- 13,401 Posts. Joined 11/2004
- Location: Dillingham, Alaska - Bristol Bay, salmon capital of the world.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 With 901 DAP - Questions?? Last post on 9/19/14 at 4:34am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Hifiman HE-6 + aftermarket cables (priced to move) Last post on Yesterday at 12:25 am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- MATCHING HEADPHONES, CABLES AND AMPLIFIERS: HARDER THAN IT SHOULD BE (Part 1 of 2) Last post on 8/9/14 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why would those with HE-6 prefer speaker amps? Last post on 9/16/14 at 12:28pm in Sound Science
- FS: BNIB Hifiman HE-6 HE6 - free worldwide shipping and paypal fees Last post on 6/30/14 at 10:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I first reviewed the original Brainwavz R3 back in December 2013, and unfortunately...
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW FW. . link 1st page. . - Page 147post #2191 of 29593/1/14 at 1:29pmThread StarterSo is anyone else making after market cards?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2192 of 29593/1/14 at 6:03pmpost #2193 of 29593/1/14 at 6:06pmQuote:
It's not native. Only a few companies have the technology and right to use native dsd playback.post #2194 of 29593/1/14 at 6:21pmQuote:
It's converted to PCM and it is still pretty much a beta function. Some tracks will have background pop/noise, others might stutter, some plays OK. Overall not a stable solution for DSD playback yet and won't recommend it for people if DSD is a key consideration.post #2195 of 29593/1/14 at 6:34pmpost #2196 of 29593/1/14 at 6:38pmpost #2197 of 29593/1/14 at 8:05pmpost #2198 of 29593/1/14 at 9:15pmThread StarterQuote:
That is what I understand. They have the two Sabre dacs as a base and then with all they cards they could do, much versatility.post #2199 of 29593/2/14 at 2:59pmQuote:
And the best thing is if you own the 802 as well, you can use the same range of amp cards as well.post #2200 of 29593/2/14 at 10:53pmQuote:
Yes, the various amp boards are really very interesting and give me a lot of fun in mixing and matching with various iems.
Btw, the 802 also doubled as an extra charger and an extra battery for the 901 too.post #2201 of 29593/3/14 at 6:56amQuote:
Absolutely! The joys and pleasures of an ecosystem.post #2202 of 29593/3/14 at 7:13am
I hope Hifiman will release HM-902 in which the DSD will become native playback. I will buy immediately. HM-901 is almost perfect DAP but hope they can upgrade this feature.post #2203 of 29593/3/14 at 7:30amQuote:
Space is gonna be a problem though. Unless you get a 256 storage card. Think only Lexus has one and it's super expensive.post #2204 of 29593/3/14 at 7:48amQuote:
I just buy a few more 128gb cards. I think battery is also a concern but I will bring one more spare battery and a backup DAP when out. This is what I do now. HM-901 (minibox) as primary and X5 as backup. I tried 802 but decided not to buy because I dont listen to pop music.
This is what bugs me now is that I cannot play dsd properly when out and about.post #2205 of 29593/3/14 at 7:50am
- HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW FW. . link 1st page. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 17 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 8 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 10 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Brooko
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)