- 44 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphones (Black)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a <$200 pair of headphones? Last post on 11/20/13 at 5:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a $200 Portable Pair Last post on 10/5/13 at 12:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- looking to bump up a couple notches with new headphones Last post on 11/28/12 at 1:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Step up from the Creative Aurvana Live! Last post on 11/9/12 at 1:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade my Koss PortaPros Last post on 11/8/12 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
BEST OVER THE EAR/ FULL SIZE HEADPHONES FOR METALpost #1 of 153/19/13 at 4:55pmThread StarterLooking for something with bass and really clear sound price isn't an option. Will be using a FIIO E11 amp. Looking for full size over the ear headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 153/19/13 at 5:09pmpost #3 of 153/19/13 at 5:47pmThread Starterpost #4 of 153/19/13 at 5:57pmpost #5 of 153/19/13 at 6:05pm
As I always recommend to those looking for a balanced sound signature around this price, the SoundMAGIC HP100.
Look up some reviews. It really is a steal for how it is priced.
post #6 of 153/20/13 at 1:50amThread Starterpost #7 of 153/20/13 at 11:34pm
How are you finding the sound so far?
Looking for a new set of good headphones and basically looking for the same criteria, except I don't have an amp to run through whatever I end up buying atm
I plan to listen to a large variety of music but mostly death metal and I'm looking for something over-ear and closed-back. I also like my bass on the punchier side. I might just end up getting the Grados or HD-25 I II if these are a bust.
Edited by Necrotic - 3/21/13 at 12:52ampost #8 of 153/20/13 at 11:38pmhttp://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-Open-Studio-Headphones-Ohms/dp/B0011UB9CQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1363847923&sr=1-1&keywords=DT+990 for open back
Edited by shiorisekine - 3/20/13 at 11:40pmpost #9 of 153/20/13 at 11:38pmpost #10 of 153/20/13 at 11:47pmThread StarterI will let u know I got em off amazon and waiting for em, if the bass is good and I can hear everything that's going on in I guess what they call "soundstage" then they will be worth it. I listen to all manner of metal but I'm mostly in to traditional metal as well as power metal, blind guardian being my fav and often they have a lot going on so I want to enjoy that to the fullest. I chose closed because during summer I have like 3 fans going at once and closed I can't really hear the ambient sound in my room. But the price was right. I took a leap of faith.post #11 of 153/21/13 at 12:40amQuote:Originally Posted by paintedr3d
I will let u know I got em off amazon and waiting for em, if the bass is good and I can hear everything that's going on in I guess what they call "soundstage" then they will be worth it. I listen to all manner of metal but I'm mostly in to traditional metal as well as power metal, blind guardian being my fav and often they have a lot going on so I want to enjoy that to the fullest. I chose closed because during summer I have like 3 fans going at once and closed I can't really hear the ambient sound in my room. But the price was right. I took a leap of faith.
Remember that burn-in helps, and that the FiiO has a bass boost if you find it to be insufficient (you shouldn't).post #12 of 153/21/13 at 11:27amThread Starterpost #13 of 153/21/13 at 11:28amThread Starterpost #14 of 153/21/13 at 2:07pmQuote:
It helps a lot for me, I don't know about others. Judging by popular opinion and personal experience, it is a real thing.post #15 of 153/21/13 at 2:08pmQuote:
The FiiO E07K has an amp that is a bit better than the E11, along with a dac (E11 doesn't have one). I think that you would be able to tell a big difference from the dac, and a small difference from the amp (HP100 isn't too hard to drive).
- BEST OVER THE EAR/ FULL SIZE HEADPHONES FOR METAL
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 18 seconds ago
- › Steelseries Flux in ear 25 seconds ago
- › Tube warmth and distortion and it's pros 37 seconds ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Should I buy this particular sound card? Will it improve my audio... 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones Recommendation for College Student 3 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob