' new product AP300 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Audio gd nfb 7 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by Mediahound
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3