- 44 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productGrado SR325is Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphones (Black)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a <$200 pair of headphones? Last post on 11/20/13 at 5:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a $200 Portable Pair Last post on 10/5/13 at 12:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- looking to bump up a couple notches with new headphones Last post on 11/28/12 at 1:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Step up from the Creative Aurvana Live! Last post on 11/9/12 at 1:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade my Koss PortaPros Last post on 11/8/12 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
BEST OVER THE EAR/ FULL SIZE HEADPHONES FOR METALpost #1 of 153/19/13 at 4:55pmThread StarterLooking for something with bass and really clear sound price isn't an option. Will be using a FIIO E11 amp. Looking for full size over the ear headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 153/19/13 at 5:09pmpost #3 of 153/19/13 at 5:47pmThread Starterpost #4 of 153/19/13 at 5:57pmpost #5 of 153/19/13 at 6:05pm
As I always recommend to those looking for a balanced sound signature around this price, the SoundMAGIC HP100.
Look up some reviews. It really is a steal for how it is priced.
post #6 of 153/20/13 at 1:50amThread Starterpost #7 of 153/20/13 at 11:34pm
How are you finding the sound so far?
Looking for a new set of good headphones and basically looking for the same criteria, except I don't have an amp to run through whatever I end up buying atm
I plan to listen to a large variety of music but mostly death metal and I'm looking for something over-ear and closed-back. I also like my bass on the punchier side. I might just end up getting the Grados or HD-25 I II if these are a bust.
Edited by Necrotic - 3/21/13 at 12:52ampost #8 of 153/20/13 at 11:38pmhttp://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-Open-Studio-Headphones-Ohms/dp/B0011UB9CQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1363847923&sr=1-1&keywords=DT+990 for open back
Edited by shiorisekine - 3/20/13 at 11:40pmpost #9 of 153/20/13 at 11:38pmpost #10 of 153/20/13 at 11:47pmThread StarterI will let u know I got em off amazon and waiting for em, if the bass is good and I can hear everything that's going on in I guess what they call "soundstage" then they will be worth it. I listen to all manner of metal but I'm mostly in to traditional metal as well as power metal, blind guardian being my fav and often they have a lot going on so I want to enjoy that to the fullest. I chose closed because during summer I have like 3 fans going at once and closed I can't really hear the ambient sound in my room. But the price was right. I took a leap of faith.post #11 of 153/21/13 at 12:40amQuote:Originally Posted by paintedr3d
I will let u know I got em off amazon and waiting for em, if the bass is good and I can hear everything that's going on in I guess what they call "soundstage" then they will be worth it. I listen to all manner of metal but I'm mostly in to traditional metal as well as power metal, blind guardian being my fav and often they have a lot going on so I want to enjoy that to the fullest. I chose closed because during summer I have like 3 fans going at once and closed I can't really hear the ambient sound in my room. But the price was right. I took a leap of faith.
Remember that burn-in helps, and that the FiiO has a bass boost if you find it to be insufficient (you shouldn't).post #12 of 153/21/13 at 11:27amThread Starterpost #13 of 153/21/13 at 11:28amThread Starterpost #14 of 153/21/13 at 2:07pmQuote:
It helps a lot for me, I don't know about others. Judging by popular opinion and personal experience, it is a real thing.post #15 of 153/21/13 at 2:08pmQuote:
The FiiO E07K has an amp that is a bit better than the E11, along with a dac (E11 doesn't have one). I think that you would be able to tell a big difference from the dac, and a small difference from the amp (HP100 isn't too hard to drive).
- BEST OVER THE EAR/ FULL SIZE HEADPHONES FOR METAL
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › One of the Most Iconic Artists of All Time in Pristine... 3 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 21 seconds ago
- › Hello, Help Budget IEM Recommendation 28 seconds ago
- › Dangerous Music Source DAC 1 minute ago
- › Gears for trade 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 3 minutes ago
- › DAP+IEM/HEAD combo for £150-£300 4 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude