so I am looking for some headphones under 100$, I've been studying this forum, dozen of reviews, unboxings etc etc. and still I have no idea what to pick.
Currently I am using Creative Aurvana Live!, they offer good sound, but the build quality is terrible and as for now they are sort of super-glued together. Anyway, I am looking for something to match CAL's sound quality with more solid build. Would be nice to have good comfort and Beats design (just kidding ;))
So far, from what I've read and heard myself:
1. MDR-V55 nice sound, but the test model in the shop was making this awful cracking noice, while I was adjusting, so Im not sure they cover the "good build quality" aspect.
2. Shure - great CAL alternative from what I've read, I think my favourite, altho I've come across some reviews that they are uncomfy and "not worth buying if u can add a bit more $ for 440". If only 440 had 240's design...
3. HD439 - nice design, they seemed comfy when I put them on, but it seems like all cheap-plastic, especially where the headband meets the cups, I'm having CAL's deja vu looking at that.
4. XB600 not sure about the ear cups nor about the sound
5. Pioneer - detachable cable, nice design, cool slide to the side feature, but I've read that they break almost by looking at them :). And I have no idea if they ever match CAL's sound.
Please help, Im going crazy over this. My decision making skills are just horrible.