Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Thoughts on Sennheiser HD439?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Thoughts on Sennheiser HD439? - Page 2

post #16 of 72

HD 449 o r 439?

post #17 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by -xX-Mew-Xx- View Post

You forgot to mention it sound warm.

 

If you meant me, I didn't find them too warm really.  They had a bit of high treble rolloff, which is what most people consider warm, but I still find them pretty neutral sounding.  I'm not saying they aren't at all "warm", but just that I try to avoid terms that aren't exactly defined.  Warm to one person might be different than warm to another.  Whereas, specifics on frequency and whatnot allow the viewer to gauge if it is what they consider warm or not.  Just my thoughts anyway. :-)

post #18 of 72

The 439s can give some pretty nice bass, my coworkers were impressed when they heard them using the Beats Audio equalizer on their phones, but I don't think of them as a real basshead can. The HD429 might be a better choice if you are really a basshead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -xX-Mew-Xx- View Post

I might buy them. Just wanted to know if they are worth it. And if using an equalizer on a bass heavy setting, will the bass be good enough for a bass head?
Pictures would be great smily_headphones1.gif
post #19 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post

The 439s can give some pretty nice bass, my coworkers were impressed when they heard them using the Beats Audio equalizer on their phones, but I don't think of them as a real basshead can. The HD429 might be a better choice if you are really a basshead.

 

I find the bass is pretty good and flat, but the lower sub bass suffers the most.  You can eq decently enough, but stock sound is light on the sub bass and a little light on the low bass.

post #20 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

 

If you meant me, I didn't find them too warm really.  They had a bit of high treble rolloff, which is what most people consider warm, but I still find them pretty neutral sounding.  I'm not saying they aren't at all "warm", but just that I try to avoid terms that aren't exactly defined.  Warm to one person might be different than warm to another.  Whereas, specifics on frequency and whatnot allow the viewer to gauge if it is what they consider warm or not.  Just my thoughts anyway. :-)

You might as well miss a bit of detail eh? Warm highs means sweet highs? warm mids = slight emphasis at the lower mids or for some, mid bass.

 

Edit: Rolled off highs means dark? I don't know, I could be wrong... Just seems weird lol.. :)


Edited by BillsonChang007 - 3/21/13 at 8:28pm
post #21 of 72
Thread Starter 
Dont forget the bass mod.
post #22 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

You might as well miss a bit of detail eh? Warm highs means sweet highs? Just warm mids means slight emphasis at the lower mids or for some, mid bass. Lower volume than the others at the highs FR means dark? I don't know, I could be wrong... Just seems weird lol.. smily_headphones1.gif

Can you translate that into English? ;-) :-p. really though, I didn't follow it completely. Ha
post #23 of 72

Hi
I bought a 439's at last and have some little problem with bass....I read a lot of reviews in headfi or diffrent places and thus of my searching this problem proper with AMP or apple product(ipad.ipod or...)...!!!
I dont know it's realy or not?!?!

I have a sony walkman and when i use it I feeling something is not on own place....maybe for bass response or something else ...!!!!!
before i had bought 439,i have a pionner Se-mj31 ( that's awesome) but its broken and when i use it with that walkman the pionner's getting alive..! but on this headphone don't make strong bass or strong sound!! The 439 have pretty good sound quality but i listtenig to the electronic music and this genre of music want extended bass response!!!
what am i doing for make it the same of my little babe(pionner) "strong base response" ?!?!

Some forum wrote " it's okay after burn-in (~20hours) listening or play pink noise ( whats pink noise?!?! \

plz some body help me....i realy wnat getting out of this trouble!!!!

TNX

post #24 of 72
You don't necessarily have to use pink noise to burn-in. Leave your headphones plugged into your player while running a bunch of bass heavy music on repeat for about a whole day, and have the volume be a bit louder than you'd listen to yourself. I hope this helps. smily_headphones1.gif
post #25 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHorseNamedJeff View Post

You don't necessarily have to use pink noise to burn-in. Leave your headphones plugged into your player while running a bunch of bass heavy music on repeat for about a whole day, and have the volume be a bit louder than you'd listen to yourself. I hope this helps. smily_headphones1.gif

Agree! 

post #26 of 72

Of course, don't have your head in the cans while you're doing that biggrin.gif

post #27 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHorseNamedJeff View Post

Of course, don't have your head in the cans while you're doing that biggrin.gif


I love your avatar :)

post #28 of 72

Thanks :D it's from Warrenpchi down in the TMAC thread

post #29 of 72

That's Okay.......but I read if you played a white noise , pink noise or logetic sine noise , silence headphone about 30 seconds , Is it correct?!?!?blink.gif

post #30 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHorseNamedJeff View Post

Of course, don't have your head in the cans while you're doing that biggrin.gif


biggrin.gif youre kidding me!!! basshead.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Thoughts on Sennheiser HD439?