- 13,399 Posts. Joined 11/2004
- Location: Dillingham, Alaska - Bristol Bay, salmon capital of the world.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-6 + aftermarket cables (priced to move) Last post on 9/10/14 at 11:08pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- MATCHING HEADPHONES, CABLES AND AMPLIFIERS: HARDER THAN IT SHOULD BE (Part 1 of 2) Last post on 8/9/14 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why would those with HE-6 prefer speaker amps? Last post on 9/16/14 at 12:28pm in Sound Science
- FS: BNIB Hifiman HE-6 HE6 - free worldwide shipping and paypal fees Last post on 6/30/14 at 10:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Synergy between first-party amps & headphones Last post on 6/9/14 at 12:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok...
HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW FW. . link 1st page. . - Page 138post #2056 of 29572/1/14 at 9:56pmThread StarterThat would be great.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2057 of 29572/1/14 at 9:57pmpost #2058 of 29572/1/14 at 10:00pmpost #2059 of 29572/1/14 at 10:06pmpost #2060 of 29572/2/14 at 5:24pmpost #2061 of 29572/2/14 at 5:55pmQuote:
There were not any specifics about the future card mentioned in his post. I think he was a little bit annoyed that some people in China think Sony D100 recorder has superior SQ over audiophile DAP. Comments and taste of certain Chinese headfiers are quite "unique", its a huge nation afterall.post #2062 of 29572/2/14 at 6:09pmpost #2063 of 29572/2/14 at 6:52pmpost #2064 of 29572/3/14 at 3:55pmI bought a used minibox amp card from a fellow headfier.. I finally get to appreciate the innovative modular design of HM901. Really looking forward to more new amp cards.post #2065 of 29572/3/14 at 4:02pm
I will receive my IEM card soon. Can't wait to listen to it with my SE5 and JH16. I thought I should give it a try because of the battery life. The IEM card sucks less battery power than the standard card.
Edited by flaco - 2/3/14 at 4:03pmpost #2066 of 29572/3/14 at 4:04pmQuote:
When I get bored after a few months from using minibox i will buy iem card toopost #2067 of 29572/3/14 at 4:20pmQuote:
If you want battery life and use the 901 mostly with IEM's. I hope it will be a worthy upgrade over the standard card, though the new standard card isn't that bad.post #2068 of 29572/3/14 at 4:54pmQuote:
Yah, thanks. I think it will be great too..i was using balance card so i had to buy an extra battery when it was on sale 50% off in China..post #2069 of 29572/3/14 at 5:26pmQuote:
haha, I was about to do the same. Since Mimouille's experiences with the SE5 and the iem card weren't that good I was about to spend extra cash on cable, battery, extra charger and balanced card....
Who knows, maybe I end up buying the balanced card one day. We definitely need more cards for the HM-901...post #2070 of 29572/3/14 at 5:27pmJamato,
Would you be able to give me a quick summary of the HM801, 901, DX100 and CLAS (assuming you have heard them all, which I think you have)? I've grown tired of the Sabre sound and found that my DAC preferences are in the R2R architecture camp. With that in mind I was wondering if you found the HM801 competitive with the other units. It may be time for me to look beyond my DX100 and your input here would be valuable.
- HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW FW. . link 1st page. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 48 seconds ago
- › I got a Denon AVR-2802 for free. Worth building a system around it? 1 minute ago
- › Recommendation for portable on-ear headphones with great character... 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K340 Electrostatic Phones 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › thread for fun...do you see your hearing getting lost in the future? 2 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Woo audio GES vs HeadAmp KGSS. 5 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)