- 44 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphones (Black)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a <$200 pair of headphones? Last post on 11/20/13 at 5:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a $200 Portable Pair Last post on 10/5/13 at 12:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- looking to bump up a couple notches with new headphones Last post on 11/28/12 at 1:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Step up from the Creative Aurvana Live! Last post on 11/9/12 at 1:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade my Koss PortaPros Last post on 11/8/12 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
BEST OVER THE EAR/ FULL SIZE HEADPHONES FOR METAL
Gear mentioned in this thread:
As I always recommend to those looking for a balanced sound signature around this price, the SoundMAGIC HP100.
Look up some reviews. It really is a steal for how it is priced.
How are you finding the sound so far?
Looking for a new set of good headphones and basically looking for the same criteria, except I don't have an amp to run through whatever I end up buying atm
I plan to listen to a large variety of music but mostly death metal and I'm looking for something over-ear and closed-back. I also like my bass on the punchier side. I might just end up getting the Grados or HD-25 I II if these are a bust.
Edited by Necrotic - 3/21/13 at 12:52am
Edited by shiorisekine - 3/20/13 at 11:40pm
I will let u know I got em off amazon and waiting for em, if the bass is good and I can hear everything that's going on in I guess what they call "soundstage" then they will be worth it. I listen to all manner of metal but I'm mostly in to traditional metal as well as power metal, blind guardian being my fav and often they have a lot going on so I want to enjoy that to the fullest. I chose closed because during summer I have like 3 fans going at once and closed I can't really hear the ambient sound in my room. But the price was right. I took a leap of faith.
Remember that burn-in helps, and that the FiiO has a bass boost if you find it to be insufficient (you shouldn't).
It helps a lot for me, I don't know about others. Judging by popular opinion and personal experience, it is a real thing.
The FiiO E07K has an amp that is a bit better than the E11, along with a dac (E11 doesn't have one). I think that you would be able to tell a big difference from the dac, and a small difference from the amp (HP100 isn't too hard to drive).
- BEST OVER THE EAR/ FULL SIZE HEADPHONES FOR METAL
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 19 seconds ago
- › DAC Utilize Sound Card 22 seconds ago
- › HD800s with portable AMP/DAC for iMac 26 seconds ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Dissappointed Sennheiser MOMENTUM Owner Looking for Recommendations 2 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair... 3 minutes ago
- › AMP+DAC for DT-990 Edition (250Ohm) 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier 5 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)